Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Humble Double Fine Bundle - PWYW ($1 min for Steam keys) for Costume Quest, Psychonauts, Stacking, BTA for Brutal Legend RRP $55! (http://slickdeals.net/f/6013156-humble-double-fine-bundle-pwyw-1-min-for-steam-keys-for-costume-quest-psychonauts-stacking-bta-for-brutal-legend-rrp-55)

tannersarms 05-07-2013 11:00 AM

Humble Double Fine Bundle - PWYW ($1 min for Steam keys) for Costume Quest, Psychonauts, Stacking, BTA for Brutal Legend RRP $55!

65504 Attachment(s)
www.humblebundle.com

All games work on PC, Mac & Linux. You get one Key for the non-BTA games and another for the BTA games.

Pay At Least $1 for Steam keys for:
Costume Quest [steampowered.com] RRP $14.99
Psychonauts [steampowered.com] RRP $9.99
Stacking [steampowered.com] RRP $14.99

Beat The Average for:
Brutal Legend [steampowered.com] RRP $14.99
A bunch of Double Fine Prototypes. This includes Autonomous, Black Lake, Hack n’ Slash, Spacebase DF-9, The White Birch, Costume Quest prototype, Happy Song, and Brazen! (Please note, all the prototypes are Windows only.) You'll also get to check out 2 Player Productions' fantastic documentary about Amnesia Fortnight 2012!

DJ3xclusive 05-07-2013 11:00 AM

PC Digital Download: Costume Quest + Psychonauts + Stacking $1

1 Attachment(s)
Humble Bundle has Costume Quest + Psychonauts + Stacking (PC Digital Download) for $1. Games activate via Steam. Thanks tannersarms

Please note, you may beat the average to purchase Brutal Legend (PC Digital Download)

lazyboredhungry 05-07-2013 11:14 AM

LOVED psychonauts! (ps this game works well with a controller, like the $27 newegg xbox controller right now)

trunten8 05-07-2013 11:18 AM

Costume Quest is a short and sweet turn based RPG with a very cute aesthetic. Almost a more modern Earthbound.

Stacking is probably one of the best adventure games I've played in years. Multiple solutions for every puzzle. Again, a very charming story with a cute aesthetic.

Psychonauts has been praised up and down for ages. The game has more than a few flaws with its platforming.

Brutal Legend has a very underrated multiplayer component. I never really liked heavy metal and couldn't really 'get' the references but that didn't stop me from enjoying the campaign at all.

carigis 05-07-2013 11:21 AM

Bummer, all the games look lame this go around.

lbadeleon 05-07-2013 11:27 AM

I thoroughly enjoyed Costume Quest - especially when I played and beat it on Halloween night. Too bad I own all the games except Brutal Legend, and I'm not willing to pay the BTA for just that game.

That said, here's hoping for The Cave as a bonus game (I mean it was free for PS+).

fbueller 05-07-2013 11:29 AM

If you don't get this for Psychonauts alone, you're stupid.

AllWhacked 05-07-2013 11:33 AM

Have Brutal Legend for my PS3 and couldn't quite get into it. Also already own two copies of Psychonauts, but for $1 picked up Costume Quest & Stacking.

ponyboy10 05-07-2013 11:34 AM

dang, already bought costume quest and psychonauts in a steam deal a while back (for more than the bta is now). not sure if stacking and brutal legend are worth it

staticoverdub 05-07-2013 11:51 AM

I already own all of these games. :(

xxxHolic 05-07-2013 11:59 AM

$8 to beat the Average for 1 game? No thanks.

inm8num2 05-07-2013 12:04 PM

Great bundle and great company to support.

mctooth 05-07-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxxHolic (Post 59312166)

Brutal Legend is pretty fun, at least until it turns into a RTS. I think it's worth the extra few bucks (I always donate at least $5 for Humbles anyway).

tannersarms 05-07-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxxHolic (Post 59312166)

It went down to about $6.20 earlier, but if you look at the top contributors, 2 already exceeded $1k. They just sent the emails out about the bundle now, that generally causes a quick drop in the average.

xxxHolic 05-07-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mctooth (Post 59312332)
Brutal Legend is pretty fun, at least until it turns into a RTS. I think it's worth the extra few bucks (I always donate at least $5 for Humbles anyway).

My friends have it. I know it is fun but the multiplayer is dead.

Croq 05-07-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tannersarms (Post 59310560)
Buy early and you'll get extra games if added in the second week, without having to BTA. I think it's a fairly safe bet that The Cave will be one of the bonuses, given it's Double Fine's only other offering on Steam.

It would be nice if The Cave was added later, but it seems to me they would have led with that title as the BTA game instead of Brutal Legend. TONS more people would BTA to get The Cave than Brutal Legend I'd think.

coolzkillaz 05-07-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Croq (Post 59312732)
It would be nice if The Cave was added later, but it seems to me they would have led with that title as the BTA game instead of Brutal Legend. TONS more people would BTA to get The Cave than Brutal Legend I'd think.

I think BL was the right BTA choice. The Cave has been discounted previously (I believe $5) and is really for the puzzler audience. BL, besides being a bit newer, has the eye candy/celebs/action combo that drove it's console success. The Cave might be the better game, but it's less accessible/big-titled that the HBs lead with.

With the knowledge that The Cave (Edit: and Iron Brigade/Trenched; thanks trunten8) are the only Steam games not currently listed, it would make sense to pay early if you currently don't own them & want them.

I think the debate should be about the widely-successful-and-kickstarted [kickstarter.com] Broken Age. I know it doesn't make sense to cheat out the $15 backers, but it feels a bit desperate at $35. Anywho, I'm in for Stacking (finally!). Thanks, tannersarms!

I should also say that the promo video [youtube.com] for this bundle is hilarious. Glad they poked at the Brutal Legend RTS.

trunten8 05-07-2013 01:09 PM

I bought it $7 assuming the latecomer unlock would be Trenched.

I would never pay money for The Cave.

tannersarms 05-07-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trunten8 (Post 59314200)
I bought it $7 assuming the latecomer unlock would be Trenched.

I would never pay money for The Cave.

Could be both. There's always at least 2 games.

masterlin1 05-07-2013 03:13 PM

Have always wanted to play all of these games, thanks OP

pauladams11 05-07-2013 03:19 PM

Picked up Psychonauts the last time it was bundled at HB -- worth a couple bucks to get Stacked (tried the demo on Xbox... pretty fun) and will give Costume Quest a try.

Bandin03 05-07-2013 03:35 PM

Also worth noting for the metalheads: BTA gets a 20-song soundtrack from Brutal Legend. No idea what the songs are...waiting for the average to come down a bit before I buy.

Also, I already played BL on Xbox and am buying and plan to play it again now. I rarely re-play games but I had a ton of fun with it...discovered a LOT of new songs and bands through that game.

BenJeremy 05-07-2013 03:43 PM

So you get one steam key for Stacking, Psychonauts and Costume Quest, and another fro Brutal Legend... but it looks like you can also choose to download those games DRM-free.

Nice.

tannersarms 05-07-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bandin03 (Post 59317220)
Also worth noting for the metalheads: BTA gets a 20-song soundtrack from Brutal Legend. No idea what the songs are...waiting for the average to come down a bit before I buy.

Also, I already played BL on Xbox and am buying and plan to play it again now. I rarely re-play games but I had a ton of fun with it...discovered a LOT of new songs and bands through that game.

The Soundtrack that comes with this is all original compositions:

Quote:

Rock on with the Brütal Legend original soundtrack, featuring 20 tracks of heavy metal rock and guitar riffs composed by Peter McConnell.
You don't get all of the tracks licensed for use in the game (i.e.these [wikipedia.org])

adas 05-07-2013 03:47 PM

I just want Stacking. How to get it???

xxxHolic 05-07-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adas (Post 59317390)

Pay $1?

722 05-07-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbueller (Post 59311392)

Ew...Humblebundle games.

xWarMECHx 05-07-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxxHolic (Post 59317532)
Pay $1?

C'mon you know that answer is too simple for them if they have to ask a .... question like that. Some people need their hand held through every step.

1561 05-07-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adas (Post 59317390)

You can't just get Stacking. If you buy the bundle you get Costume Quest and Psychonauts in addition to Stacking so you can think of it as 2 free games with your Stacking purchase if you want. If you just want the installation files for the games, pay at least $0.01, but if you also want a Steam key, then pay at least $1.

adas 05-07-2013 04:18 PM

Well, sorry, for asking, I guess my question should have been, do I get separate keys if I buy all the games? Well, I don't - just bought the $1 bundle, and there was only 1 steam key. the problem with DRM is, I would never remember to play it!...

tannersarms 05-07-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adas (Post 59318016)
Well, sorry, for asking, I guess my question should have been, do I get separate keys if I buy all the games? Well, I don't - just bought the $1 bundle, and there was only 1 steam key. the problem with DRM is, I would never remember to play it!...

Well, to be fair, the answer to that question can be found in bold in the OP.

BenJeremy 05-07-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adas (Post 59318016)

You don't need to use Steam, you can download the game, DRM-free directly from the page where you got the Steam Key.

Lobbymonster 05-07-2013 05:30 PM

Will my laptop with Intel HD Graphics 3000 run these games?

shandy706 05-07-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carigis (Post 59311168)

Is this a joke post?

Every game, but maybe Brutal Legend (it's a sort of cult game), is incredibly good/entertaining.

cruisin3style 05-07-2013 07:08 PM

no mobile, no deal

himeko123 05-07-2013 08:07 PM

This should be front page already. I wonder if the BTA would go down or up a couple hours after that happens.

Anyone else getting only 2 songs in Stacking OST, I thought there were more songs than that.

inm8num2 05-07-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lobbymonster (Post 59319368)
Will my laptop with Intel HD Graphics 3000 run these games?

They have system requirements here:

http://support.humblebundle.com/c...quirements

bosoxdanc 05-07-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carigis (Post 59311168)

You're joking, right... ?

atari 05-07-2013 09:26 PM

I already have Psychonauts, can I gift it, and keep the other games?

1561 05-07-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atari (Post 59323314)
I already have Psychonauts, can I gift it, and keep the other games?

You can gift the DRM free install files, but not the Steam key. You get one key for all three games (Psychonauts, Costume Quest, and Stacking) so you can't give away the games separately.

atari 05-07-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1561 (Post 59323370)
You can gift the DRM free install files, but not the Steam key. You get one key for all three games (Psychonauts, Costume Quest, and Stacking) so you can't give away the games separately.

I was wondering if anyone knows if you can gift it though Steam. Like when I bought Orange Box, I already had one of the games that came with it, and Steam gave me the option of gifting it to another user.

stevez32 05-07-2013 09:47 PM

I can never remember, do I have to beat the average now to get whatever bonus add ons they do, or will I get the bonus games even if I don't beat the average with a purchase before they throw in additional games?

Rocklobst3r 05-07-2013 09:51 PM

I already have Psychonauts and Brutal Legend, but it's worth the BTA just to get DRM free copys and soundtracks. And to support an awesome developer such as Double Fine.
Also the advertisement video :lol:

labude 05-07-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atari (Post 59323476)
I was wondering if anyone knows if you can gift it though Steam. Like when I bought Orange Box, I already had one of the games that came with it, and Steam gave me the option of gifting it to another user.

i remember that was the case with Orange box but
usually you can't gift the extra game.

1561 05-07-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevez32 (Post 59323608)
I can never remember, do I have to beat the average now to get whatever bonus add ons they do, or will I get the bonus games even if I don't beat the average with a purchase before they throw in additional games?

Usually you don't need to beat the average to get the addons as long as you make the purchase before they throw in the additional games.

tannersarms 05-07-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1561 (Post 59323370)

People will do whatever they want, but technically you should not give the DRM files to anyone else - per their terms and conditions. I'm not making a judgement, just telling you what the T&C says.

Quote:

No, you do not get a spare copy, if you already own one of the games on Steam and you activate the 3 game key, nothing happens, the duplicate is lost.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevez32 (Post 59323608)

No. Buy before any bonuses are added and no matter whether you BTA or not you will get the bonuses.

1561 05-07-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

So far, with all the humblebundle keys for multiple games, you basically lose the part of the key for the games you already have. If you already have the game, an extra copy doesn't go into your inventory. It just disappears.

skiddleybop 05-07-2013 10:41 PM

Double Fine rocks.

They are a modern day Looking Glass Studios.

They are incredibly imaginative and entertaining and everything they make is terrific fun.

I wonder why The Cave wasn't included in this deal.

MistahMe 05-07-2013 11:14 PM

Just bought this, insanely great games for the asking price (any!) :P Wish these were for 360 but can't beat it otherwise.

These games and others, as far as I'm aware. are IPs no one wants to purchase off THQ in it's IP auctions. Thankfully for us but very unfortunate for game devs who made some insanely good stuff.

I loved Costume Question Demo on 360, and Stacking. These are some seriously incentive/creative games and if you don't think they're worth $1.00 then you're insane!

On a side note : THESE ARE NOT STEAM GAMES LIKE PREVIOUS BUNDLES. These are direct-download links/zipz. Which is a epic fail in my opinion. Luckily those of us who got them (who donate) most likely aren't a-holes who'll pirate it anyhow!

banzaiwolfe 05-07-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MistahMe (Post 59324290)
On a side note : THESE ARE NOT STEAM GAMES LIKE PREVIOUS BUNDLES. These are direct-download links/zipz. Which is a epic fail in my opinion. Luckily those of us who got them (who donate) most likely aren't a-holes who'll pirate it anyhow!

There most certainly is a Steam key, where are you coming up with this from?

Hillman 05-08-2013 12:10 AM

Damn, I brought Psychonauts last week on the GOG.com sale (for 4.99), but as I want C.Q., I guess I am paying again.

But I understand that the GOG.com version and the Humble/steam versions are different. I know there is an unofficial patch to fix this. But is it worth the trouble to change my version/use the patch? Anyone know what is the difference?

Anyway, go buy it people!! And I will continue to dream of a Psychonauts 2 someday. Great Game.

Cheers,
Hillman

P.S. Any suggestions for other games like Psychonauts? I really like Beyond Good and Evil.

Hillman 05-08-2013 12:12 AM

There is Both Steam and DRM-Free

Quote:

Originally Posted by banzaiwolfe (Post 59324494)
There most certainly is a Steam key, where are you coming up with this from?

Yup, he is wrong. There is BOTH the Steam Key and a DRM-Free Version to download. For the THQ bundle, there was only Steam keys. This is great

Coejus 05-08-2013 12:44 AM

$1, yeah, but try to pay more if you can.

Nettozx 05-08-2013 12:54 AM

in for steam games, for game hoarding

drunken_monk 05-08-2013 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbueller (Post 59311392)

For imposing your brash subjective opinion as otherwise, you're a nincompoop.

fbueller 05-08-2013 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drunken_monk (Post 59325052)
For imposing your brash subjective opinion as otherwise, you're a nincompoop.

Nice, that was productive.

Not my brash subjective opinion, thousands of peoples'. Note the phrase 'universal acclaim'

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/psychonauts

May I suggest you purchase Duke Nukem Forever so you can go against the grain further?

bosoxdanc 05-08-2013 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbueller (Post 59325180)

Not my brash subjective opinion, thousands of peoples'. Note the phrase 'universal acclaim'

May I suggest you purchase Duke Nukem Forever so you can go against the grain further?

DNF was just fine.

prmtyme 05-08-2013 03:19 AM

i have psychonauts as well and bought 5 bundles lol

aznguyen316 05-08-2013 05:06 AM

Costume Quest for $1 is awesome, got this a couple years back on xbox around the fall. Fun little RPG and October is my favorite month.

coolzkillaz 05-08-2013 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillman (Post 59324648)
But I understand that the GOG.com version and the Humble/steam versions are different. I know there is an unofficial patch to fix this. But is it worth the trouble to change my version/use the patch? Anyone know what is the difference?

I believe the difference is graphical rendering, updated cutscenes, and achievements. I can't confirm if the Meat Circus level was rebalanced, but I saw it mentioned.
For those curious, Double Fine has pushed updates to Steam but not other retailers, like GOG. The unofficial patch can be found here [patches-scrolls.com].
The previous HB mac/linux version updates point to these updates [icculus.org] & this Bug List [icculus.org]

It's probably trivial to move your savegame and test it on Steam, assuming you bought this bundle. It doesn't appear to be anything major though, if you decide to stay with the non-patched flavor.
It may also be safe to assume that the DRM-free HB edition might have the updates rolled in too, so it might be best to deal with that than the patches/updates.

SlickDealio 05-08-2013 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbadeleon (Post 59311332)
I thoroughly enjoyed Costume Quest - especially when I played and beat it on Halloween night. Too bad I own all the games except Brutal Legend, and I'm not willing to pay the BTA for just that game.

That said, here's hoping for The Cave as a bonus game (I mean it was free for PS+).

I loved Costume Quest! It plays nicely with my wired Xbox 360 controller too. I really hope they make a sequel. The PC version of Costume Quest includes the Grubbins on Ice DLC pack for free. That's a nice bonus.

That would be awesome if The Cave was the bonus. Crossing my fingers. :)

EK100 05-08-2013 06:45 AM

The kickstarter option is driving up the average. Probably not the best way to have done this.

BenJeremy 05-08-2013 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EK100 (Post 59327236)
The kickstarter option is driving up the average. Probably not the best way to have done this.

Depends on your perspective. Of course, the final sales numbers will determine if it was worthwhile for the HumbleBundle people.

wangcho78 05-08-2013 06:53 AM

have no freaking idea what those games are but eh $1 sure~

burticus 05-08-2013 08:46 AM

I played Psychonauts a hundred years ago it seems. Brutal legend like 5 years ago on 360.

Costume quest looks like an interesting kids game.... I watched the Stacking trailer on Steam but I'm not feeling it.

Will be keeping my dollar this time around. My backlog remains stable... as of this moment anyway.

But if you are even remotely interested in any of these, a buck for all these games is a deal.

cookieman888 05-08-2013 08:53 AM

LOL; the bundle intro video itself is priceless... :D

frostbite505 05-08-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

He's just rephrasing what you wrote in a more eloquent way. Read it again :lol:

MistahMe 05-08-2013 09:31 AM

Hopefully they will make a second, but highly doubtful : http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/28...ck-from-t/

As for the zip/steam key. You are right I did get a steam key as well but I was noting that unlike previous HBs these aren't just steam.

All I can say is get this :P after realizing that they run (out of the box) w/ 360 controllers made this even better!!!

dzboy15 05-08-2013 10:02 AM

If we select give to Charity only, can we deduct the amount from our taxes? O_O

tannersarms 05-08-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MistahMe (Post 59330886)

As for the zip/steam key. You are right I did get a steam key as well but I was noting that unlike previous HBs these aren't just steam.

LOL, no, what you said was:

"THESE ARE NOT STEAM GAMES LIKE PREVIOUS BUNDLES. These are direct-download links/zipz. Which is a epic fail in my opinion."

Every bundle, with the exception of THQ and the recent "Mobile" bundle, has always offered DRM free files in addition to the Steam keys. Nothing changed.

scrapplejoe 05-08-2013 10:39 AM

costume quest and stacking for $1 is good to me (already owned bl)..

jk1joel 05-08-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dzboy15 (Post 59331784)
If we select give to Charity only, can we deduct the amount from our taxes? O_O

I'm sure your commend was tongue-in-cheek, but I'll provide a serious response anyways, for the curious.

The answer is "No". Donations that receive a benefit in return can't be deducted unless you can show the value of the benefit, and then you subtract that from the donation. That net value can be deducted. Since the retail value of these games is higher than what you're likely to donate, chances are you won't be able to deduct any of it. However, since it's pay what you want, then pay what you want for the games, then head over to the charity website(s) and make a donation directly there. Those donations will be entirely tax deductable.

MistahMe 05-08-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tannersarms (Post 59332412)
LOL, no, what you said was:

"THESE ARE NOT STEAM GAMES LIKE PREVIOUS BUNDLES. These are direct-download links/zipz. Which is a epic fail in my opinion."

Every bundle, with the exception of THQ and the recent "Mobile" bundle, has always offered DRM free files in addition to the Steam keys. Nothing changed.

Wow, way to jump down someones throat for giving an opinion?. You are mistaken, not all have been DRM free downloads including Darksiders, RF: Arma, Metro, Warhammer, and more. The Mojam was (for obvious reasons), but that's not always the case.

I do believe it is a fail. I understand why they do it but given the state of things keeping them on steam is clearly the smarter choice. But as I stated before 'most if not all' of us who actually donate wouldn't distribute anyhow.

So with that said was I wrong in my statements? It is not a steam download. It is a direct-zip download, and in my OPINION it is a fail. My bad guess I should be more literal. It is not EXCLUSIVELY a steam-dl :P

Still an insanely great deal, well worth more than a dollar!

Mxyzptlk3 05-08-2013 11:46 AM

how is BL is it worth it?

Sephoroth 05-08-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MistahMe (Post 59333678)
Wow, way to jump down someones throat for giving an opinion?. You are mistaken, not all have been DRM free downloads including Darksiders, RF: Arma, Metro, Warhammer, and more. The Mojam was (for obvious reasons), but that's not always the case.

I do believe it is a fail. I understand why they do it but given the state of things keeping them on steam is clearly the smarter choice. But as I stated before 'most if not all' of us who actually donate wouldn't distribute anyhow.

So just to be clear, you're saying it's an "epic fail" of them to offer people a DRM-free option in addition to provision of Steam keys and that more choice is bad?

Edit: Also, how is tannersarms mistaken? All of the games you listed were THQ games. Furthermore, what does "distribution" have to do with DRM?

more_rayne 05-08-2013 12:10 PM

Playing Costume Quest right now, it's so cute!

Caeruleas 05-08-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jk1joel (Post 59333502)
I'm sure your commend was tongue-in-cheek, but I'll provide a serious response anyways, for the curious.

The answer is "No". Donations that receive a benefit in return can't be deducted unless you can show the value of the benefit, and then you subtract that from the donation. That net value can be deducted. Since the retail value of these games is higher than what you're likely to donate, chances are you won't be able to deduct any of it. However, since it's pay what you want, then pay what you want for the games, then head over to the charity website(s) and make a donation directly there. Those donations will be entirely tax deductable.

Though if you're willing to throw a big enough amount up for a bit of publicity in the top-ten list (say, $1000), you'd be able to count it as one?

LukeK8608 05-08-2013 02:49 PM

dang I'm in! all 3 look like a ton of fun, unique.

Thanks!

shytface 05-08-2013 06:52 PM

Edit: nevermind found my keys, hidden button

tannersarms 05-08-2013 07:12 PM

In case anyone cares, Tim Schafer (head of Double Fine who made all these games) is doing a Reddit AMA (Ask Me Anything) at 12:30 pdt tomorrow.

drunken_monk 05-09-2013 02:48 AM

Quote:

:lol: I don't need metacritic to think for me, actual gameplay videos are better but they have viewer prereqs. Since you provided a link, 29 critic and 303 player ratings also don't equal "universal acclaim," much less the opinion of "thousands of peoples."

My point was more about bringing light to your tone and blanket usage of the word "stupid." If you considered my mirrored rebuttal as less productive than yours, problem isn't on my end.

bosoxdanc 05-11-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard43 (Post 59355026)
Nice collection for children.

If you're avoiding these because it's a nice collection for "children", you're severely missing out on great games.

bosoxdanc 05-12-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard43 (Post 59406028)
(y) I like these games.

I 'll surely get these games.

...I'm not really sure what you're trying to say.

treydoc85 05-12-2013 06:35 PM

in 4 q thanks

iamisaac 05-13-2013 01:31 PM

Is there going to be any extra games added for this? If so, do we have any idea when?

AllWhacked 05-13-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamisaac (Post 59428608)
Is there going to be any extra games added for this? If so, do we have any idea when?

Usually extras come during the start of the 2nd week of the bundle, which should be tomorrow. As for what it could be, I'm guessing it'll be either The Cave or Iron Brigade. In either case, I already own Iron Brigade and got The Cave on PS+. I haven't played Iron Bridge yet, but I'm enjoying The Cave.

tannersarms 05-13-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamisaac (Post 59428608)

Yep, tomorrow at 1pm Central. So treat this as a bump to remind people to buy now if they want the extras but don't want to BTA.

Tim Schafer has said on twitter that they can't add The Cave & Iron Brigade as they aren't the publishers, but I am sure at least one of those will be added.

Insomniac34 05-13-2013 04:39 PM

If it's not The Cave or Iron Brigade, the only other thing that really would make any sense are those prototype games that DF produced during the Amnesia Fortnight bundle last November. Can't come up with anything else that they've done for the PC.

annihilator 05-13-2013 05:58 PM

It's not Iron Brigade. MS still has the rights to that one. Schafer tweeted as much.

tannersarms 05-14-2013 11:03 AM

Well, the bonuses were added, namely a bunch of prototypes from previous "Amnesia Fortnights".

Insomniac34 05-14-2013 11:09 AM

Expected, but disappointing nonetheless. Guess I'll be waiting a little longer for a cheap copy of The Cave.

Sephoroth 05-14-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tannersarms (Post 59447846)
Well, the bonuses were added, namely a bunch of prototypes from previous "Amnesia Fortnights".

Along with the video documenting their production.

xxxHolic 05-14-2013 12:51 PM

I'm seeing Prototype Steam Key.
Is this?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/10150/

bosoxdanc 05-16-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxxHolic (Post 59450760)
I'm seeing Prototype Steam Key.
Is this?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/10150/

No, it's not. It's a Steam key for:

Happy Song Prototype
Costume Quest Prototype
Spacebase DF-9 Prototype
The White Birch Prototype
Black Lake Prototype
Hack n Slash Prototype
Autonomous Prototype

-Dan

xxxHolic 05-16-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bosoxdanc (Post 59499910)
No, it's not. It's a Steam key for:

Happy Song Prototype
Costume Quest Prototype
Spacebase DF-9 Prototype
The White Birch Prototype
Black Lake Prototype
Hack n Slash Prototype
Autonomous Prototype

-Dan

I don't see them on Steam?

bosoxdanc 05-16-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxxHolic (Post 59499942)

That's odd, because I definitely see mine. I already owned these from a previous HB, but when I tried to redeem the one I got from this one, it said I owned them already, but that's all the games listed when it asked me if I wanted to install them. I'd recommend trying to redeem your code again.

wangcho78 05-16-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxxHolic (Post 59499942)

Don't bother... these games doesn't have fancy game cover..it's just blank.. it's a sore eyes to look at when I view the entire 70 game covers... wish I knew before.

bosoxdanc 05-16-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wangcho78 (Post 59500708)
Don't bother... these games doesn't have fancy game cover..it's just blank.. it's a sore eyes to look at when I view the entire 70 game covers... wish I knew before.

You really wouldn't redeem a game on Steam because it doesn't have cover art?

wangcho78 05-17-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bosoxdanc (Post 59502162)
You really wouldn't redeem a game on Steam because it doesn't have cover art?

Yes. You don't understand the addiction of backlog gamers like myself who loves to see all cover art games that I haven't played yet.

bosoxdanc 05-17-2013 01:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by wangcho78 (Post 59514880)
Yes. You don't understand the addiction of backlog gamers like myself who loves to see all cover art games that I haven't played yet.

I think you might be mistaken, lol. I usually view in "Games Details" mode, but still, my backlog is huge...

xWarMECHx 05-17-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bosoxdanc (Post 59523400)
I think you might be mistaken, lol. I usually view in "Games Details" mode, but still, my backlog is huge...

Holy muther.... gosh now I feel much more comfortable with my comparatively puny backlog.

bosoxdanc 05-17-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xWarMECHx (Post 59523678)
Holy muther.... gosh now I feel much more comfortable with my comparatively puny backlog.

Haha, I have a problem, I think. I buy just about every Indie bundle that I see available...

I know there's plenty of people on here with much bigger backlogs than me if they'd just redeem their keys. A lot of them keep them for trading later on, or redeem when they know they'll play them. I just kinda redeem them as soon as I get them, and save extras in a Word doc.

How big is your backlog? I'm well over 700 games if I include my PS3, PSN, Xbox, and XBL.

xWarMECHx 05-17-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bosoxdanc (Post 59523820)

How big is your backlog? I'm well over 700 games if I include my PS3, PSN, Xbox, and XBL.

Please don't make me open up my gaming ottoman that's filled with brand new sealed games. Out of sight, out of mind.

bosoxdanc 05-17-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xWarMECHx (Post 59523918)
Please don't make me open up my gaming ottoman that's filled with brand new sealed games. Out of sight, out of mind.

Haha, I have a giant stack right here of unopened ones. :D

Jrusty 05-17-2013 05:54 PM

Awesome thanks so much.

tannersarms 05-21-2013 01:46 PM

Bump for last 15 minutes to purchase!

Masejoer 05-21-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tannersarms (Post 59594372)
Bump for last 15 minutes to purchase!

+ 1 hour

tannersarms 05-21-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masejoer (Post 59594724)
+ 1 hour

Oh yeah, well spotted!

Masejoer 05-21-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tannersarms (Post 59595276)
Oh yeah, well spotted!

Yeah, I already got mine. I forgot I had purchased it and actually bought a second time a couple days ago, only noticing when I tried to activate it on steam. The second time was for much less as apparently my mindset changed to "I don't think I'll ever play these, but may as well donate a little anyway".