Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   AAFES (Military Only) Olympus E-PM1 12.3MP Camera w/ 14-42mm Zoom Lens $198 TODAY! (http://slickdeals.net/f/6023696-aafes-military-only-olympus-e-pm1-12-3mp-camera-w-14-42mm-zoom-lens-198-today)

xmed 05-12-2013 07:50 AM

AAFES (Military Only) Olympus E-PM1 12.3MP Camera w/ 14-42mm Zoom Lens $198 TODAY!
 
1 Attachment(s)
Olympus E-PM1 12.3MP Digital Camera w/ 14-42mm Zoom Lens in Special Patriot Pack
Was $299.95 Now $197.97 [aafes.com]



Special Patriot Kit Includes: 4 Gig SD Card, Casual Case and a QUICKPRO Instructional DVD, a $90 value. The smallest and lightest PEN is available in six stylish colors – purple, pink, brown, white, silver and black – and features a new and simplified user interface as well as a streamlined button structure for superior ease-of-use. Its small size and portability make it the ideal camera to document life’s fun and spontaneous moments
Model: C596C2
  • Fast AF System
  • 3.0" LCD Screen, 460K dots
  • New TruePic VI with
  • Fine Detail Processing
  • Full 1080 60i HD Movie
  • Fast Shutter Response
  • In-Body Image Stabilization
  • Port for Multiple Types of Accessories
  • Fully Expandable System
  • Six In-Camera Art Filters
  • Multiple Exposure Shooting
  • Multiple Aspect Ratios
  • Advanced Shadow Adjustment Technology
  • Wireless Compatibility
  • Face Detection with Eye Detect AF
  • Live View Magnification
  • IAuto with Ienhance
  • EPortrait
  • Live Guide in Stills and Videos
  • Live Control
  • 23 Scene Select Modes
Includes:
  • Li-ion Rechargeable Battery (BLM-1) Included
  • PEN E-PM1 Body
  • mZuiko MSC Digital ED m14-42mm f3.5-5.6 lens
  • 4 Gig SD Card
  • Casual Case
  • QUICKPRO Instructional DVD
  • USB/Video Multi cable
  • BLS-1 Lithium-Ion battery
  • BCS-1 Lithium-Ion battery charger

nutsaboutgolf 05-12-2013 08:41 AM

Got any codes that work?

swooshrc 05-12-2013 11:30 AM

"x2177vip" drops price down to 178.17

nutsaboutgolf 05-12-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swooshrc (Post 59409650)
"x2177vip" drops price down to 178.17

Thank you, I ordered one...Mulled other ordering another and it would accept the coupon a second time although I didn't check out but it looks like it's not a single per account use.

sggrant323 05-12-2013 12:07 PM

Very tempted to grab this.

Also, it can be had on ebay for around $200 for those who don't have an aafes account.

cgigate 05-12-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmed (Post 59406514)
Olympus E-PM1 12.3MP Digital Camera w/ 14-42mm Zoom Lens in Special Patriot Pack
Was $299.95 Now $197.97



[LEFT]Special Patriot Kit Includes: 4 Gig SD Card, Casual Case and a QUICKPRO Instructional DVD, a $90 value. The smallest and lightest PEN is available in six stylish colors – purple, pink, brown, white, silver and black – and features a new and simplified user interface as well as a streamlined button structure for superior ease-of-use. Its small size and portability make it the ideal camera to document life’s fun and spontaneous moments
[/LIST]

frys is selling everyday $199 B&M store since 1 or 2 months ago, http://m.slickdeals.net/f/5951024
no need to be dumb military thing

kapkaniMD 05-12-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgigate (Post 59410582)
frys is selling everyday $199 B&M store since 1 or 2 months ago, http://m.slickdeals.net/f/5951024
no need to be dumb military thing

site shows $499... and can't be ordered online.. no need to be dumb... :rolleyes: B&M at FRYs means noting to people that don't have one local and there is not tax at AAFES + it's $178 with coupon

myka316 05-12-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgigate (Post 59410582)
frys is selling everyday $199 B&M store since 1 or 2 months ago, http://m.slickdeals.net/f/5951024
no need to be dumb military thing


Because it was a sale on AAFES it's a "dumb military thing?"

cgigate 05-12-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myka316 (Post 59411006)
Because it was a sale on AAFES it's a "dumb military thing?"

yes, exactly

cgigate 05-12-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapkaniMD (Post 59410878)
site shows $499... and can't be ordered online.. no need to be dumb... :rolleyes: B&M at FRYs means noting to people that don't have one local and there is not tax at AAFES + it's $178 with coupon

was online too, if you was out of luck, but remain B&M deal , if you still not get it then you are out of luck completely .
not all people can do military things

myka316 05-12-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgigate (Post 59411140)
yes, exactly

Well then, I'm glad you don't have access to AAFES.

Also, your link was a fail of an attempt to bash something you're jealous of. :)

cgigate 05-12-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myka316 (Post 59411176)
Well then, I'm glad you don't have access to AAFES.

Also, your link was a fail of an attempt to bash something you're jealous of. :)

i am not jealous , i hate criminal killer.
i am peace lover.

MTwallet 05-12-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgigate (Post 59411202)
i am not jealous , i hate criminal killer.
i am peace lover.

can you please leave this crap out of a deal thread. thnx

myka316 05-12-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgigate (Post 59411202)
i am not jealous , i hate criminal killer.
i am peace lover.

Hahaha! I won't even go there, because it's too easy. Might I suggest you set up a deal notification for Rosetta Stone English Edition though? It'll help your trolling attempts in the future.

But to remain on topic, I picked one up for my GF. Thanks OP.

Backhome77 05-12-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgigate (Post 59411202)
i am not jealous , i hate criminal killer.
i am peace lover.

What's wrong with you? You can't even keep politics out of a deal site? You must be a blast at parties.

cgigate 05-12-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backhome77 (Post 59411966)
What's wrong with you? You can't even keep politics out of a deal site? You must be a blast at parties.

What is your problem to bash the "peace lover" ?
it has nothing about polities.
the deal itself is somehow discrimination for specific group of people,
it should not be posted in public place at all

xmed 05-12-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backhome77 (Post 59411966)
What's wrong with you? You can't even keep politics out of a deal site? You must be a blast at parties.


I posted this because it looked like a pretty good deal on a nice camera.
Glad a couple of folks were able to get it.


Didn't intend to start a pissing contest between military folks and non.
When SDers see AAFES in the subject as seller, it is military only.


Happy Mothers Day.

kiwijaws 05-12-2013 03:02 PM

if you get really lucky check your local target these were on clearance a couple of weeks ago I picked up one for $90
http://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=59038354&postcount=25

Slayer0017 05-12-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgigate (Post 59411164)
was online too, if you was out of luck, but remain B&M deal , if you still not get it then you are out of luck completely .
not all people can do military things

LOL not all people can do B&M things or regional things. Quit being a sour puss about a deal you cant get. Dont be the type that's jealous he isnt married to a supermodel either. Don't be THAT guy...

kiwijaws 05-12-2013 03:32 PM

for those interested in a bag picked up this from amazon its a tight fit but it does the job
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/...UTF8&psc=1
by the way appreciate you military guys thanks for your service and happy mothers day to all the mums :)

elBradford 05-12-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgigate (Post 59412108)
What is your problem to bash the "peace lover" ?
it has nothing about polities.
the deal itself is somehow discrimination for specific group of people,
it should not be posted in public place at all


I wondered what the purpose of an "ignore user" option on Slickdeals was for... Thanks to cgigate for revealing the purpose of that option, and I won't miss out on anything since he doesn't really contribute anything. Rosetta Stone would do you some good. Bye :) :wave:

nrodgsxr 05-12-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgigate (Post 59411202)
i am not jealous , i hate criminal killer.
i am peace lover.

look everyone.. its another badass internet thug that's not afraid to talk trash hiding behind a computer

dbpaddler 05-12-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgigate (Post 59411164)
was online too, if you was out of luck, but remain B&M deal , if you still not get it then you are out of luck completely .
not all people can do military things

Not all people can do military things when their grasp of the English language would have them fail the ASVAB test. :shake:

junglej10 05-12-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgigate (Post 59411140)
yes, exactly

You're Welcome.
-From guys like me that fight to support our values (including free speech).

BostonGirl 05-12-2013 06:55 PM

Let's keep it about the deal please. Thank You :)

Nickeyno 05-12-2013 07:28 PM

thank you & repped

pisspot4 05-12-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junglej10 (Post 59414242)
You're Welcome.
-From guys like me that fight to support our values (including free speech).

Fighting wars in foreign countries that do not want anything to do with us? That protects which one of our values? Losing American lives in a conflict we should never be involved in? Wasting money on countries because of their access to oil rights? Just so some idiot can pay under four dollars for his '88 Bronco that gets 8 mpg. My freedoms are slowly going by the wayside. I just watch as we have conflicts in foreign countries, lose young American lives, blow tons of tax dollars on pointless battles, and give butt loads of my tax dollars to countries that don't want it and then use it against our soldiers that shouldn't be there in the first place. All while politicians sit there and waste their time arguing and more of my money while abusing the power they are given. I am not anti American, but I sure think what ever it is you fight for is not the right thing to fight for.

sggrant323 05-12-2013 11:44 PM

People like cgigate are the reason I was there was a way to downvote people's rep points. How this guy has managed to get 350 rep points is baffling.

Disturbed_One 05-13-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pisspot4 (Post 59416628)
Fighting wars in foreign countries that do not want anything to do with us? That protects which one of our values? Losing American lives in a conflict we should never be involved in? Wasting money on countries because of their access to oil rights? Just so some idiot can pay under four dollars for his '88 Bronco that gets 8 mpg. My freedoms are slowly going by the wayside. I just watch as we have conflicts in foreign countries, lose young American lives, blow tons of tax dollars on pointless battles, and give butt loads of my tax dollars to countries that don't want it and then use it against our soldiers that shouldn't be there in the first place. All while politicians sit there and waste their time arguing and more of my money while abusing the power they are given. I am not anti American, but I sure think what ever it is you fight for is not the right thing to fight for.

A few things to point out.
We don't have free reign on their oil, or we'd be paying pennies on the dollar.
These people signed on the dotted line to serve (and get paid) we're not drafting them.
If you joined post 9/11, prepare to be sent overseas, it's the common way now.

It really does come down to the lame ass politics though.
It's not the military thats the problem.

Disturbed_One 05-13-2013 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgigate (Post 59412108)
What is your problem to bash the "peace lover" ?
it has nothing about polities.
the deal itself is somehow discrimination for specific group of people,
it should not be posted in public place at all

Lol seriously?
The dumbest post I've read all week.

So no club based posts anymore.
No region specific posts anymore.
And if I don't have a store in my town, don't post it.

:lol:

only1booda 05-13-2013 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgigate (Post 59411202)
i am not jealous , i hate criminal killer.
i am peace lover.





A HATER and a THREADCRAPPER


Ignored.....so be it.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

jkhamlin 05-13-2013 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pisspot4 (Post 59416628)
Fighting wars in foreign countries that do not want anything to do with us? That protects which one of our values? Losing American lives in a conflict we should never be involved in? Wasting money on countries because of their access to oil rights? Just so some idiot can pay under four dollars for his '88 Bronco that gets 8 mpg. My freedoms are slowly going by the wayside. I just watch as we have conflicts in foreign countries, lose young American lives, blow tons of tax dollars on pointless battles, and give butt loads of my tax dollars to countries that don't want it and then use it against our soldiers that shouldn't be there in the first place. All while politicians sit there and waste their time arguing and more of my money while abusing the power they are given. I am not anti American, but I sure think what ever it is you fight for is not the right thing to fight for.
:crying2::crying2::crying2::crying2::crying2::crying2::crying2::crying2::crying2:

All your OPINION. None of it based on fact.

BTW, opinions that are contrary to facts are called "delusions." :wink5:
Now put down the Kool Aid and move on to a deal you can take advantage of.

hanno 05-13-2013 05:26 AM

Thanks xmed

Slimwallet 05-13-2013 05:55 AM

Time to time AAFES have some great sale items.
Bought alienware m17x r3 32% off free ship no tax(sold for same price after 1 year of use).
Nexus 7 16gb $212 shipped when it was $250+tax+ship and sold out.
Love their 12% coupon that can be used on Office Depot store.

Did 6 years in military with 2 tours. Got out last year and I think they forgot to disable my account.
BTW I used PX/AAFES only when they had sale or to price match. Price is way way overpriced compare to Wally world.

anewdayrising79 05-13-2013 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgigate (Post 59412108)
What is your problem to bash the "peace lover" ?
it has nothing about polities.
the deal itself is somehow discrimination for specific group of people,
it should not be posted in public place at all

Discrimination in favor of those who served their country is the best kind, friend!

I don't think I'll be jumping on this deal, but I TU and repped regardless. Thank you, OP.

fyu 05-13-2013 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slimwallet (Post 59418966)
Time to time AAFES have some great sale items.
Bought alienware m17x r3 32% off free ship no tax(sold for same price after 1 year of use).
Nexus 4 16gb $212 shipped when it was $250+tax+ship and sold out.
Love their 12% coupon that can be used on Office Depot store.

Did 6 years in military with 2 tours. Got out last year and I think they forgot to disable my account.
BTW I used PX/AAFES only when they had sale or to price match. Price is way way overpriced compare to Wally world.

aren't you a member for life as long as you've served?

nutsaboutgolf 05-13-2013 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fyu (Post 59419158)
aren't you a member for life as long as you've served?

Yes; online only. If you are 100% disabled you get B&M access as well.

meddle99 05-13-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fyu (Post 59419158)
aren't you a member for life as long as you've served?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nutsaboutgolf (Post 59419196)
Yes; online only. If you are 100% disabled you get B&M access as well.

Not correct. From the site--
The Catalog and Exchange Online Store are for the exclusive use of authorized Exchange customers throughout the world. This includes:
Active Duty Military
Retirees (including medical)
Reserves
National Guard personnel
US Civilian DoD employees, when stationed outside of the US
Department of State Officials serving in foreign countries
and dependents of the above

Except for these rare sales nearly every store off base has better prices and service and the tax savings does not make up the difference. They do price match but it is hit or miss because I have found the model numbers on the boxes are often different, if only the last letter is changed (I have found this at other stores too). Gas and alcohol used to be a really good deal, but I usually can get both cheaper off base. I have pretty much given up on AAFES and rarely go.

junoj 05-13-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pisspot4 (Post 59416628)
. . . . Losing American lives in a conflict we should never be involved in? . . . .I am not anti American, but I sure think what ever it is you fight for is not the right thing to fight for.

Dude, you are barking at the wrong tree. People like you is the reason all this is possible, out of focus, all over the place with blame, ranting like an insane agendaless sheep.

The military is just another pawn, so are the people like you :shake:, so are the politicians.

When everyone starts talking about special interest groups only then we will have a chance to win this one, otherwise we are all divided and concerted, like a herd:hide:

nutsaboutgolf 05-13-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meddle99 (Post 59421354)
Not correct. From the site--
The Catalog and Exchange Online Store are for the exclusive use of authorized Exchange customers throughout the world. This includes:
Active Duty Military
Retirees (including medical)
Reserves
National Guard personnel
US Civilian DoD employees, when stationed outside of the US
Department of State Officials serving in foreign countries
and dependents of the above

Except for these rare sales nearly every store off base has better prices and service and the tax savings does not make up the difference. They do price match but it is hit or miss because I have found the model numbers on the boxes are often different, if only the last letter is changed (I have found this at other stores too). Gas and alcohol used to be a really good deal, but I usually can get both cheaper off base. I have pretty much given up on AAFES and rarely go.

As long as you sign up when your authorized, if you become "unauthorized" aafes won't deactivate your account. I agree that the deals are very few and far between.

pisspot4 05-13-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junoj (Post 59421692)
Dude, you are barking at the wrong tree. People like you is the reason all this is possible, out of focus, all over the place with blame, ranting like an insane agendaless sheep.

The military is just another pawn, so are the people like you :shake:, so are the politicians.

When everyone starts talking about special interest groups only then we will have a chance to win this one, otherwise we are all divided and concerted, like a herd:hide:

Wow, what did you do? Just finish a sociology and political science class? You sound like a college freshman. Please, try a little harder in your writing classes.

LuncheonMeat 05-13-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pisspot4 (Post 59429920)
Wow, what did you do? Just finish a sociology and political science class? You sound like a college freshman. Please, try a little harder in your writing classes.

You're a fascist, dude!!! :nod:

junoj 05-14-2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pisspot4 (Post 59429920)
Wow, what did you do? Just finish a sociology and political science class? You sound like a college freshman. Please, try a little harder in your writing classes.

Look, this is not the correct platform for you to share your opinion on politics (considering the OP post had absolutely nothing to do with politics in the first place). This is a place where people look for slickdeals, and frankly people do not care or what to hear your rant about your political view. If you really have a need to rant about your opinion I am sure you can find many other suitable forums that will accommodate you motives.

On a personal note I totally agree with you that the system is not perfect however pointing a finger towards the military is like pointing a finger at an obedient dog that did something bad by just taking orders from its master.

If only you would have attended school in the first place, you would have learned the fundamentals of economist and government in your freshmen year, and would not have the craving to mindlessly spread your ignorant outburst into a forum that is set up for people who are just looking for slick deals so that they can squander their hard earned money.

So please, Pissport I beg you, stop with the rant and let us all enjoy what this forum has to give without crapping into it for everyone.

Thank you very much :hug:.

jasonh328 05-17-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgigate (Post 59411164)
was online too, if you was out of luck, but remain B&M deal , if you still not get it then you are out of luck completely .
not all people can do military things

Like grammar, apparently.

LuncheonMeat 05-17-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonh328 (Post 59530212)
Like grammar, apparently.

Yep. Please keep bumping this thread so everyone knows what a knob cgigate is...

LuncheonMeat 06-27-2013 11:18 AM

Deal is still alive for all of you "dumb military things".


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:49 PM.


1999-2014