Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Online Gucci private sale (http://slickdeals.net/f/6062336-online-gucci-private-sale)

neptune192 05-31-2013 09:13 AM

Online Gucci private sale
 
1 Attachment(s)
Don't worry about the "private" part, everyone can browse and place order now, but their order will be processed on June 04.
Link [gucci.com]
I was looking at the men's wallets and they are 30% off. Not sure about other categories.

deal-slayer 05-31-2013 09:32 AM

I gave you a TU but much less seems to be on sale this time. Last time (which I believe was a private sale also) it seemed like the whole site was on sale. Not buying, but thanks for bringing to our attention.

kablam0r 05-31-2013 10:19 AM

Great deals on shoes during this sale, picked up a couple pairs last time around.

oghowie 05-31-2013 10:28 AM

I usually only buy their wallets. Didn't see anything I like though. Do they do this everyone season or once or twice a year?

fiveoneooo 05-31-2013 10:33 AM

those black men sneakers are highly tempting. if they had more sizes in the grey i would not be able to resist

neptune192 05-31-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oghowie (Post 59790726)
I usually only buy their wallets. Didn't see anything I like though. Do they do this everyone season or once or twice a year?

The last two private sales were on May and November 2012, so I guess it's bi-annual. My wallet from May 2012 sale is still good, so I must resist the urge to buy more.

Rambo776 05-31-2013 10:55 AM

220 for gucci loafers is a steal of a deal

flee 05-31-2013 11:22 AM

$50 for a t-shirt?

gonepostl 05-31-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flee (Post 59791990)
$50 for a t-shirt?

One word "Gucci":lol::nod:

teammoney 05-31-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flee (Post 59791990)
$50 for a t-shirt?

Only got $20 in my pocket...

flee 05-31-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonepostl (Post 59792130)
One word "Gucci":lol::nod:


I call that getting pimped by a business

gonepostl 05-31-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flee (Post 59792194)
I call that getting pimped by a business

That's exactly what it is! Don't buy this stuff. It's just hype. However, some people just live by the brand.

teammoney 05-31-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoizel (Post 59791382)
220 for gucci loafers is a steal of a deal

I ordered some, do they fit true to size?

longhorn055 05-31-2013 11:39 AM

again, the trolls in their faded glory t-shirts flaming a thread they don't have any business even looking at...

TU and repped

flee 05-31-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longhorn055 (Post 59792362)
again, the trolls in their faded glory t-shirts flaming a thread they don't have any business even looking at...

TU and repped

Gucci Gucci, Louis Louis, Fendi Fendi, Prada
The basic wear that , so I don't even bother

arcazx 05-31-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flee (Post 59792194)
I call that getting pimped by a business

tricked by a business...
get it right :P

ady2glude707 05-31-2013 11:42 AM

If you buy this crap, you're getting swindled and pimped, ish.

JohnnyHot 05-31-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flee (Post 59791990)
$50 for a t-shirt?

Hella dough.

isleepwithgoats 05-31-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flee (Post 59791990)
$50 for a t-shirt?

It's 130$ for a nice T-Shirt

Sounds about right.

ddavid1101 05-31-2013 11:56 AM

SPACE in Florence, Italy for Prada stuff is still cheaper. picked up shoes there for 80EUR

budcluck 05-31-2013 12:17 PM

macklemore thinks gucci tees are $50 and then calls people ignorant for buying them

thinking that they are only $50 sounds ignorant to me

he probably saw them for $50 on canal street and thought they were real, lol

Hx114 05-31-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flee (Post 59792410)
Gucci Gucci, Louis Louis, Fendi Fendi, Prada
The basic bitches wear that shit, so I don't even bother

I put that on my partner, I put that on my family
Oakland city represent, address me as your majesty

The prices don't seem too good IMO and I own some GUCCI stuff purchased years ago on euro vacation

Canonguy12 05-31-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neptune192 (Post 59788966)
Don't worry about the "private" part, everyone can browse and place order now, but their order will be processed on June 04.
Link [gucci.com]
I was looking at the men's wallets and they are 30% off. Not sure about other categories.

Its additional 30% off or whatever prices you are seeing are the final prices?

kene_slow 05-31-2013 12:51 PM

Before I became rich :) , I never used to buy these expensive designer brands and I'd say to myself "self, people are being tricked and pimped by these companies".

Now I'm sitting on about half a mill and all I see is Gucci this Fendi that ...

kablam0r 05-31-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flee (Post 59791990)
$50 for a t-shirt?

Damn that's a cold ass honky!

canonikon 05-31-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teammoney (Post 59792138)
Only got $20 in my pocket...

I can buy 4 shirts with $20.

pruks 05-31-2013 01:56 PM

Holy $hiZ, over $2000 for a small tote.......that too at 40% sale...EXPENSIVE!!!

Good post OP, hopefully some one will save some money.

uimagine 05-31-2013 01:58 PM

somebody needs to rename this thread to "Macklemore Karaoke"........

pruks 05-31-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kene_slow (Post 59794012)
Before I became rich :) , I never used to buy these expensive designer brands and I'd say to myself "self, people are being tricked and pimped by these companies".

Now I'm sitting on about half a mill and all I see is Gucci this Fendi that ...

LOL...half a mil is NOT rich, you just have some money. If you do this, its just a matter of time before you turn really poor!

ozmotion 05-31-2013 02:00 PM

I just got a serious case of sticker shock..

Rambo776 05-31-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teammoney (Post 59792356)
I ordered some, do they fit true to size?


No they usually run a size big

ffactoryxx 05-31-2013 02:10 PM

I own a Gucci Leather Wallet and its the best I ever owned. 3 years and going strong.

krazyshopper 05-31-2013 02:29 PM

How much were the Gucci wallets going for last time around? How big are the discounts? Quickly looking at the website, I see a wallet is selling for 360.

Edit - my bad, the sale is going on now

beatstreet 05-31-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neptune192 (Post 59788966)
Don't worry about the "private" part...

:lmao:

yeah i'm 12

sunspotzsz 05-31-2013 03:03 PM

still expensive, stupid to spend that much on shoes and clothing

kene_slow 05-31-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pruks (Post 59795378)
LOL...half a mil is NOT rich, you just have some money. If you do this, its just a matter of time before you turn really poor!


Uhh half a million in cash and steady piling ... consistent 15 to 20k profit coming in every week for an under 40, and that's not rich? :( ... What would you consider rich son?

Maybe I need to up my game then ... private jet dreams ....

banster 05-31-2013 04:02 PM

Just placed an order for one of the men's wallets. However, it won't ship until 6/30-9/30. Crazy!

persian_mafia 05-31-2013 04:04 PM

Thanks for the post OP

pruks 05-31-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kene_slow (Post 59796806)
Uhh half a million in cash and steady piling ... consistent 15 to 20k profit coming in every week for an under 40, and that's not rich? :( ... What would you consider rich son?

Maybe I need to up my game then ... private jet dreams ....

Forget me, you are free to feel what you want - if rich is what it is then so be it :D. BTW 15-20k per week and piling up? I dont know any business that has +/- 25% variation in profit every week and is considered stable and profitable, what exactly do you do?

nocturn 05-31-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pruks (Post 59798072)
Forget me, you are free to feel what you want - if rich is what it is then so be it :D. BTW 15-20k per week and piling up? I dont know any business that has +/- 25% variation in profit every week and is considered stable and profitable, what exactly do you do?

He talks

mazafaka 05-31-2013 04:42 PM

Picked up 6 pairs of $99 rubber thongs (flip flops)

dealnovice88 05-31-2013 04:57 PM

$600 for a canvas tote is a good price but damn I'm not trying to hit the budget that hard today. If it were the 20th maybe but c'mon SD we still got 6 more hours till the 1st and I spent $500 more than I planned to in May already.

thiennhu 05-31-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flee (Post 59791990)
$50 for a t-shirt?

I've seen $80 for a boxer in Hugo Boss and that's a clearance :bounce:

insyder 05-31-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffactoryxx (Post 59795580)
I own a Gucci Leather Wallet and its the best I ever owned. 3 years and going strong.

so is my swiss thingie for $10 from kohl's. Insane $220 for a polo...

chop 05-31-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffactoryxx (Post 59795580)
I own a Gucci Leather Wallet and its the best I ever owned. 3 years and going strong.

This... this is why Gucci is so expensive. I had a wallet that lasted 9 years. It went thru a car accident, fire, dropped in the pool and its still looks like its a week old. I would still use it if I didn't get a new wallet as a present last year.

Bad_Boy 05-31-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nocturn (Post 59798306)
He talks

Best comment :lmao:

OhioState- 05-31-2013 05:23 PM

Nice sunglasses, the ones I like are sold out

airpixi 05-31-2013 05:27 PM

What were you using for a wallet before... I don't even remember when I bought mine it was so long ago.

Genius4sho 05-31-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffactoryxx (Post 59795580)
I own a Gucci Leather Wallet and its the best I ever owned. 3 years and going strong.

I have a big skinny wallet and its been going for like 5 years strong...:wave:

Genius4sho 05-31-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by persian_mafia (Post 59797774)
Thanks for the post OP

"Kiss French, Dress Italian, Drive German, Date Russian."... you should add "live American" at the end. Represent the USA. :)

khoj 05-31-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banster (Post 59797716)
Just placed an order for one of the men's wallets. However, it won't ship until 6/30-9/30. Crazy!

Seriously! one of the item I was looking said the same thing:

your selection is available for pre-order and expected to ship between 06/30/2013 and 09/15/2013.

tommyson30 05-31-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonepostl (Post 59792130)
One word "Gucci":lol::nod:

i like guci wallet, belt, shoes, hat, but nah not their clothes :shake:

SAN_MARINO 05-31-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teammoney (Post 59792138)
Only got $20 in my pocket...

I think you can get 1 Ralph Lauren T-Shirt for $20.

futbol57102at 05-31-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by budcluck (Post 59793270)
macklemore thinks gucci tees are $50 and then calls people ignorant for buying them

thinking that they are only $50 sounds ignorant to me

he probably saw them for $50 on canal street and thought they were real, lol

Considering he seems to exclusively shop at thrift shops, it's plausible that he's only seen them there, and priced around $50.....

ajran122 05-31-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kene_slow (Post 59796806)
Uhh half a million in cash and steady piling ... consistent 15 to 20k profit coming in every week for an under 40, and that's not rich? :( ... What would you consider rich son?

Maybe I need to up my game then ... private jet dreams ....

I'm not attacking you or anything but..

Let's just say $15k a week for 50 weeks. That's about $750,000 a year..and you only have $500,000. Not to say $500,000 isn't a good chunk of money but you're seriously spending way too much unless you've only been making this amount for less than 3 years. If you income stopped today how long could you keep up your lifestyle? You should be saving like 25%+ of your income in cash or some other asset. I think at this point you appear* to be rich by touting material possessions but if your income stopped you couldn't continue to spend the way you do. But I don't know your financials and just speculating based on what you said.

Live below your means, save money for a rainy day and don't spend your money like you'll always be making that much.


Buying a private jet would be a horrible idea. Pilot, maintenance, storage..better to just rent one if you needed it.

SAN_MARINO 05-31-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genius4sho (Post 59799236)
"Kiss French, Dress Italian, Drive German, Date Russian."... you should add "live American" at the end. Represent the USA. :)

Why "Date Russian"?

anni77777 05-31-2013 06:12 PM

ooohweeee

woodygg 05-31-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neptune192 (Post 59788966)
Don't worry about the "private" part, everyone can browse and place order now, but their order will be processed on June 04.
Link [gucci.com]
I was looking at the men's wallets and they are 30% off. Not sure about other categories.

and instantly, sd email alerts go off across the country for those who feel the need to show everyone else how insecure they are.

anni77777 05-31-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAN_MARINO (Post 59799502)
Why "Date Russian"?


Cuz Russians are the best

<---- biased ;)

Genius4sho 05-31-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAN_MARINO (Post 59799476)
I think you can get 1 Ralph Lauren T-Shirt for $20.

Reference: http://youtu.be/QK8mJJJvaes?t=2m32s

woodygg 05-31-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genius4sho (Post 59799236)
"Kiss French, Dress Italian, Drive German, Date Russian."... you should add "live American" at the end. Represent the USA. :)


Or get therapy and learn to not worry about what everyone else thinks. I knew I should've gone into marketing...

BenM5 05-31-2013 06:16 PM

the belt i like size 48 peace im out

ameryki 05-31-2013 06:17 PM

WoW access denied for me

Gladianator 05-31-2013 06:18 PM

So many people trying to justify overpaying for a name.

firstaid33 05-31-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flee (Post 59792194)
I call that getting pimped by a business

Lolol Repping you for this.

Thriftshop indeed [youtube.com]

Most of that stuff is made in China anyway, and 10% is made in Italy, so they can say "Made in Italy". The quality is not same from before.

kablam0r 05-31-2013 06:23 PM

i think some people are in troll shock on this thread.

I picked these up and a wallet, although i still have my wallet(card holder) from last years sale.
http://data.iluxdb.com/data/gucci...jpg?dd80c0

$269 is a great deal on shoes that could potentially last a lifetime if you take care of them

krazyshopper 05-31-2013 06:24 PM

I'm not getting anything, but if i were to pay this much for a wallet, i would just pay an extra hundred bucks and get their "signature" wallet.
http://www.gucci.com/us/styles/138042KGD8R9791#
Looks like they dont have their signature style with the green and red stripe on any of the wallets in the private sale.

Thanks for the post OP. I enjoyed window shopping.

kablam0r 05-31-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firstaid33 (Post 59799870)
Lolol Repping you for this.

Thriftshop indeed [youtube.com]

Most of that stuff is made in China anyway, and 10% is made in Italy, so they can say "Made in Italy". The quality is not same from before.

Thank you for pulling that out.

The "Made in Italy" means designed and QA by people in Italy, but produced by sweat shops in china. Just like apple and every other company.

kablam0r 05-31-2013 06:30 PM

When is this bag gonna be in their private sale?????

Best Bag evea! [morethings.com]

Slimeyface 05-31-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kene_slow (Post 59796806)
Uhh half a million in cash and steady piling ... consistent 15 to 20k profit coming in every week for an under 40, and that's not rich? :( ... What would you consider rich son?

Maybe I need to up my game then ... private jet dreams ....

Wow. I will give you your due props. What do u do ? :cool:

Emjay 05-31-2013 06:34 PM

Are you kidding me.

Markup of at least 1,000%.
Are those social security numbers?

krazyshopper 05-31-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kablam0r (Post 59799966)
Thank you for pulling that out.

The "Made in Italy" means designed and QA by people in Italy, but produced by sweat shops in china. Just like apple and every other company.

That is what I heard from someone i know who works in the business. I heard that brands like Gucci have slowly been diminishing the quality of their products over the years (unknown to the customers) as the companies have grown bigger and begun producing larger quantities of items (when they were smaller, their stuff used to be produced in limited quantities and higher quality). Now, they start the process in Italy and then send it somewhere else where most of the manufacturing is done and then they bring it back to italy to finish it up and then they stamp 'handmade italian leather' on it...

x_ge0rge 05-31-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kablam0r (Post 59799966)
Thank you for pulling that out.

The "Made in Italy" means designed and QA by people in Italy, but produced by sweat shops in china. Just like apple and every other company.

made in italy is made in italy, they cannot lie about country of origin.
you are confusing it with "designed in italy"

kablam0r 05-31-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krazyshopper (Post 59800080)
That is what I heard from someone i know who works in the business. I heard that brands like Gucci have slowly been diminishing the quality of their products over the years (unknown to the customers) as the companies have grown bigger and begun producing larger quantities of items (when they were smaller, their stuff used to be produced in limited quantities and higher quality). Now, they start the process in Italy and then send it somewhere else where most of the manufacturing is done and then they bring it back to italy to finish it up and then they stamp 'handmade italian leather' on it...

With Italy's financial state, i don't know if luxury items coming out of there are any better than China. That is one corrupt county,

alphonse55 05-31-2013 06:47 PM

Not bad looking shoes, but most of the stuff is tacky. The wallets seem to be the worst offenders so I don't know what people are talking about with "only buying their wallets". This isn't even one of those "you are paying 1000% markup" rants. This stuff is just high-end mall stylish. Gucci, Prada, Burberry, etc... Leave this stuff to the women.

PaletteKing 05-31-2013 06:51 PM

Much too expensive. Wanted to purchase a pair of shoes and belt.. No thanks, will check out their factory store.

ImmadH 05-31-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajran122 (Post 59799496)
Live below your means, save money for a rainy day and don't spend your money like you'll always be making that much.


Amazing advice. Especially the last part.

getdealsonline 05-31-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kene_slow (Post 59794012)
Before I became rich :) , I never used to buy these expensive designer brands and I'd say to myself &quot;self, people are being tricked and pimped by these companies&quot;.

Now I'm sitting on about half a mill and all I see is Gucci this Fendi that ...

And you're still trying to save some with slickdeals ... Sounds about right ;)

dealnovice88 05-31-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajran122 (Post 59799496)
I'm not attacking you or anything but..

Let's just say $15k a week for 50 weeks. That's about $750,000 a year..and you only have $500,000. Not to say $500,000 isn't a good chunk of money but you're seriously spending way too much unless you've only been making this amount for less than 3 years. If you income stopped today how long could you keep up your lifestyle? You should be saving like 25%+ of your income in cash or some other asset. I think at this point you appear* to be rich by touting material possessions but if your income stopped you couldn't continue to spend the way you do. But I don't know your financials and just speculating based on what you said.

Live below your means, save money for a rainy day and don't spend your money like you'll always be making that much.


Buying a private jet would be a horrible idea. Pilot, maintenance, storage..better to just rent one if you needed it.

You forgot to advise him to get a good accountant and keep a tax lawyer on retainer. :nod: My pops was making double that and pissed off ex fiance' number 2 :shake::shake: now he's up to his eyeballs in accusations and questions from the tax collectors. Blink and it can all be for not.;)

predator.z6 05-31-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slimeyface (Post 59800042)
Wow. I will give you your due props. What do u do ? :cool:

Probably in the pharmaceutical industry. *ahem*

blurped 05-31-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonepostl (Post 59792258)
That's exactly what it is! Don't buy this stuff. It's just hype. However, some people just live by the brand.

Don't hate. It's all relative. This is not your level.

blurped 05-31-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kene_slow (Post 59796806)
Uhh half a million in cash and steady piling ... consistent 15 to 20k profit coming in every week for an under 40, and that's not rich? :( ... What would you consider rich son?

Maybe I need to up my game then ... private jet dreams ....

These guys are haters. I wanna make fast money like you. Teach me.

krazymop 05-31-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kene_slow (Post 59796806)
Uhh half a million in cash and steady piling ... consistent 15 to 20k profit coming in every week for an under 40, and that's not rich? :( ... What would you consider rich son?

Maybe I need to up my game then ... private jet dreams ....

lol, right. You post in threads about tape, Levi's jeans and used $75 cameras, yet you make 20k/week. :lol:

SAN_MARINO 05-31-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anni77777 (Post 59799750)
Cuz Russians are the best

<---- biased ;)


I assumed you're a Russian.

Two famous Russians I know are Maria Sharapova and Milla Jovich.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genius4sho (Post 59799774)


:D I have no idea who they are but funny video though.

Switching2Geico 05-31-2013 07:45 PM

what about cologne?

gjertsen 05-31-2013 07:56 PM

Gucci doesn't qualify as a slickdeal in my book until it's 95% off.

wonkaucd 05-31-2013 08:01 PM

got a belt thanks. Hopefully the 6/30/13 to 9/30/13 ship date is a sick joke

Windows7User 05-31-2013 08:25 PM

The only thing i wanted went oos :(

http://private.gucci.com/us/style...I33321075#

MySD012 05-31-2013 08:31 PM

thanks op.

Parker1974 05-31-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kene_slow (Post 59796806)
Uhh half a million in cash and steady piling ... consistent 15 to 20k profit coming in every week for an under 40, and that's not rich? :( ... What would you consider rich son?

Maybe I need to up my game then ... private jet dreams ....


Thanks, I lol'ed.

myselfdotcom 05-31-2013 08:38 PM

louis vuitton ! lol

Viceroy 05-31-2013 08:51 PM

I call that getting swindled and pimped

randomtofu 05-31-2013 08:56 PM

Wow. $100 - $200 for a wallet. My 10 year old Wilson's Leather wallet I got for $30 is still in great shape.

myselfdotcom 05-31-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randomtofu (Post 59802304)
Wow. $100 - $200 for a wallet. My 10 year old Wilson's Leather wallet I got for $30 is still in great shape.

Because you are a peasant baby....:)...:lol:

xchangz 05-31-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randomtofu (Post 59802304)
Wow. $100 - $200 for a wallet. My 10 year old Wilson's Leather wallet I got for $30 is still in great shape.

your son's wallet is not kobe beef leather.

richardbb85 05-31-2013 09:01 PM

this deal is not for everyone

i personally wouldn't even buy it with sales, but i haven't buy myself anything nice in a while plus my birthday is coming up. a small gift wouldn't hurt

thanks to OP

randomtofu 05-31-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xchangz (Post 59802354)
your son's wallet is not kobe beef leather.

huh? "Wilson's leather" is a store.

justdefend 05-31-2013 09:23 PM

This is a decent sale for fans of the brand. Gucci is still made in Italy (whether or not it is manufactured by actual Italians is unknown) and isn't outsourced like many other luxury brands. This stuff will never be slick in typical SD terms, but lowering the margin for any luxury items is always awesome. Thanks OP.

supersoul 05-31-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randomtofu (Post 59802304)
Wow. $100 - $200 for a wallet. My 10 year old Wilson's Leather wallet I got for $30 is still in great shape.

I couldn't find $100 wallet. I just see $200 wallet and $100 clip

gonepostl 05-31-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blurped (Post 59800822)
Don't hate. It's all relative. This is not your level.

The question is not do I have the money. I have the money. The question is am I a fool enough to spend it on something that was made in a sweatshop, branded with a label, and sold to fools because it's trendy. :wave:

gonepostl 05-31-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longhorn055 (Post 59792362)
again, the trolls in their faded glory t-shirts flaming a thread they don't have any business even looking at...

TU and repped

Look at the mindset these people have. If you wear "x" you must be a peasent. YOUR ON SLICKDEALS. A site to save you as much money as possible. So don't run your mouth when you need a 30% discount. If you all are so paid then why worry? Why not go retail? Riddle me this.;):D

chukupa 05-31-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonepostl (Post 59803278)
The question is not do I have the money. I have the money. The question is am I a fool enough to spend it on something that was made in a sweatshop, branded with a label, and sold to fools because it's trendy. :wave:

A couple hundred bucks wallet causes you to think that much.... You don't have the money.

gonepostl 05-31-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chukupa (Post 59803300)
A couple hundred bucks wallet causes you to think that much.... You don't have the money.

You have no idea how wrong you are. 200 bucks isn't a lot to me. Whats up with the mentality that if I don't want to buy it I don't have the money? Seriously is 200 bucks a lot to people? It's called principle. While we're at it why are you on "slickdeals". Unless you need to save money, because you don't have enough. Locate the logical fallacy in that. I just slapped you so hard your momma called and said "baby are you ok? I just got a straight up pain upside my face."

yeshu1984 05-31-2013 10:25 PM

beautiful loafers...and i love the burgundy bomber jacket

teammoney 05-31-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genius4sho (Post 59799774)

Thank you, a lot of posters aren't seeing what we're all referring to lol. Now they know

slicklurkn 05-31-2013 10:53 PM

:lol: great Macklemore thread! thanks for the laughs.

cantstoplooking 05-31-2013 11:10 PM

i'm in need of some extremely long lasting, extremely comfortable military style boots. i wonder how these hold up http://private.gucci.com/us/style...ABM002535#

Glitterati 06-01-2013 03:38 AM

What are all of you "rich" people doing on slickdeals anyway? :P

SEGMA98 06-01-2013 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glitterati (Post 59805220)
What are all of you "rich" people doing on slickdeals anyway? :P

didnt u know? the richer people become, the stingier they are :)

michaelgnocchi 06-01-2013 08:00 AM

I wish they would have kept the prices private. I almost fell off my chair when I saw the "sale" prices. It always amazes me that people still spend money on designers like this.

OhNoItsDEVO 06-01-2013 08:33 AM

Having that 'G' logo on your clothes, sure makes them worth a lot of money...

OhNoItsDEVO 06-01-2013 08:38 AM

Gucci: The name wannabe rap moguls, and vapid housewives can agree on....

ritmomundo 06-01-2013 10:03 AM

In for 1 of these [gucci.com] for man's dapper best friend.

JK. This brand has become way too tacky.

Icecreamlova 06-01-2013 10:11 AM

Brooks Brothers > Gucci especially at the price point.

stylingal 06-01-2013 10:19 AM

30% off Gucci is def a slickdeal.
I got a medium Sukey that I'd been eyeing since last year. I wish more luggage/travel was on sale - woulod've been a steal.

UBoughtWhat 06-01-2013 10:27 AM

Gucci T Shirts
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gonepostl (Post 59792130)
One word "Gucci":lol::nod:

Ho hum. I happen to wear Gucci T shirts. I can't begin to count the number of times people stop me throughout the day and ask, "Oh my is that a Gucci T shirt you are wearing?"

MR_Staples_To_You 06-01-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonepostl (Post 59792258)
That's exactly what it is! Don't buy this stuff. It's just hype. However, some people just live by the brand.

No no, buy, buy, buy!!! Spend your cash on this crap. It leaves more of the competition out... :lmao:

Quote:

Originally Posted by longhorn055 (Post 59792362)
again, the trolls in their faded glory t-shirts flaming a thread they don't have any business even looking at...

TU and repped

Hey, I love my faded glory attire... :hide:

IamaHobbit 06-01-2013 11:22 AM

I'm so sick of hearing people say "oh my god, you can get a pair of jeans that look exactly like Diesel for $10." The same people who will spend thousands on a couple of guns and hand made rocking chairs that cost $250 at Cracker Barrel (I love that place!!) for their hick porch.

Most people who can afford Gucci, Prada, G-Star do it for the sake of fashion. Diesel jeans are popular world wide because they make everyone look amazing - they're just designed that well. Gucci makes awesome guy coats and affordable wallets that seriously do last forever. In fact they look better with age.

My Diesel jeans outlast my (normal tagged) Levi jeans by at least 5 times it's lifespan. $275'ish jeans compared to $60 Levi jeans. 5 x 60 = 300.

G-Star cost $175 on average for a button up long sleeve. I still have my first shirt from 8 years ago - like my Diesel jeans, I still get compliments.. and oddly enough my body never changed from when I was a teenager :P Average cost for a typical mall button up is what $80?

nuff said

btw good deals

chobozor 06-01-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamaHobbit (Post 59810724)
I'm so sick of hearing people say "oh my god, you can get a pair of jeans that look exactly like Diesel for $10." The same people who will spend thousands on a couple of guns and hand made rocking chairs that cost $250 at Cracker Barrel (I love that place!!) for their hick porch.

Most people who can afford Gucci, Prada, G-Star do it for the sake of fashion. Diesel jeans are popular world wide because they make everyone look amazing - they're just designed that well. Gucci makes awesome guy coats and affordable wallets that seriously do last forever. In fact they look better with age.

My Diesel jeans outlast my (normal tagged) Levi jeans by at least 5 times it's lifespan. $275'ish jeans compared to $60 Levi jeans. 5 x 60 = 300.

G-Star cost $175 on average for a button up long sleeve. I still have my first shirt from 8 years ago - like my Diesel jeans, I still get compliments.. and oddly enough my body never changed from when I was a teenager :P Average cost for a typical mall button up is what $80?

nuff said

btw good deals

Never changed as in fat as hell?

cowflex 06-01-2013 12:05 PM

thanks! great deal, ordered some new shoes I've been needing to replace for a long time already. hope it doesn't take too long to ship

most definitely a slickdeal

UnstableChimp 06-01-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kene_slow (Post 59796806)
Uhh half a million in cash and steady piling ... consistent 15 to 20k profit coming in every week for an under 40, and that's not rich? :( ... What would you consider rich son?

Maybe I need to up my game then ... private jet dreams ....

15k-20k profit each week, and you're only sitting on a 1/2 million....?! You should hire an accountant, or fire the one you have!

EDIT:
I'm curious...., at $15k-$20k each week, is it worth you time flipping discounted PS3 consoles? Also, with that kind of money, I would assume you could do better than purchasing 39" RCA LEDs from eBay....

k3u 06-01-2013 03:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Damn I just bought a leather Gucci belt last night for $365. Although thankfully there was none on sale that was like that or I would have killed a b****. :O It's for work. :)

frodacious 06-01-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajran122 (Post 59799496)
I'm not attacking you or anything but..

Let's just say $15k a week for 50 weeks. That's about $750,000 a year..and you only have $500,000. Not to say $500,000 isn't a good chunk of money but you're seriously spending way too much unless you've only been making this amount for less than 3 years. If you income stopped today how long could you keep up your lifestyle? You should be saving like 25%+ of your income in cash or some other asset. I think at this point you appear* to be rich by touting material possessions but if your income stopped you couldn't continue to spend the way you do. But I don't know your financials and just speculating based on what you said.

Live below your means, save money for a rainy day and don't spend your money like you'll always be making that much.


Buying a private jet would be a horrible idea. Pilot, maintenance, storage..better to just rent one if you needed it.


People can tell ducktales on the internet, but if this dude makes 750k a year and you dont consider that rich then your reaching.

In his 40's half a millie is a substantial retirememt savings especially if he keeps the right plan in pace. Typically, your savings account should be 6 mths salary which in this case is far less at 90k


Talking about variances and ish? It was a simple question and your using other things to try and justify your wrongness

Just admit you were wrong and move on

blurped 06-01-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonepostl (Post 59803294)
Look at the mindset these people have. If you wear "x" you must be a peasent. YOUR ON SLICKDEALS. A site to save you as much money as possible. So don't run your mouth when you need a 30% discount. If you all are so paid then why worry? Why not go retail? Riddle me this.;):D

Don't be silly. You're on slickdeals. Why would you go retail when you can save on Gucci?:drool:

gonepostl 06-01-2013 08:08 PM

I got so many replies on gucci. Seems like there's a lot of hate. I won't participate; so don't bother replying

chukupa 06-02-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonepostl (Post 59803320)
You have no idea how wrong you are. 200 bucks isn't a lot to me. Whats up with the mentality that if I don't want to buy it I don't have the money? Seriously is 200 bucks a lot to people? It's called principle. While we're at it why are you on "slickdeals". Unless you need to save money, because you don't have enough. Locate the logical fallacy in that. I just slapped you so hard your momma called and said "baby are you ok? I just got a straight up pain upside my face."

I am talking talking talking why I hate this thread ==== NO MONEY

krazyshopper 06-02-2013 08:48 AM

Interesting Gucci is offering a discount. I heard companies like Chanel and Louis Vuitton burn their merchandise rather than discounting. Because If they discount too much they will seem less high end to the consumer and then the consumer won't be willing to pay as much for them.

electrocuted 06-02-2013 08:55 AM

Incredible sale. But is anything refundable? I'm thinking about buying shoes but now sure about the size.

ajran122 06-02-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frodacious (Post 59814640)
People can tell ducktales on the internet, but if this dude makes 750k a year and you dont consider that rich then your reaching.

In his 40's half a millie is a substantial retirememt savings especially if he keeps the right plan in pace. Typically, your savings account should be 6 mths salary which in this case is far less at 90k


Talking about variances and ish? It was a simple question and your using other things to try and justify your wrongness

Just admit you were wrong and move on


$750k a year is a lot to me. Having $500k saved when you're making that and than some in a year isn't a lot.
Like I said if he's only been making that much for a couple years, no problem..otherwise he is spending too much and saving too little.

500,000 is a decent amount if you plan to retire and live on 20k a year. Now if this guy is blowing 400k a year in who knows what..how long do you think he could live on that $500k?


Based on you saying ish and assuming I'm wrong because $500,000 to you is a lot of money for a guy making 1.5 that in a year..I'm willing to bet you're young and don't have many bills. So if I'm wrong and you have a reasonable mortgage that you pay $2,500 a month on. Car payment for a couple hundred. Insurance, cell phone, tv, etc.. How long can 6 month savings last you if you lost your income for some reason?


I don't believe I'm wrong. I have $0 in credit card debt and personal loans. 2 cars paid off. If I canceled my cell phone and internet, they would owe me money. I don't make a ton of money but I save 25%+ of my income. If I was unable to work I could go a very long time without changing my habits. Now what about you?

fitdealdude73 06-02-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamaHobbit (Post 59810724)
My Diesel jeans outlast my (normal tagged) Levi jeans by at least 5 times it's lifespan. $275'ish jeans compared to $60 Levi jeans. 5 x 60 = 300.

Have any Diesel Coupons? :)
BTW I agree, some of the nicer brands last a lot longer.
-J

krazyshopper 06-02-2013 07:09 PM

Interesting read in GQ. Author of Friday night lights checked into rehab for a shopping addiction to GUCCI
http://www.gq.com/news-politics/n...-addiction
Let this be a warning to all of us,

tjhook 06-02-2013 07:31 PM

heh, SD full of liars. Reminds of me of a guy in an older thread who tried to call a BMW M3 a 'grocery getter.'

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnstableChimp (Post 59813018)
15k-20k profit each week, and you're only sitting on a 1/2 million....?! You should hire an accountant, or fire the one you have!

EDIT:
I'm curious...., at $15k-$20k each week, is it worth you time flipping discounted PS3 consoles? Also, with that kind of money, I would assume you could do better than purchasing 39" RCA LEDs from eBay....


ghostofdavid 06-02-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flee (Post 59792194)
I call that getting pimped by a business

Pimped? You mean tricked.

UnstableChimp 06-02-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjhook (Post 59831724)
heh, SD full of liars. Reminds of me of a guy in an older thread who tried to call a BMW M3 a 'grocery getter.'

Funny... I see absolutely no point in trying to impress strangers. What's the point? Even if one succeeds in impressing them, what is there to gain? People who need the approval of absolute strangers are nothing more than objectified attention whores.

Oh.Y.Not 06-02-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by getdealsonline (Post 59800456)
And you're still trying to save some with slickdeals ... Sounds about right ;)

There are actually a lot of "wealthier" SDers that browse SD regularly. I'd say a good number of us also gotten where we are by good old fashioned hard work and being frugal when needs be.

cheapchips 06-02-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oh.Y.Not (Post 59833120)
There are actually a lot of "wealthier" SDers that browse SD regularly. I'd say a good number of us also gotten where we are by good old fashioned hard work and being frugal when needs be.

\
AMEN.


But WTF is with them shipping this stuff between June and September?


Wanted a new wallet, but $hit, you're gonna sit on my 2 Benjamins for 3 months? Give me a break!!

Hockey3081 06-02-2013 09:56 PM

Your card is charged at the time of shipment, player.
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheapchips (Post 59833236)
\
AMEN.


But WTF is with them shipping this stuff between June and September?


Wanted a new wallet, but $hit, you're gonna sit on my 2 Benjamins for 3 months? Give me a break!!


cheapchips 06-02-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockey3081 (Post 59833596)
Your card is charged at the time of shipment, player.

:-P guess they're pre selling and don't want to hold on to lame inventory.

asr10user 06-02-2013 10:11 PM

Awesome. I think I found the GF's bday gift. And its less than I was thinking I would spend.

722 06-02-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kablam0r (Post 59799966)
Thank you for pulling that out.

The "Made in Italy" means designed and QA by people in Italy, but produced by sweat shops in china. Just like apple and every other company.

"Designed by Apple in California Assembled in China"

Woweee looks like they're trying to hide that one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kablam0r (Post 59800178)
With Italy's financial state, i don't know if luxury items coming out of there are any better than China. That is one corrupt county,

I've never been to Italy county.

722 06-02-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonepostl (Post 59817222)
I got so many replies on gucci. Seems like there's a lot of hate. I won't participate; so don't bother replying

No one cares.

richardbb85 06-02-2013 10:33 PM

i love how some ppl complain about stuff made in china. if it was made in USA, u all be bitching about the cost. $500 for iphone instead of $200.

722 06-02-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richardbb85 (Post 59833954)
i love how some ppl complain about stuff made in china. if it was made in USA, u all be bitching about the cost. $500 for iphone instead of $200.

An iPhone isn't $200.

richardbb85 06-02-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 722 (Post 59833972)
An iPhone isn't $200.

was just using an example for a signed contract

cazic99 06-02-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flee (Post 59792194)
I call that getting pimped by a business


Then don't buy it, it's a free country. Some like to wear Walmart shirts, some willin to pay for Gucci. No different than some willing to buy Apple and some willing to use cheap Samsung.

The_Ransom 06-03-2013 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonepostl (Post 59792130)
One word "Gucci":lol::nod:

Limited edition let's do simple addition...

papatoony 06-03-2013 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krazyshopper (Post 59823330)
Interesting Gucci is offering a discount. I heard companies like Chanel and Louis Vuitton burn their merchandise rather than discounting. Because If they discount too much they will seem less high end to the consumer and then the consumer won't be willing to pay as much for them.

Then how does Gucci merchandise end up at DSW?

kablam0r 06-03-2013 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 722 (Post 59833870)
"Designed by Apple in California Assembled in China"

Woweee looks like they're trying to hide that one.


I've never been to Italy county.

I'm sure there are lots of places you've never been.
Spelling mistake ya tool.

krazyshopper 06-03-2013 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjhook (Post 59831724)
heh, SD full of liars. Reminds of me of a guy in an older thread who tried to call a BMW M3 a 'grocery getter.'

^:lol:

krazyshopper 06-03-2013 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papatoony (Post 59835436)
Then how does Gucci merchandise end up at DSW?

I think there are a couple places where they will sell their out of season stuff like also century 21, gilt, maybe 6pm too

kene_slow 06-03-2013 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krazymop (Post 59800984)
lol, right. You post in threads about tape, Levi's jeans and used $75 cameras, yet you make 20k/week. :lol:

:) Believe it or not , the tape and camera are a BIG part of my business ... Small minds like your's will forever stay small ... Carpe Diem baby!

kene_slow 06-03-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnstableChimp (Post 59813018)
15k-20k profit each week, and you're only sitting on a 1/2 million....?! You should hire an accountant, or fire the one you have!

EDIT:
I'm curious...., at $15k-$20k each week, is it worth you time flipping discounted PS3 consoles? Also, with that kind of money, I would assume you could do better than purchasing 39" RCA LEDs from eBay....


What most people don't understand is that you don't get rich overnight ... I used to NOT make that much money, and would always search for the best deals on stuff. Old habits die hard; I needed a PS3 to use as a media center/blu-ray player plus the occasional 30 minutes of gaming.

I remember purchasing a Sharp LED as a birthday gift but RCA? Doesn't ring a bell ...

kene_slow 06-03-2013 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oh.Y.Not (Post 59833120)
There are actually a lot of "wealthier" SDers that browse SD regularly. I'd say a good number of us also gotten where we are by good old fashioned hard work and being frugal when needs be.

May the maker bless you abundantly!!

722 06-03-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kablam0r (Post 59836238)
I'm sure there are lots of places you've never been.
Spelling mistake ya tool.

Oh did I touch some kind of a soft spot? If you're wondering why you can't make friends and work 10 hours a day at a service job, well, I'll let you be your own judge. Poor loser. Haha.

Oh I just realized I actually quoted you twice in my comment. No wonder you are so bad a life.

kablam0r 06-03-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 722 (Post 59842712)
Oh did I touch some kind of a soft spot? If you're wondering why you can't make friends and work 10 hours a day at a service job, well, I'll let you be your own judge. Poor loser. Haha.

you won the gold medal

gsumax 06-03-2013 10:44 AM

like my pal 2 chainz says, "when i die, bury me inside the gucci store"

opportunityad 06-03-2013 11:48 AM

RIZZY RIZZY REPPED!!..Just grabbed my sandals!!

krazymop 06-03-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kene_slow (Post 59838454)
:) Believe it or not , the tape and camera are a BIG part of my business ... Small minds like your's will forever stay small ... Carpe Diem baby!

You keep telling yourself that. We all believe you. :lmao:

722 06-03-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kene_slow (Post 59838454)
:) Believe it or not , the tape and camera are a BIG part of my business ... Small minds like your's will forever stay small ... Carpe Diem baby!

your's? Apparently you are the one with a small mind.

kene_slow 06-03-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 722 (Post 59848670)
your's? Apparently you are the one with a small mind.

Yes, I have a very small mind ... And you mon ami, are a man of infinite wisdom :D

722 06-03-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kene_slow (Post 59849440)
Yes, I have a very small mind ... And you mon ami, are a man of infinite wisdom :D

You should really practice your terrible trolling skills.

kene_slow 06-03-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 722 (Post 59849538)
You should really practice your terrible trolling skills.

Did you buy anything from this Gucci Sale? Because if not, that makes you the troll since you have no business on this thread.

Can't wait for my new shoes and belt to get here, so people like you can look at people like me and call me "DOUCHEBAG"!!! :D

SEGMA98 06-03-2013 03:58 PM

i just logged into account...my order is not showing there....anyone else ?

nicholas421 06-03-2013 05:07 PM

$10k purse. I could eat for years at wendy's

http://private.gucci.com/us/style...EPE4T2814#

liondragon 06-03-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicholas421 (Post 59852442)
$10k purse. I could eat for years at wendy's

http://private.gucci.com/us/style...EPE4T2814#

But it's on sale! $4,411 off!

krazyshopper 06-03-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicholas421 (Post 59852442)
$10k purse. I could eat for years at wendy's

http://private.gucci.com/us/style...EPE4T2814#

You have to read this article
http://www.gq.com/news-politics/n...-addiction

722 06-03-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kene_slow (Post 59794012)
Before I became rich :) , I never used to buy these expensive designer brands and I'd say to myself "self, people are being tricked and pimped by these companies".

Now I'm sitting on about half a mill and all I see is Gucci this Fendi that ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by krazyshopper (Post 59853064)

No, this guy needs to read it. Hit page 2. $587,412.97 that guy spent on Gucci clothing.

You can see where kene_slow would go if he wasn't a liar. :D

kene_slow 06-04-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 722 (Post 59853166)
No, this guy needs to read it. Hit page 2. $587,412.97 that guy spent on Gucci clothing.

You can see where kene_slow would go if he wasn't a liar. :D

Gucci belt, Gucci shoes on the way ... I'll take a picture of my feet juuuust for you 722 mon ami ... :hug:

frodacious 06-05-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajran122 (Post 59824722)
$750k a year is a lot to me. Having $500k saved when you're making that and than some in a year isn't a lot.
Like I said if he's only been making that much for a couple years, no problem..otherwise he is spending too much and saving too little.

500,000 is a decent amount if you plan to retire and live on 20k a year. Now if this guy is blowing 400k a year in who knows what..how long do you think he could live on that $500k?


Based on you saying ish and assuming I'm wrong because $500,000 to you is a lot of money for a guy making 1.5 that in a year..I'm willing to bet you're young and don't have many bills. So if I'm wrong and you have a reasonable mortgage that you pay $2,500 a month on. Car payment for a couple hundred. Insurance, cell phone, tv, etc.. How long can 6 month savings last you if you lost your income for some reason?


I don't believe I'm wrong. I have $0 in credit card debt and personal loans. 2 cars paid off. If I canceled my cell phone and internet, they would owe me money. I don't make a ton of money but I save 25%+ of my income. If I was unable to work I could go a very long time without changing my habits. Now what about you?


So he didn't say he was retiring right this second so really 20k a year isn't accurate. If he said he was retiring tom and never saving another penny you would have a valid point. But you don't.

Yes, I am young and yes I have many bills. Daycare, close to your 2500 mortgage, a car payment over your couple hundred, cell phone, yada yada yada. 6 mths salary can't last long, your right. But that is considered a good safety net and honestly if you lose your job, how is that NOT gonna hit you financially? Key thing I said was savings account though....As in savings account though. Not 401k, pension, stocks, etc. If you have more than 6 mths salary sitting in your savings account right now earning anywhere from .01% to 1% in today's interest rate enviorment than you are a fool plain and simple unless you are close to retirement.


Here's the deal, if you make 81k you make the average American salary per household. Avg got it? 150+ is considered upper middle class. $750k is considered rich no matter how you slice it or are you telling me roughly 10TIMES the national avg wouldn't put you in upper class? Not to mention he could live in small town America which makes that $750k that much "richer".

Am I an expert on who is rich or who is not? Nope. Am I an expert on finances? Well educated yes expert no. Do I manage 2 banks for a living and see people from all walks of life? Yes I do. Most banks have a wealth dept or "private banking". At my particular instituiton, you qualify if you have a million in investable assets or make over 500k a year. That is top tier banking. Think VIP. A bank would consider him effing rich, but not you? ok......


And who spends the same amount when they retire as they did before? Is he gonna still have a mortgage then, kids colleges, etc? Most likely no. The only thing I agree with you is that he should be saving far more than he is. Still doesn't make him only appear* rich. This is all moot though cause we have both wasted too much time talking about how much some dude may or may not make, but I think you are looking at it wrong.

ajran122 06-05-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frodacious (Post 59905140)
So he didn't say he was retiring right this second so really 20k a year isn't accurate. If he said he was retiring tom and never saving another penny you would have a valid point. But you don't.

Yes, I am young and yes I have many bills. Daycare, close to your 2500 mortgage, a car payment over your couple hundred, cell phone, yada yada yada. 6 mths salary can't last long, your right. But that is considered a good safety net and honestly if you lose your job, how is that NOT gonna hit you financially? Key thing I said was savings account though....As in savings account though. Not 401k, pension, stocks, etc. If you have more than 6 mths salary sitting in your savings account right now earning anywhere from .01% to 1% in today's interest rate enviorment than you are a fool plain and simple unless you are close to retirement.


Here's the deal, if you make 81k you make the average American salary per household. Avg got it? 150+ is considered upper middle class. $750k is considered rich no matter how you slice it or are you telling me roughly 10TIMES the national avg wouldn't put you in upper class? Not to mention he could live in small town America which makes that $750k that much "richer".

Am I an expert on who is rich or who is not? Nope. Am I an expert on finances? Well educated yes expert no. Do I manage 2 banks for a living and see people from all walks of life? Yes I do. Most banks have a wealth dept or "private banking". At my particular instituiton, you qualify if you have a million in investable assets or make over 500k a year. That is top tier banking. Think VIP. A bank would consider him effing rich, but not you? ok......


And who spends the same amount when they retire as they did before? Is he gonna still have a mortgage then, kids colleges, etc? Most likely no. The only thing I agree with you is that he should be saving far more than he is. Still doesn't make him only appear* rich. This is all moot though cause we have both wasted too much time talking about how much some dude may or may not make, but I think you are looking at it wrong.


My point is he is saving very little compared to what he is making unless he's only been making that for a couple years. I don't know how long he's been saving or what he'll have when he retires..but for the current amount he's spending every year he isn't saving nearly enough to continue spending anywhere close to the same in retirement.

6 months is better than nothing but I don't think you should think you have 6 months salary saved and can stop putting money away in case something happens.

I consider someone rich that has a good amount of money saved to continue their lifestyle and be able to have funds left once they pass on. Money coming in that goes right back out falls under high income earner/high spender for me. Would you consider an athlete rich that makes $3 million a year that just filed for bankruptcy and has his house foreclosed on?

If you make $100k a year, saved $25k a year and retire with a million in assets..I think you'll be a lot better off than the guy making $750k a year with only $2m saved. But wealth is relative..I'd be better off being a millionaire in AZ than in NYC.

Yes, we have wasted some time..maybe it will make some people be more responsible and not try to buy things they don't need with money they don't have.

ghostofdavid 06-06-2013 08:00 AM

I wish you guys would focus your energy more towards doing something good for a stranger than debating which one of you is better off. I don't care how much you make. I don't care how much you spent on Gucci wear. You are not your farking khakis.

Quick! Stalker search my history on the things I repped, upvoted or commented on and make yourselves feel superior.

Hug it out, bros.

frodacious 06-06-2013 05:26 PM

.....

tomli777 06-06-2013 06:02 PM

took the craziest poop today. left it in the toilets so my coworkers could see

Lpearson42 06-06-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomli777 (Post 59929458)
took the craziest poop today. left it in the toilets so my coworkers could see

You could be like a guy in my dorm and take pictures on your phone so you can run around showing everyone.

tomli777 06-06-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lpearson42 (Post 59929470)
You could be like a guy in my dorm and take pictures on your phone so you can run around showing everyone.

my college roommate pooped in a cup and left it in the elevators

kablam0r 06-06-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicholas421 (Post 59852442)
$10k purse. I could eat for years at wendy's

http://private.gucci.com/us/style...EPE4T2814#

If you are using Wendy's as part of your analogy, this isn't a purse for you. :bounce:

leleseo 11-21-2013 10:03 PM

$600 for a gucci bags?

persian_mafia 11-21-2013 10:06 PM

:spam3:
Quote:

Originally Posted by leleseo (Post 63584150)
$600 for a gucci bags?

Why are you commenting on a 5 months old thread?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:07 PM.


1999-2014