Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Amazon - Angel Eyes Tear Stain Eliminator (120g), $16 (http://slickdeals.net/e/6026478-amazon-angel-eyes-tear-stain-eliminator-120g-16)

cagmoose 05-13-2013 08:06 PM

Amazon - Angel Eyes Tear Stain Eliminator (120g), $16

65534 Attachment(s)
Amazon.com currently has 120g Angel Eyes Tear Stain Eliminator [amazon.com] for $22.99. An additional $3.45 will be deducted at checkout, bringing the price to $19.54. Use subscribe and save to get an additional 5%-15% off the price.

Here was my breakdown, with a 15% S&S discount.

Items: $22.99
Shipping & handling: $0.00
Promotion Applied: -$3.45
Subscription Discount: -$3.45
Total before tax: $16.09

Price research shows the next best price is $50.

A similar, but more expensive deal, was posted on 4/2.

I bought this product recently for my Maltese, and I have noticed a marked decrease in her tear stains. I paid about the same amount for just a 60g bottle, and you'll find a $1 difference on Amazon between the 60g and the 120g bottles. This is a great time to get the larger size.

This is my first deal. Hopefully it helps you :)

Hondemon 05-13-2013 08:15 PM

Been wanting to try this for our Shih Tzu... repped!

Thiswaytocowboy 05-13-2013 08:17 PM

Woot!....repped.....15$ for me with 20% off

rschauby 05-13-2013 08:25 PM

You can give a lower dose with less frequency than directed on the bottle and still have positive results. For my malti-poo, one small half teaspoon clears him up in just 1 day. His eyes are pretty clean, this is just a maintenance item. I'm sure a dog with serious and long-term tearing issues will take quite a bit more time and doses to clear up.

cagmoose 05-13-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rschauby (Post 59435804)
You can give a lower dose with less frequency than directed on the bottle and still have positive results. For my malti-poo, one small half teaspoon clears him up in just 1 day. His eyes are pretty clean, this is just a maintenance item. I'm sure a dog with serious and long-term tearing issues will take quite a bit more time and doses to clear up.

This is true. We've been fiddling with the dosage on our Maltese. I didn't even know about this product until a month ago, but it came recommended by our vet. Since then, her stains are still visible, but fading. Our dog has separation anxiety, so she cries a LOT. If your dog isn't much of a crier, this bottle may last you for awhile :)

l0l 05-13-2013 09:02 PM

Angel Eyes' active ingredient is a type of antibiotics called Tylosin, which is generally used to treat animal diarrhea. It does work to reduce tear stains. But after using it for two weeks, I decided that the unknown risks of long term use is far too great for cosmetic purposes. I learned to live with the panda look of my malteses. But if do wan to use it, you can buy Tylosin directly at much cheaper per dose price. You can Google to find out the right dose for the weight of your dogs.

blisscotti 05-13-2013 11:09 PM

Great deal! I used to buy this for my maltipoo, and it actually worked really well for him. He used to have TERRIBLE tear stains, but now they're gone! It's been years since I used to give angel eyes to him, so I am happy it worked. Now he just gets little eye boogers, but I can clean those off in two seconds.

Slimeyface 05-14-2013 12:21 AM

Damn, and here I thought this was a thread for antidepressants. Guess ill be stickin to kleenex

phillyirish 05-14-2013 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cagmoose (Post 59435846)
This is true. We've been fiddling with the dosage on our Maltese. I didn't even know about this product until a month ago, but it came recommended by our vet. Since then, her stains are still visible, but fading. Our dog has separation anxiety, so she cries a LOT. If your dog isn't much of a crier, this bottle may last you for awhile :)

Maybe instead of Angel Tears your very could recommend a psychologist to treat the root issue, separation anxiety

cagmoose 05-14-2013 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillyirish (Post 59438818)
Maybe instead of Angel Tears your very could recommend a psychologist to treat the root issue, separation anxiety

I'm not taking my dog to a shrink. We're hoping it's just a part of her puppy phase.

micet052 05-14-2013 06:35 AM

I just purchased the 150 gram chicken for $1 more. Great deal!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/...ttom_links

PositiveSarcasm 05-14-2013 06:48 AM

Got this for my girlfriend, works just as well.
-y

pchong572 05-14-2013 06:49 AM

Comes up as $19 for me :(

throckmorton 05-14-2013 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l0l (Post 59436412)
Angel Eyes' active ingredient is a type of antibiotics called Tylosin, which is generally used to treat animal diarrhea. It does work to reduce tear stains. But after using it for two weeks, I decided that the unknown risks of long term use is far too great for cosmetic purposes. I learned to live with the panda look of my malteses. But if do wan to use it, you can buy Tylosin directly at much cheaper per dose price. You can Google to find out the right dose for the weight of your dogs.

Tylosin is an antibiotic that is used to treat colitis in canines, but it is only administered for a short period of time. Continued use can cause resistance to antibiotics. When you dog is sick,you want to have antibiotics work for him or her! Do not use this product.

LeesApproved 05-14-2013 07:12 AM

This stuff is legit. Great deal!

rwscold 05-14-2013 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ridalinboy (Post 59441462)
Got this for my girlfriend, works just as well.
-y

:lol: In 4 one for the wife :p

hmongketchup 05-14-2013 07:30 AM

Thanks!

Boursin9 05-14-2013 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cagmoose (Post 59439158)
I'm not taking my dog to a shrink. We're hoping it's just a part of her puppy phase.

Plus our dog isn't allowed on the couch. <snicker>

CountChoculitis 05-14-2013 07:35 AM

Great, now I want to watch The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly again.

samgotit 05-14-2013 07:38 AM

I'm going to buy this and give it to my neighbor. She has two disgusting, filthy, once-white poodles. I heave when I see her squalid animals. She doesn't have the couth to keep her soiled rats inside and out of sight. I hope this product provides her a clue.

Kahunaxxx 05-14-2013 10:29 AM

Apparently apple cider vinegar works to reduce tear stains. Not tried it but if it works it would be preferable to antibiotics.

cagmoose 05-14-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by micet052 (Post 59441152)
I just purchased the 150 gram chicken for $1 more. Great deal!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/...ttom_links

FYI, the chicken has more stories of not being successful than the beef.

OiiiOiiiOiiiO 05-14-2013 01:02 PM

we tried this on our maltese and it does work but as many others, we decided to stop due to the unknown long term effects given that it does contain an antibiotic. After reading various forums, we started giving our maltese exclusively bottled water and that had a significant reduction in tear stains. In conclusion, BOTTLED WATER > ANGEL EYES

Meekois 05-14-2013 01:14 PM

I wish this product existed back when I had my schnauzer mix. He had a genetic defect which caused mucus and tear stains to build up all around his eyes. The only solution was routinely cleaning his eyes up. And this was VERY difficult. (he was very squirmy)

cagmoose 05-14-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by throckmorton (Post 59441976)
Tylosin is an antibiotic that is used to treat colitis in canines, but it is only administered for a short period of time. Continued use can cause resistance to antibiotics. When you dog is sick,you want to have antibiotics work for him or her! Do not use this product.

I asked my vet about this today, as we had to take our puppy in for her spaying/chipping/rabies. He didn't think there was anything to worry about -- that any resistance that might be built would be minor, and that in his years of practice, he had never seen it be a problem.

To be fair, I'm trusting my vet over a slickdealer :)

greyghost 05-14-2013 09:14 PM

red yeast stains are usually caused by grain intolerance, often times switching a dog to a grain free( or no grain) diet eliminates the stains, along with a good probiotics. It can also be caused by fluoride in water and entropion. I would address those things first before putting a dog on antibiotics.