Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Cuisinart® 12-piece Professional Tri-Ply Stainless Steel Cookware $160 Shipped At Costco (Or Maybe $60 B&M YMMV) (http://slickdeals.net/e/5993502-cuisinart-12-piece-professional-tri-ply-stainless-steel-cookware-160-shipped-at-costco-or-maybe-60-b-m-ymmv)

LuncheonMeat 04-27-2013 12:54 PM

Cuisinart® 12-piece Professional Tri-Ply Stainless Steel Cookware $160 Shipped At Costco (Or Maybe $60 B&M YMMV)

65535 Attachment(s)
http://www.costco.com/Cuisinart%C...59509.html

If you have a Costco nearby you might check to see if this set is on clearance for $100 or possibly even $60.

Features:
Heat Surround™ Technology
Seal in Nutrients
Stay Cool Handles
Drip-Free Pouring
Dishwasher Safe
All-Range Capable

Includes:
One 8” Skillet
One 10” Skillet
One 12” Skillet
One 1.5-quart Saucepan with Cover
One 3-quart Saucepan with Cover
One 4-quart Saute with Helper Handle and Cover
One 8-quart Stockpot with Cover
Pasta Insert

Amazon link for reviews
http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-P...B009EZ4TFE

holysin 04-27-2013 02:00 PM

Hmmmmm, wonder how this compares to the Cuisinart MCP-12N MultiClad Pro Stainless Steel 12-Piece Cookware Set (or even the MCP-12 (not new style) set..... THis looks *very* similar, and is ~$80 cheaper (I knew I should have bought the MCP-12 back when it was 160 shipped on the zon!)

Anyone know if this is basically the same, or if it's lesser for some reason I can't see?

realkoolguy 04-27-2013 02:01 PM

This is on clearance in my local Costco in Montebello, CA for $99.97.

LuncheonMeat 04-27-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by realkoolguy (Post 59117766)

Great price. I will update the title.

LuncheonMeat 04-27-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holysin (Post 59117754)
Hmmmmm, wonder how this compares to the Cuisinart MCP-12N MultiClad Pro Stainless Steel 12-Piece Cookware Set (or even the MCP-12 (not new style) set..... THis looks *very* similar, and is ~$80 cheaper (I knew I should have bought the MCP-12 back when it was 160 shipped on the zon!)

Anyone know if this is basically the same, or if it's lesser for some reason I can't see?

This set is not fully clad ( I think) like the set you mentioned.

hariravi 04-27-2013 02:50 PM

Any body found in atlana area... Please update...

whocares1 04-27-2013 04:13 PM

How to check it's local availability?

chihping 04-27-2013 04:24 PM

This set is fully clad and was ~$150 w/ coupons at some point. I do like the set and I think it's worth it at this price. However, I do have some issues with warping and pitting. The pitting is due to the 18/0 outer layer for induction compatibility purposes and water being left on it too long. The warping could be just user error, but my junk tri-ply base pans have all been fine. I'll be testing out Cuisinart's lifetime warranty.

robinm 04-27-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chihping (Post 59119264)
This set is fully clad and was ~$150 w/ coupons at some point. I do like the set and I think it's worth it at this price. However, I do have some issues with warping and pitting. The pitting is due to the 18/0 outer layer for induction compatibility purposes and water being left on it too long. The warping could be just user error, but my junk tri-ply base pans have all been fine. I'll be testing out Cuisinart's lifetime warranty.

I read on another site (was looking at reviews) that the warping could be from putting a hot pan into cold water. Just wanted to mention it..

EvilTechie 04-27-2013 05:29 PM

seems to be some what all-clad in its constructions

Heat Surround™ Technology allows for even heat distribution along the bottom and up the side walls of the cookware

holysin 04-27-2013 06:09 PM

Hmmmm, ponders. Will check local costco to see if it's on clearance as then it's definitely worth jumping on, otherwise I might wait until I can find the MCP-12* cheaply again, For those who care, a great addition to your cleaning regime for these (and any stainless steel stuff) is "Barkeepers friend". The stuff works a treat for returning steel to a shine.

thenextlevel 05-02-2013 01:42 AM

if you're going to check - HURRY!

Quote:

Originally Posted by holysin (Post 59120584)
Hmmmm, ponders. Will check local costco to see if it's on clearance as then it's definitely worth jumping on, otherwise I might wait until I can find the MCP-12* cheaply again, For those who care, a great addition to your cleaning regime for these (and any stainless steel stuff) is "Barkeepers friend". The stuff works a treat for returning steel to a shine.

Struck out at two local Costco's and actually called to see if any local ones had it. Found one left about a 20min drive from work, so I went on my lunch break the next day...thinking at least I'll get a hot dog for lunch if it's already sold out. Got there and there was one beat up looking box left and the display model. Ran out to get a cart, came back, loaded it up and a manager comes walking down the aisle and looks at the display. I asked him if he had any in the back since this box was so beat up. (knowing there's probably no chance there's one) He said no and actually he was looking for the last box since they were marking the item down again. He showed me the new tag and my jaw dropped. $60!!! I was about to take the tag, but he said it's already in the system, so there's no need and replaced the tag on the display (I guess they would still sell the display)

I promptly booked it to the check out line and was out the door with a grand total of $65. Pretty freaking awesome. And I got my hot dog! :bounce: Obviously it's a huge YMMV, but if you can find one, jump and it and hopefully it'll be marked down even more.

Thanks OP & realkoolguy for the heads up! I was thinking about getting the Anolon deal, but how can I pass this up!? (and the Analon wasn't stickered/discounted at my local TuesMorning)

LuncheonMeat 05-03-2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenextlevel (Post 59207222)
Struck out at two local Costco's and actually called to see if any local ones had it. Found one left about a 20min drive from work, so I went on my lunch break the next day...thinking at least I'll get a hot dog for lunch if it's already sold out. Got there and there was one beat up looking box left and the display model. Ran out to get a cart, came back, loaded it up and a manager comes walking down the aisle and looks at the display. I asked him if he had any in the back since this box was so beat up. (knowing there's probably no chance there's one) He said no and actually he was looking for the last box since they were marking the item down again. He showed me the new tag and my jaw dropped. $60!!! I was about to take the tag, but he said it's already in the system, so there's no need and replaced the tag on the display (I guess they would still sell the display)

I promptly booked it to the check out line and was out the door with a grand total of $65. Pretty freaking awesome. And I got my hot dog! :bounce: Obviously it's a huge YMMV, but if you can find one, jump and it and hopefully it'll be marked down even more.

Thanks OP & realkoolguy for the heads up! I was thinking about getting the Anolon deal, but how can I pass this up!? (and the Analon wasn't stickered/discounted at my local TuesMorning)

Nice find. I will update the OP with the possibly new price.

This is another good deal at Costco that people might want to look at while there...

http://slickdeals.net/f/5980768-Kirkland-Signature-8-quart-Enameled-Cast-Iron-French-Oval-Oven-60-Shipped-At-Costco

EvilTechie 05-03-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by realkoolguy (Post 59117766)

do you know if there is anymore there?

is costco.com's item number same as in-store item number?
costco.com Item # 614470

thanks in advance

nothing at the city of industry costco last i checked a couple of days ago

realkoolguy 05-03-2013 11:43 AM

I check my receipt and you got the correct item number. Last weekend, they got about 6 left.
I would call the Montebello Costco to check stock.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvilTechie (Post 59239844)

costco.com Item # 614470

thanks in advance

thenextlevel 05-03-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvilTechie (Post 59239844)

costco.com Item # 614470

thanks in advance

same item number online and instore. I got it from the La Habra store, they might still have the display left. Next closest they said when I called was Bakersfield, that that was during the middle of the week...Good luck!

EvilTechie 05-03-2013 11:50 AM

thanks
i called montebello, they still have the 6 left
go for about $100 each

gonna go there after work

(please dont hoard it all whoever is thinking about buying it all and selling on ebay)