Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Lasko Ceramic Heater with Adjustable Thermostat (Used Good to Like New Condition) $10 to $11 (http://slickdeals.net/f/5986090-lasko-ceramic-heater-with-adjustable-thermostat-used-good-to-like-new-condition-10-to-11)

Processing... 04-23-2013 10:18 PM

Lasko Ceramic Heater with Adjustable Thermostat (Used Good to Like New Condition) $10 to $11

65535 Attachment(s)
Looks like Amazon has some extra Lasko 754200 Ceramic Heaters [amazon.com] that are going for $10.30 to $10.85 depending on condition. I purchased one of these from Amazon during their last promo in December and for $10 it's a great deal.

For those who are not familiar, these are "Warehouse deals", meaning that they are most likely damaged box items and/or returns.

Discombobulated 04-23-2013 10:18 PM

Lasko Ceramic Heater with Adjustable Thermostat (Used Good to Like New Condition) $10 to $11

1 Attachment(s)
Amazon Warehouse Deals has Lasko 754200 Ceramic Heater with Adjustable Thermostat from $10 to $10.87 (depending on conditions). Free shipping with Prime (free student accounts available) or if you spend $25 or more. Use slick fillers to find other eligible items to help reach the $25 requirement. Thanks Processing...

Note, condition of product vary from Good to Like New. Item may come repackage with minor cosmetic imperfection, otherwise item is in working condition

wikipost 04-23-2013 10:18 PM

This post can and should be edited by users like you :)

This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.

Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.

rodh01 04-23-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Processing... (Post 59041634)
Looks like Amazon has some extra Lasko 754200 Ceramic Heaters[/URL] that are going for $10.30 to $10.85 depending on condition. I purchased one of these from Amazon during their last promo in December and for $10 it's a great deal.

For those who are not familiar, these are "Warehouse deals", meaning that they are most likely damaged box items and/or returns.

And there is no manufacturer's warranty.

Processing... 04-23-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodh01 (Post 59041856)

that's true, but for $10 I don't know if you want to deal with the manufacturer on this anyway (most likely you will have to pay for shipping on the return, etc...). If it's DOA or really beat up you can just send it back to amazon, so that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

vip00 04-23-2013 11:09 PM

I love when people complain about lack of warranty on a $10 item. Personally when cheap crap breaks, I recycle it and move on. What are you expecting for the price?

DJsDA 04-23-2013 11:15 PM

I bought this brand new late last year during an Amazon sale for $10.

Very happy with it. Heats up a medium/large size bedroom within a few minutes and is compact/small unlike a lot of other portable heating or cooling devices.

In for a "Like New" condition (only $.50 more than the 'good'). Thx OP!!

Amazon's excellent return policy makes it pretty safe to buy any of their used products.

Ashvins 04-23-2013 11:23 PM

Not that great a deal. Low end, out of season, no warranty.

DJsDA 04-23-2013 11:28 PM

$10 shipped for a brand name portable heater with great reviews.

Please point me to something better!

SilverImpreza 04-23-2013 11:40 PM

Only a couple cents more for a "like new" If I needed a heater, this seems like a great deal

TDMVP73 04-23-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJsDA (Post 59042254)

I don't know about necessarily better... but here are some other alternatives for ~$10 Shipped AR.
THREAD

green_key 04-23-2013 11:53 PM

am I expecting too much for a remote?

xxxHolic 04-23-2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJsDA (Post 59042254)

It broke after a few months.

sdcpa 04-23-2013 11:57 PM

A heater would be on my list of things to not buy used, and certainly not a potential customer return.

lkarmaz2 04-24-2013 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djcluerec (Post 59042428)
A heater would be on my list of things to not buy used, and certainly not a potential customer return.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

I was rewatching some Law & Order: Criminal Intent last night, and it happened to be that episode where someone rigs a space heater to produce carbon dioxide. Then they return it. :eek:

bansh77 04-24-2013 02:19 AM

That's a scary thought...

On that note, this reminds me...

I bought a refurb. Linksys Router slickdeal a few years ago that the tech support guys on a reputable networking site told me I could have malicious firmware as it's locked down yet always has a bogie connected on a random port in the incoming log after all other bases were covered in the discussions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lkarmaz2 (Post 59042840)

I was rewatching some Law & Order: Criminal Intent last night, and it happened to be that episode where someone rigs a space heater to produce carbon dioxide. Then they return it. :eek:

xxxHolic 04-24-2013 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bansh77 (Post 59043026)

I bought a refurb. Linksys Router slickdeal a few years ago that the tech support guys on a reputable networking site told me I could have malicious firmware as it's locked down yet always has a bogie connected on a random port in the incoming log after all other bases were covered in the discussions.

:eek:

stegall 04-24-2013 03:19 AM

Not bad if in immediate need, however, routinely find them brand new for same amount throughout the cool season (bought mine in November for $10.00 + tax). As one should expect, fan is not all-powerful, but more than adequate for a small bathroom, for example.

josh04 04-24-2013 04:06 AM

I bought one (new) previously as well. Be aware that it's not silent, but I'm not bothered by the noise. We're cheap and use the heat minimally (in the South). I keep it in my office; have also warmed up our small living room with the door shut. Have also brought it in a grocery bag to warm up a study room in the library at school.

It was 10 freakin bucks, practically nothing if you need a heater to warm up a room with the door closed and can handle hearing the fan.

adas 04-24-2013 04:36 AM

this was $10 brand new a few times.... This heater is LOUD AS HELL!!!!

solargeek84 04-24-2013 05:18 AM

i've owned one of these for about 5 years. it's a perfect background noise maker. i use it to help me sleep. i don't really use the heater part of it anymore though since i moved away from flagstaff, az!

ayaniga 04-24-2013 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vip00 (Post 59042108)
I love when people complain about lack of warranty on a $10 item. Personally when cheap crap breaks, I recycle it and move on. What are you expecting for the price?

When I buy something I expect it to work...regardless of the price. If you don't care about spending $10 and it not working...I have some stuff I can sell you at $10 a piece if you like.

lozts 04-24-2013 06:18 AM

I have one of these. It works great and it isn't loud like some are claiming but for $10-$11 used, I'm not sure this is a slickdeal. I paid $10 for a new one.

missgord 04-24-2013 06:21 AM

this was $10 on BF and my bf got one. then i stole it from him, and now i use it at work. i'm actually using it right now since my office is always FREEZING. it's def a pretty legit little machine. i'm a fan.

EDIT: this is not loud at all. i mean, you can hear it, but it's the perfect background noise. i use it at work and it doesn't bother anyone - no one notices it. i could only see this being a problem if you like live in a nuclear shelter somewhere underground and are used to COMPLETE silence. beyond that it's just soothing background noise, and actually is useful for making annoying noise less obvious.

carlydew 04-24-2013 06:24 AM

Be careful with Lasko refurbished items. I purchased a refurbished Lasko last November from a third-party site (onesaleaday.com), whose website said the product came with a 1-year warranty. Within a month, the power died--neither the heat nor the fan would turn on. I contacted onesaleaday, who told me I had to contact the manufacturer to activate the warranty process. I contacted Lasko and they told me they never warranty or sell refurbished products. I tried to dispute it on my credit card, but somehow I lost...still bitter about that one.

This may be a great deal and maybe mine was just a fluke, but beware when purchasing refurbished Lasko products. To replace my broken Lasko, I spent $15 for the cheapest space heater on Amazon and it has lasted twice as long as my refurbished Lasko and does a great job heating my office, despite the heater's small size. I would urge anyone thinking about purchasing a refurbished Lasko to just pay the extra $5 and get something new that will likely last longer.

SAN_MARINO 04-24-2013 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodh01 (Post 59041856)

This crap has a lifespan of 1 year.

Quinn4597 04-24-2013 06:35 AM

Ive had one of these for about a year. I find it to be a great little heater, perfect for under the desk to keep my feet warm.

henucu 04-24-2013 07:00 AM

Heats up my master bedroom of decent size pretty quick. I got this for 10 bucks new last BF. Its also prodcues decent whitenoise, but not loud at all. in for 1. Used from amzn warehouse is good as new.

kaosstar 04-24-2013 07:07 AM

They had these heaters last year for $9.99 brand new.

Hank3 04-24-2013 07:13 AM

I have found with many Amazon Warehouse Deals that the used/like new items really are like new. My wife wants another heater for next year so we're getting one. We purchased the new one for $10 last year and she really likes it.

Thx and repd!

trip1eX 04-24-2013 07:21 AM

Lasko 755320 Ceramic Tower Heater with Digital Display and Remote Control [amazon.com]

like new for $21.65

kan555 04-24-2013 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip1eX (Post 59045742)

Good find. Thanks. Got one.

jsweetksu 04-24-2013 07:47 AM

I purchased one of these last year and absolutely love it. I've been watching for this heater to go on sale again to pick up another. I can say like others have that this is not loud. I use it in my son's room during the winter and it provides the perfect amount of white noise. If you have it on HIGH turned all the way up it can make the room quite hot. Thanks OP!

kahluatex 04-24-2013 07:58 AM

Just want to say I have this heater and it works great. Very pleased with it.

We also got it for ~$10 on sale out of season and my wife laughed at me a little when a heater showed up in the mail in the summer. But then guess who monopolized the heater in her office all fall/winter!?! :D

Grabbed another!

tim92024 04-24-2013 08:01 AM

Was happy with the heater while it worked. Died after about 6 months.

steppedinit 04-24-2013 08:10 AM

I have one that's been working great for years for my office at work. Heats it up really fast.

vip00 04-24-2013 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayaniga (Post 59043968)
When I buy something I expect it to work...regardless of the price. If you don't care about spending $10 and it not working...I have some stuff I can sell you at $10 a piece if you like.

Then return to Amazon within 30 days for a full refund. They'll even cover the return shipping if it's defective. Not sure what you're complaining about.

SAN_MARINO 04-24-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip1eX (Post 59045742)

There is no point to buy a Lasko brand new for $21.65. Lasko is known to be a problematic brand especially fan. Just spend $10 more, you can get the Honeywell heater. I believe Walmart sells it for $29.99 everyday value price.

http://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-d...ell+heater

Mr. Harley 04-24-2013 08:47 AM

Picked up two of these, or at least a model that looks identical, from Newegg a few months back. Very happy with both of them. Simple, basic ceramic heater. Definite fan noise, but nothing excessive, and simple dial controls. The anti-tipover switch is probably the weak link in the design, but works fine as long as it's not abused. Front grid gets uncomfortably hot on high, but "snatch your foot away" rather than "F%^&, I burned my foot" hot, which is nice in our bathroom. New ours had a definite chemical smell, just set outside on the porch and let run for half an hour on high and most of it's gone.

blahblahyoutoo 04-24-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJsDA (Post 59042162)
I bought this brand new late last year during an Amazon sale for $10.

Very happy with it. Heats up a medium/large size bedroom within a few minutes and is compact/small unlike a lot of other portable heating or cooling devices.

In for a "Like New" condition (only $.50 more than the 'good'). Thx OP!!

Amazon's excellent return policy makes it pretty safe to buy any of their used products.

yup, got in on the same deal.
$10 brand new.

trip1eX 04-24-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAN_MARINO (Post 59047586)
There is no point to buy a Lasko brand new for $21.65. Lasko is known to be a problematic brand especially fan. Just spend $10 more, you can get the Honeywell heater. I believe Walmart sells it for $29.99 everyday value price.

http://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-d...ell+heater

? Says who? REviews are much greater and better with the Lasko.

SAN_MARINO 04-24-2013 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip1eX (Post 59047910)
? Says who? REviews are much greater and better with the Lasko.

I have several bad Lasko fans and heaters.

trip1eX 04-24-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAN_MARINO (Post 59048158)
I have several bad Lasko fans and heaters.

:lol:

Too bad people have bad Honeywell heaters too otherwise you might be on to something.

SAN_MARINO 04-24-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip1eX (Post 59048212)
:lol:

Too bad people have bad Honeywell heaters too otherwise you might be on to something.

I am not on something.

jennieve01 04-24-2013 09:49 AM

I also have this heater and it is an amazing little workhorse!

funkychateau 04-24-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Think about what you're saying ... this is an electric heater, not gas :shake:

fuzzyfacedog 04-24-2013 11:19 AM

Got this brand new on a SD Nov. 28, 2012 for $10 shipped just before our state tax started. Almost got a like new one here, but prob will wait for a new one on sale again with temperatures reaching 95 deg this week. :D

RossoS1 04-24-2013 01:10 PM

I have one. The thermostat is useless. It goes long periods where it stays on or off or won't work at all. you'll have to maintain the desired temp manually.

Mystery123 04-24-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Carbon dioxide???
Or you mean monoxide?

CO2 is not harmful but monoxide can kill.

BTW, I have this (at least looks same) since 2007 and works fine to heat legs when watching movies/TV etc... as it's still pretty cold around here.
Thermostat is not that accurate but works fine.

gonepostl 04-24-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bansh77 (Post 59043026)

Cool story bro

bansh77 04-24-2013 03:53 PM

Cool use of internet slang, BraH.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonepostl (Post 59056658)
Cool story bro

drleephd 04-24-2013 09:23 PM

I have this heater in a bathroom. For some reason, even being 1500watts, I have different (same method) heaters which feel like they produce a lot more heat at the same wattage.

I think I originally paid $15 for it at walmart, wouldn't buy it again.

edit: also, as others have said, It's LOUD.
also, thermostat doesn't work accurately.
I have it in a small bathroom and still regret not buying something better.

bj02454 04-25-2013 05:20 AM

I've had one for years and this little heater is great. Then again it was $15 new, I wouldn't buy a used heater.

Great morning heater for your feet and such or to point at the sofa. Can heat a room slowly but surely if you leave it running but try to be green please :)

SiliconKnight42 04-25-2013 12:50 PM

CO2 vs CO deadliness?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystery123 (Post 59056474)
Carbon dioxide???
Or you mean monoxide?

CO2 is not harmful but monoxide can kill.

BTW, I have this (at least looks same) since 2007 and works fine to heat legs when watching movies/TV etc... as it's still pretty cold around here.
Thermostat is not that accurate but works fine.

I would have to disagree that "CO2 is not harmful." An excess of CO2 (even in the presence of plenty of O2) can still a problem (link [blm.gov] - search for the word "death" if you don't want to read the entire report).

It just takes a lot less CO to be be dangerous. How do I know this? I personally became aware of this during my time as US Navy submarine officer - CO2 level in the boat's atmosphere was one of the parameters we monitored closely.

That being said, I also agree that neither CO nor CO2 are liable to be a concern with an electric heater (unless it sets something on fire - which is a whole different issue).

hkredefine 04-25-2013 03:16 PM

Maybe someone said something to this effect already, I didn't read all the comments, apologies if this is a repost. These things suck up power. I got one new for about $10, seemed like a good deal, then a couple months later I got a power bill that was more than double the usual amount because of this thing. I'm not a space heater expert, but maybe there are better models that are more expensive but don't kill you on the bill later.

pelletube 04-27-2013 03:34 PM

I just received on in the mail, the fan is not working (not spinning at all) for some reason.

Anyone experience the same problem?

dudemaaan 04-27-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pelletube (Post 59118696)
I just received on in the mail, the fan is not working (not spinning at all) for some reason.

Anyone experience the same problem?

Yes I bought 2 and neither one of them work. (fan doesn't spin) I tried to manually spin it to see if I could get it going. nope JUNK, I have a feeling a LOT of people will be experiencing this same issue.

pelletube 04-28-2013 05:12 AM

Thanks for for letting me know. I agree. It was a complete waste of time and money.:mad:

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudemaaan (Post 59121290)
Yes I bought 2 and neither one of them work. (fan doesn't spin) I tried to manually spin it to see if I could get it going. nope JUNK, I have a feeling a LOT of people will be experiencing this same issue.

Coldxstar3 04-30-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pelletube (Post 59125616)
Thanks for for letting me know. I agree. It was a complete waste of time and money.:mad:

same here! just got the item today. incredbily annoyed. granted its 10$ but do what your advertised at the very least. so we just return with the same box ? garbage heater.

dudemaaan 04-30-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coldxstar3 (Post 59164966)
same here! just got the item today. incredbily annoyed. granted its 10$ but do what your advertised at the very least. so we just return with the same box ? garbage heater.

Yes same box. Or any box it fits in. Doesn't matter. Fortunately amazon has an easy return policy, UPS picked mine up yesterday. What I don't understand is why no one tested these things before selling them? Are they just going to resell them again as "like new". I wonder how many people wait until winter to try them, just to find out they don't work.

Coldxstar3 04-30-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudemaaan (Post 59166246)
Yes same box. Or any box it fits in. Doesn't matter. Fortunately amazon has an easy return policy, UPS picked mine up yesterday. What I don't understand is why no one tested these things before selling them? Are they just going to resell them again as "like new". I wonder how many people wait until winter to try them, just to find out they don't work.

yeah its incredibly inconvenient for them to do that. thanks for the info, i shud be returning it tmr. Figure id use the heat emanating but even then the motor dies too after a few minutes. fail product.