Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Sharp LC-70LE657u 70" Dual Core Smart 3D LED HDTV 2013 Model @ Costco B & M $1850 (http://slickdeals.net/f/6013718-sharp-lc-70le657u-70-dual-core-smart-3d-led-hdtv-2013-model-costco-b-m-1850)

Highagain420 05-07-2013 01:46 PM

Sharp LC-70LE657u 70" Dual Core Smart 3D LED HDTV 2013 Model @ Costco B & M $1850
 
Just went to Costco and saw this TV for $1899-$50 instant savings. Pretty sure the same goes for other locations if available since it is the new model and introductory sales price.

rotogrip300 05-07-2013 01:48 PM

This was $1800 the other day at Sears and they have 10% shopdiscover, throw in FW 5% and you got yourself $255 off from there.

Highagain420 05-07-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rotogrip300 (Post 59315130)
This was $1800 the other day at Sears and they have 10% shopdiscover, throw in FW 5% and you got yourself $255 off from there.

:confused: I think the one from Sears is a different model. Doesn't have 3D.

http://www.sears.com/sharp-70inch...2411&aff=Y

GaGaGeGe 05-07-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highagain420 (Post 59315616)
:confused: I think the one from Sears is a different model. Doesn't have 3D.

http://www.sears.com/sharp-70inch...2411&aff=Y

LC-70LE650 is not a 3D model at all. You have either seen a different model at costo or you are mistaken.

Hellion 05-07-2013 02:15 PM

When this bad boy goes on sale Might just be tempted........

Highagain420 05-07-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaghuM (Post 59315702)
LC-70LE650 is not a 3D model at all. You have either seen a different model at costo or you are mistaken.

My mistake it was model LC70LE657u which is 3D and the price that I mentioned which is almost as cheap as the 2013 non 3D model.

bluetrep 05-07-2013 03:06 PM

link for 657u 3D?

Highagain420 05-07-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluetrep (Post 59316726)
link for 657u 3D?

http://www.sharpusa.com/AboutShar...lLine.aspx

MSRP $2799

jonesle7 05-07-2013 03:49 PM

Wait...can you use both Shop discover for 10% off and Fatwallet cash back for 5% off for the same purchase?

Highagain420 05-07-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonesle7 (Post 59317422)
Wait...can you use both Shop discover for 10% off and Fatwallet cash back for 5% off for the same purchase?

:confused:

jonesle7 05-07-2013 03:59 PM

I don't understand how you use both the Shop Discover portal and the Fatwallet cash back portal for the same purchase.

Do you have to even use the Shopdiscover portal to get Discover's bonus cash back or do you get it automatically for using your Discover card for an eligible online purchase?

Also, these questions pertain to Sears. I recently purchased a tv and did not know I could use both cash back's from Discover and Fatwallet so I would like to understand how to do the purchase.

bowlopho 05-07-2013 04:18 PM

has anyone been able to confirm this? Just want to make sure since the op originally posted a different model number

gobundy 05-07-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonesle7 (Post 59317422)
Wait...can you use both Shop discover for 10% off and Fatwallet cash back for 5% off for the same purchase?

I never get CB from Sears using Disco. Always get it using TD, Walmart, Lowes, HD, Rakuten, Staples and all other stores. I have never received CB from KSmears in the last 4 years. So don't count on it.

Highagain420 05-07-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowlopho (Post 59318006)
has anyone been able to confirm this? Just want to make sure since the op originally posted a different model number

I will take a picture if I go back to Costco soon. I copied the model straight from the price displayed under the TV and read it on the box which also listed the features from the LC-70657u. Didn't even see the Sears non 3D one available at Costco. I just copied the wrong model number after looking up the whole series description online. Seriously debating whether to purchase it. I originally bought a Vizio 70" non 3D LED tv from Sams for $1549. Returned it since I wasn't satisfied with the PQ and the lack of 3D. Then I picked up a 55" Samsung ES6900 for $1199.99 from Best Buy but after replacing the Vizio 70" it seems really small but the PQ is great. Would the Sharp $700+ price difference be worth the 15" size difference? Will the PQ be more comparable to the Vizio or the Sammy? Any feed back is much appreciated

bluetrep 05-07-2013 04:41 PM

huge difference between 55 and 70. once you get used to your new Tv, your only complain is "damn, I should buy a bigger size". lol

regarding to PQ, I always prefer SHARP since it makes the best and most advanced LCD panel in the world. I have a 60" 8 serial 2012 model SHARP and I am very happy with it. I know the overall performance and quality of SHARP is not as good as SONY (damn expensive) . and I read many bad reviews about the SHARP customer service but I believe it is YMMV. Costco has the best return policy and 2 years warranty, so, worth a try. good luck.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Highagain420 (Post 59318308)
I will take a picture if I go back to Costco soon. I copied the model straight from the price displayed under the TV and read it on the box which also listed the features from the LC-70657u. Didn't even see the Sears non 3D one available at Costco. I just copied the wrong model number after looking up the whole series description online. Seriously debating whether to purchase it. I originally bought a Vizio 70" non 3D LED tv from Sams for $1549. Returned it since I wasn't satisfied with the PQ and the lack of 3D. Then I picked up a 55" Samsung ES6900 for $1199.99 from Best Buy but after replacing the Vizio 70" it seems really small but the PQ is great. Would the Sharp $700+ price difference be worth the 15" size difference? Will the PQ be more comparable to the Vizio or the Sammy? Any feed back is much appreciated


Highagain420 05-07-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluetrep (Post 59318458)
huge difference between 55 and 70. once you get used to your new Tv, your only complain is "damn, I should buy a bigger size". lol

regarding to PQ, I always prefer SHARP since it makes the best and most advanced LCD panel in the world. I have a 60" 8 serial 2012 model SHARP and I am very happy with it. I know the overall performance and quality of SHARP is not as good as SONY (damn expensive) . and I read many bad reviews about the SHARP customer service but I believe it is YMMV. Costco has the best return policy and 2 years warranty, so, worth a try. good luck.

That is how I initially felt after getting the 55" setup. Eyes were already spoiled with the size of the 70" screen and the 55" seemed small. I had regrets but taking into consideration that I paid $400 less for a better quality Samsung with 3D I have been pretty content with it after owning it for a few weeks and a bit of getting used to. But after seeing the Sharp it seems like having the best of both worlds for $650 more. Really considering going with the Sharp especially with the included 2 year warranty and great return policy from Costco. If I do buy it I will hold on to the Samsung until I know for sure that the size of the Sharp is worth the price difference. Thanks for the feedback! I will definitely update when I go back to Costcos.

richman 05-07-2013 05:51 PM

Once you start getting into the big screen sizes you might also want to check 1080p 3d PJ's. Just a suggestion, since as some of you guys have found, once you get used to bigger sizes screen sizes, it's hard to go back to the small sizes ( 70 inchs for me is tiny). Just saying. :)

Highagain420 05-07-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richman (Post 59319698)
Once you start getting into the big screen sizes you might also want to check 1080p 3d PJ's. Just a suggestion, since as some of you guys have found, once you get used to bigger sizes screen sizes, it's hard to go back to the small sizes ( 70 inchs for me is tiny). Just saying. :)

I was originally using a Optoma 750E short throw projector on the wall where I have the TV now. It was only 720p but the size of the picture was what originally got me into big screens. The only thing was the heat from the projector was so hot that I could barely feel the central a/c in the bedroom that it was in and the temps were not optimal for my indoor plants that I have growing in a tent in the same room. Seen that the prices on 70" TVs dropped to $1549, I decided to try the Vizio 70" which was the beginning of my search for a TV . I recently sold my GT750E but am still currently using a Optoma Ml500 LED projector in my living room. Was thinking with a LED projector I could use it 24/7 and not worry about bulb replacement. But after seeing how dim it can be compared to a standard bulb projector, and seeing prices on 1080p projectors drop, and taking into consideration how many hours I actually put on the projector a day. I am thinking about upgrading to a 1080p 3D projector like the BenQ W1070 until the price of 1080P LED projectors drop and become brighter. 70" did seem small but the brightness of the LED TV and the less heat that it produced seemed more ideal for my situation. Totally agree with once you are exposed to the big screen size its hard to go back. Especially with watching HD movies, sports and video gaming.

authenticny 05-07-2013 06:26 PM

i just bought the 70inch 847U about 2 months ago for 2100 and now I'm wanting an 80 inch:(

theman2 05-07-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highagain420 (Post 59320134)
I was originally using a Optoma 750E short throw projector on the wall where I have the TV now. It was only 720p but the size of the picture was what originally got me into big screens. The only thing was the heat from the projector was so hot that I could barely feel the central a/c in the bedroom that it was in and the temps were not optimal for my indoor plants that I have growing in a tent in the same room. Seen that the prices on 70" TVs dropped to $1549, I decided to try the Vizio 70" which was the beginning of my search a TV . I recently sold my GT750E but am still currently using a Optoma Ml500 LED projector in my living room. Was thinking with a LED projector I could use it 24/7 and not worry about bulb replacement. But after seeing how dim it can be compared to a standard bulb projector, the prices on 1080p projectors drop, and taking into consideration how many hours I actually put on the projector a day. I am thinking about upgrading to a 1080p projector like the BenQ W1070 until the price of 1080P LED TVprojectors drop. 70" did seem small but the brightness of the LED and the less heat made it seem more ideal for my situation. Totally agree with once you are exposed to the big screen size its hard to go back. Especially with watching HD movies, sports and video gaming.

lol! keep it on the dl so you don't get ripped off...

Highagain420 05-07-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by authenticny (Post 59320248)
i just bought the 70inch 847U about 2 months ago for 2100 and now I'm wanting an 80 inch:(

Saw the 80" for around $3900 at Costcos. Saw the 90" listed at Best Buy for $8999.

Quote:

Originally Posted by theman2 (Post 59320274)
lol! keep it on the dl so you don't get ripped off...

Its all good. They recently decriminalized it here and its not like I am posting where I reside. And since when has it been illegal to grow oregano? :lol:

richman 05-07-2013 06:49 PM

Once you are thinking big, big screen, really check out Projectors. :)
For 500-1000 dollars you can SUPER SIZE your setup with a GOOD 3D PJ and make these 70 inch hdtv's look like little boys toys. :)
Bigger is better on some things.
I'm not trying to thread crap on you guys but really 2,000 dollars for 70 inch hdtv is kinda high, right?

Highagain420 05-07-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richman (Post 59320616)
Once you are thinking big, big screen, really check out Projectors. :)
For 500-1000 dollars you can SUPER SIZE your setup with a GOOD 3D PJ and make these 70 inch hdtv's look like little boys toys. :)
Bigger is better on some things.
I'm not trying to thread crap on you guys but really 2,000 dollars for 70 inch hdtv is kinda high, right?

For my situation it is ideal. When 70" tvs were selling for $4K plus it was a little too rich for my blood. But for less than $2k, less heat, flexibility to move it and not be confined to blasting it on a wall and ability to view the TV without controlled lighting it works well. With a projector you need to have enough available space between the projector and the screen which is why I originally went with the GT750E short throw projector. If it wasn't for the heat, lack of 1080p and the 4000 hour bulb life, I probably would have kept using it until prices come down even more.

Slimeyface 05-07-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theman2 (Post 59320274)
lol! keep it on the dl so you don't get ripped off...


My thoughts exactly...:lol:

geocacher99 05-07-2013 07:23 PM

so this is a sharp TV? OP, might want to update the thread title. I thought for a minute this was for a no name brand TV.

I'm waiting for 4k projectors and content to become more mainstream (and to move into a new house!)

Nice TV. I'm tempted!!!

azoiic 05-07-2013 07:24 PM

I want quad core though..

SSEiYah 05-07-2013 07:29 PM

Whenever I see a 70" TV deal, i think of this:

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/...dvd111.jpg

turkletont 05-07-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highagain420 (Post 59317108)

I think that "2800" MSRP price they announce is bullcrap.

This opened for $1950 @costco. $1,850 is $100 off.. still a good price for sure though. Sears had the non 3d model for $1700.. this is easily worth a $150 more imo.

bowlopho 05-07-2013 08:15 PM

So I checked it out

Lc70c6500u was on sale for 1899.

The le60lc657 was 1199-50 rebate

Highagain420 05-07-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowlopho (Post 59322108)
So I checked it out

Lc70c6500u was on sale for 1899.

The le60lc657 was 1199-50 rebate

Was not referring to the Lc70c6500. Guess they only have the 60" model @ your store.

smcampbe 05-07-2013 09:22 PM

What is so great about their return policy? Costco only has a 90 day return policy for TV's.

"We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell with a full refund. The following must be returned within 90 days of purchase for a refund: televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, touch screen tablets, MP3 players and cellular phones."
http://www.costco.com/returns-rep...funds.html

bowlopho 05-07-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highagain420 (Post 59322992)
Was not referring to the Lc70c6500. Guess they only have the 60" model @ your store.

that could be the possiblity.


lc70c6500u is not 3d
lc70le657u is 3d

both are smart tv with dual core processor
120hz refresh rate
4hdmi

and apparently the cost is exactly the same

caycarem 05-07-2013 10:31 PM

review here http://reviews.lcdtvbuyingguide.c...e657u.html

Friend of Sonic 05-07-2013 10:46 PM

I think I saw this at my Costco, display model for 1899- $250. It didn't seem like it was worth it though, only a little more than 10% off.

bgammill 05-07-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by authenticny (Post 59320248)
i just bought the 70inch 847U about 2 months ago for 2100 and now I'm wanting an 80 inch:(

I bought an 80 inch and now I am wanting a 90 inch...So it goes.

easymonies 05-07-2013 11:13 PM

What is the passmark score of the "dual core" ??

z9z91 05-07-2013 11:23 PM

Dual core TV is too slow. I need a quad or hexa-core TV. :eek:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgammill (Post 59324200)
I bought an 80 inch and now I am wanting a 90 inch...So it goes.

That's too big to be useful. All I need is a 10 inch. :eek:

dQn 05-22-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by authenticny (Post 59320248)
i just bought the 70inch 847U about 2 months ago for 2100 and now I'm wanting an 80 inch:(

where did u get that deal?

authenticny 05-22-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dQn (Post 59624410)
where did u get that deal?

highly doubt if its able to be replicated, ABCwarehouse with PM.

Seppatown 05-22-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSEiYah (Post 59321436)
Whenever I see a 70" TV deal, i think of this:

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/...dvd111.jpg

LOLed when I opened up the picture. For those who haven't seen it, Idiocracy is quite the hidden gem.

BillA1140 05-24-2013 02:17 PM

LC-70LE657U is Awesome
 
I just bought a LC-70LE657U at Costco for $1850.

Brought back a LC-70E6400 after 84 days, the LE657U is superior in every way.

10 times the Apps … with 10 times the speed, Web browser controllable with my bluetooth keyboard, iPhone app to replace the remote control, the list goes on and on.
Love the HD Skype and Netflix SuperHD.

Picture is clearly better than last years model, 3D is a bonus. (Comes with 2 pairs of bluetooth glasses)
Less edge bleed, deeper blacks, sharper picture.

You be hard pressed to find a better price to value in a 2013 HDTV.

knockout 05-27-2013 02:36 AM

Can someone tell me the model number of the 3d active glasses that come with this unit?

BillA1140 05-30-2013 02:44 AM

Sharp HE AN3DG40 Active 3D Bluetooth Glasses

gk6792 07-16-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillA1140 (Post 59667256)
I just bought a LC-70LE657U at Costco for $1850.

Brought back a LC-70E6400 after 84 days, the LE657U is superior in every way.

10 times the Apps … with 10 times the speed, Web browser controllable with my bluetooth keyboard, iPhone app to replace the remote control, the list goes on and on.
Love the HD Skype and Netflix SuperHD.

Picture is clearly better than last years model, 3D is a bonus. (Comes with 2 pairs of bluetooth glasses)
Less edge bleed, deeper blacks, sharper picture.

You be hard pressed to find a better price to value in a 2013 HDTV.

what is the iphone app? i have not been able to find one...


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:45 AM.


1999-2014