Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Right Handed - New Odyssey Golf - White Ice #6 Putter 35" $55.00 + FS (http://slickdeals.net/f/5990212-right-handed-new-odyssey-golf-white-ice-6-putter-35-55-00-fs)

ClearanceCloset 04-25-2013 05:01 PM

Right Handed - New Odyssey Golf - White Ice #6 Putter 35" $55.00 + FS

2 Attachment(s)
New Odyssey Golf - White Ice #6 Putter 35"
EBAY-Top Rated Seller with 99.6% Positive Rating

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Odyss...56558847ce

Brand: Odyssey Golf
Model: White Ice
Condition: Brand New/Factory Sealed
Dexterity: Men's right Handed
Makeup:
Shaft:
Flex: Putter Flex
Grip:
Length/Lie:
Head Cover:
Stock # : 11ODYWIMOD6MRHREGST35I01

This classically styled blade has extreme heel-toe weighting for better stability during the stroke and Hi-Def alignment to help improve accuracy. The White Ice Insert is our most popular, best feeling multi-layer insert. Developed after extensive feedback from players on Tour, our engineers have enhanced its sound, responsiveness and consistency. Coupled with a Dark Nickel finish for a premium look, White Ice putters combine Tour-level performance with Tour-inspired feel.

Features:

White Ice Insert: The multi-layer insert has been fine-tuned to enhance sound, responsiveness, resiliency and consistency. The inner core is 19 percent firmer to enhance the feel and 92 percent stiffer for better resiliency, leading to consistent distance control. The face surface has been roughened to enhance the sound at impact with softer golf balls. The rough texture also helps increase friction between the ball and the insert to promote forward roll.
Headweight Optimization: In White Ice core models, Tour-tuned weight ports in the sole optimize the putter head with the shaft length to create the ideal balance that maximizes feel, control and accuracy. Headweight optimization uses 340 gram heads on 35” putters and 355 gram heads on 33” and 34” putters to precisely tune the performance and feel.

etphonehome 04-25-2013 05:02 PM

I'm looking for a new putter. Seems like a solid deal. Hmm...

Thanks OP

ohnims 04-25-2013 06:03 PM

I wonder how good this putter is. Would've been nice if I had had chance to go to local pro shop and tried this out. No doubt, though, that it's a solid deal.
Thanks OP!

TJM 04-25-2013 06:08 PM

I'm in for 1. To hec with the $100+ putters I've been watching recently on eBay. This is a popular brand putter that many players like and much better than my generic putter that I've been using for 10 years. I like the simplicity of this putter. No special weights for balance. Its all up to the golfer.

ClearanceCloset 04-26-2013 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJM (Post 59084318)
I'm in for 1. To hec with the $100+ putters I've been watching recently on eBay. This is a popular brand putter that many players like and much better than my generic putter that I've been using for 10 years. I like the simplicity of this putter. No special weights for balance. Its all up to the golfer.

Hummmm I have bought all new Taylormade Irons, Drivers, new putters (many kinds) and I have found none of them have improved my game. LOL :-)

ohnims 04-26-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClearanceCloset (Post 59093996)
Hummmm I have bought all new Taylormade Irons, Drivers, new putters (many kinds) and I have found none of them have improved my game. LOL :-)

Good golfers tell you that it's the player not the irons, but very seldom do I think it's that; I always blame the irons. I too want to change everything I have, but I'll probably wait a year or two :P

diehllane 04-26-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohnims (Post 59106510)
Good golfers tell you that it's the player not the irons, but very seldom do I think it's that; I always blame the irons. I too want to change everything I have, but I'll probably wait a year or two :P

Depending on the irons you are referring to (long), you might be able to get away with hybrids.
I play hybrids much better than my long irons, but I still keep the irons in my bag for shots I need to chop or risky shots around tree roots or something.
In my bag, I've got 3, 4, 5, and 6 hybrids, but still keep the 5 and 6 irons in my bag just in case. A bad lie in the rough is easier to get at with an iron than a hybrid because the heads on the hybrids are so light.

I do have a LH Odyssey White Ice putter and I do like it a lot more than my previous putter. I don't have this style though.

ohnims 04-26-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diehllane (Post 59106740)
Depending on the irons you are referring to (long), you might be able to get away with hybrids.
I play hybrids much better than my long irons, but I still keep the irons in my bag for shots I need to chop or risky shots around tree roots or something.
In my bag, I've got 3, 4, 5, and 6 hybrids, but still keep the 5 and 6 irons in my bag just in case. A bad lie in the rough is easier to get at with an iron than a hybrid because the heads on the hybrids are so light.

I do have a LH Odyssey White Ice putter and I do like it a lot more than my previous putter. I don't have this style though.

I have 3 and 5 hybrids, and irons from 5. I actually could hit the 5i much more consistently than the 5 hybrid, even though I do hit the 5 hybrid much farther. Could be because my hybrids have graphite shafts vs steel shafts on my irons.

I have the Odyssey Protype, and I actually like it a lot.