Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Starbucks: Refreshers Beverages 50% Off (http://slickdeals.net/f/6110452-starbucks-refreshers-beverages-50-off)

sharki69 06-24-2013 09:29 AM

Starbucks: Refreshers Beverages 50% Off

1 Attachment(s)
http://summer.starbucks.com/

Join us for a 3 p.m. Wake Up Call HALF-OFF any handcrafted Starbucks
Refreshers™ Beverage June 27-29, 3-5 p.m.

Steveb3163 06-24-2013 09:29 AM

Starbucks: Refreshers Beverages 50% Off

1 Attachment(s)
Starbucks [Store Locator] are offering 50% Off Starbucks Refreshers Beverages between 3-5PM. Promotion ends June 29th. Thanks sharki69

Xee 06-24-2013 09:51 AM

Never saw the point of these. I ordered it once and got a cup 3/4 full of ice and a liquid that quickly became diluted.

Still, thanks for the post. At this price maybe I'll try it again and ask if they can go easy on the ice.

lantzuh 06-24-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xee (Post 60295672)
Never saw the point of these. I ordered it once and got a cup 3/4 full of ice and a liquid that quickly became diluted.

Still, thanks for the post. At this price maybe I'll try it again and ask if they can go easy on the ice.

all their iced drinks are... 90% ice!

darkNiGHTS 06-24-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

You can always ask for half the ice.

jay_rm 06-24-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkNiGHTS (Post 60296318)
You can always ask for half the ice.

Then you'll get the official quantity and a half empty cup :)

lilprincess 06-24-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay_rm (Post 60296578)

That isn't true. I always order my iced drinks sans ice and the cup is completely full. :)

Thanks OP. I'll check this out.

mypetmeatball 06-24-2013 05:50 PM

I agree that refreshers aren't my favorite, but thanks for posting. I'll give them another shot.

wingsword 06-25-2013 02:49 AM

yeah! just what I need right about now.

pinsomniac 06-25-2013 03:14 AM

Hmm... frappy hour was better, but I'll take it. Thanks OP.

littyboy 06-25-2013 05:21 AM

Quote:

I dont think i've ever been to a starbucks that does that...

Frankentots 06-25-2013 05:34 AM

Overpriced coffee is bad enough but the refreshers taste like koolaid.

I'll complain into my $5 latte instead, thanks.

katiez 06-25-2013 06:03 AM

Since it is Officially Summer-- does anyone know when they will start by a drink in the morning and get a cold drink for $2.00 that same afternoon? Thanks <3

klee13 06-25-2013 06:39 AM

Starbucks raised the prices on their refresher (and on other drinks) this morning nationwide.

Keyser_Soze_09 06-25-2013 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klee13 (Post 60316680)
Starbucks raised the prices on their refresher (and on other drinks) this morning nationwide.

Really? My iced coffee was standard price this morning about an hour ago :rolleyes:

klee13 06-25-2013 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keyser_Soze_09 (Post 60317250)
Really? My iced coffee was standard price this morning about an hour ago :rolleyes:

They didn't raise the prices on everything. Just selected drinks. For example, they raised the price on a tall brewed coffee but not on the same grande or venti size coffee.

auxiliary 06-25-2013 07:27 AM

Quote:

I bet you are right, because they measure everything.

SAN_MARINO 06-25-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

I am with you. I believe I got ripped off w/ the $1 deal (Very Berry Hibiscus) because my drink is so light color two berries and the two young chicks next to me got their drinks with all red w/ ton of berry.

I didn't want to file a complaint against the "PIMP" because I didn't want to increase the unemployment rate.

SAN_MARINO 06-25-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

http://www.zacks.com/stock/news/1...es-reuters

bigballs 06-25-2013 09:23 AM

This is not that good. It is just sugar water juice with few decorations in it.

FreeeStufffer 06-25-2013 10:54 AM

sweet my wife love these guess l will be going everyday now :(

deborahhansen 06-25-2013 06:31 PM

I've never even heard of these... I guess I need to get out more. LOL!

kobe4mvp 06-25-2013 07:01 PM

They have 3 new flavors

ineto 06-26-2013 03:04 AM

yeah! thanks OP.

rollwithit 06-26-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankentots (Post 60315322)
Overpriced coffee is bad enough but the refreshers taste like koolaid.

I'll complain into my $5 latte instead, thanks.

Thanks for the post. OP.

I agree, I don't care for the taste of the refreshers, either. I didn't even bother to drink the canned ones I got for free.

The frappy promo back in May, thumbs up, tho.:nod:

FiendCameron 06-26-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katiez (Post 60315860)
Since it is Officially Summer-- does anyone know when they will start by a drink in the morning and get a cold drink for $2.00 that same afternoon? Thanks <3

I remember seeing something about it. It's coming soon.

squall8960 06-26-2013 09:15 PM

Add tequila to these. They're delicious. Beware, caffeine + alcohol = ?? tasty, refreshing drink on a summer day.

KMan 06-26-2013 09:20 PM

Do these qualify for free refills for registered card holders?

GabeNewell 06-26-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

it was a 1% raise

duguefl 06-26-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMan (Post 60361456)

that would be nice but I doubt it. I like the lime and berry flavors, never tried the orange. BTW, I always order mine with just a little ice, otherwise it tastes like water, maybe someone will find it useful.

tommyvelocity 06-26-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duguefl (Post 60361936)
that would be nice but I doubt it. I like the lime and berry flavors, never tried the orange. BTW, I always order mine with just a little ice, otherwise it tastes like water, maybe someone will find it useful.

I tried the Valencia orange today. It was a little too sweet for me but it had a nice tart to it. The very berry is by far my favorite.

I also order mine "easy on the ice" or "light ice" and it comes out still tasty and full. I tried no ice once and it came out diluted... So light ice is the spot.

CDI 06-27-2013 12:06 AM

I had the lime today, not good.

dbbcooper 06-27-2013 04:48 AM

i wont pay for koolaid..or overpriced coffee.

jivetrky 06-27-2013 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katiez (Post 60315860)

That starts today as well.

shuriken 06-27-2013 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbbcooper (Post 60365260)
i wont pay for koolaid..or overpriced coffee.

me either. that's why i have 9+ months of unlimited free drinks at starbucks and over 5k in gift cards after that runs out. :D

CardnalSyn 06-27-2013 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shuriken (Post 60365636)
me either. that's why i have 9+ months of unlimited free drinks at starbucks and over 5k in gift cards after that runs out. :D

cool story bro

WildChickenDanc 06-27-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Someone made the most of starbucks deals.

bradallaround 06-27-2013 08:41 AM

If you are unsatisfied with the quality of your drink, just ask them to remake it. Any Starbucks partner that cares anything about their job will promptly remake your drink.

Furthermore, you can specify that your drink be made custom with any of the following: light ice, no ice, light water, no water, and extra fruit inclusions (oranges, limes, berries). All of these cost nothing more if correctly rang into the point of sale system.

Rather than complain about the standard recipes which were thought out for both cost and consumer taste, just have them make it how you like it. :-)

-Starbucks partner.

P.S.

Quote:

Seems legit....

nwdave 06-27-2013 09:25 AM

I really like the lime ones. My favorite cold caffeinated drink. I was glad to see the Refreshers stick around.

I know a lot of folks hate on Starbucks and some people in WA boycott them due to Howard Schultz and the Sonics. My personal experience almost every time is great service and good product. No complaints.

slickydoll 06-27-2013 09:33 AM

so how much do they end up being?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradallaround (Post 60369450)

Seems legit....

Yeah, totally. :lol: this dude repeated that free gc a while back deal over and over.

mddong 06-27-2013 10:07 AM

Refereshers are good, especially in 100 degree heat (Sacramento CA). They also have some caffeine.

Sometimes Frapps are too thick and feel too calorific to gulp down.

hale_image 06-27-2013 10:18 AM

thanks op

alibee13 06-27-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mddong (Post 60371834)
Refereshers are good, especially in 100 degree heat (Sacramento CA). They also have some caffeine.

Sometimes Frapps are too thick and feel too calorific to gulp down.

ITA! It's nice to have the caffeine without the coffee/cream heaviness. I haven't seen the orange ones yet, will have to seek one out this afternoon.

ih8myj 06-27-2013 11:28 AM

love these

blinkxzero 06-27-2013 12:17 PM

Thanks OP, these are expensive normally for what they are, but I still find myself ordering them when I want something sweet, but not too sweet and something caffeinated.

They haven't had the orange one at my local store, but I'll check it out today and see if they introduced it with this promo!

gigasoul 06-27-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilprincess (Post 60298906)
That isn't true. I always order my iced drinks sans ice and the cup is completely full. :)

yep.... I order it without ice... AND get a cup of ice on the side. The Baristas never seem to mind.. They know that cup of ice with 6 oz of liquid in it isn't worth FourBucks

Todd803 06-27-2013 12:56 PM

Got the Very Berry one this afternoon. Maybe I got lucky with this one, but anyone that says it is kool-aid is way off. Mine was dark red and I have even put more water in it to water it down. Real fruit and good taste. I am really impressed actually for less than $2. Is it worth $3.50 + tax, not sure.

lilprincess 06-27-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jivetrky (Post 60365614)
That starts today as well.

I haven't heard any announcement. Do you have an advertisement we can reference?

As for the price increase (from the article that was shared):

The prices of some beverages like Grande or Venti brewed coffee, as well as Frappuccino and Refreshers are expected to remain the same. Reuters reported that the price of some of its coffee beverages, for example, a tall brewed coffee, will increase by as much as 10 cents.

solid44nt 06-27-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

All you have to say is, "easy ice!"

Glitternoodle 06-27-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilprincess (Post 60298906)

I just got a Venti Valencia Orange and asked for no ice. I was told I would get the standard amount or I could pay extra since "you're getting double the drink" (or usually you're giving me half the drink). So I just asked for light ice. I think it's YMMV on the no ice thing. As for the drink, it reminds me of Tang. Not a bad thing (since I haven't had it since I was a kid), but I don't think I'd pay full price for this. I think I'll also stick to my overpriced coffee at Starbucks :)

lilprincess 06-27-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glitternoodle (Post 60378062)
I just got a Venti Valencia Orange and asked for no ice. I was told I would get the standard amount or I could pay extra since "you're getting double the drink" (or usually you're giving me half the drink). So I just asked for light ice. I think it's YMMV on the no ice thing. As for the drink, it reminds me of Tang. Not a bad thing (since I haven't had it since I was a kid), but I don't think I'd pay full price for this. I think I'll also stick to my overpriced coffee at Starbucks :)

I wouldn't accept that answer. You can go to McDonald's and order a drink without the ice. However, I would contact Starbucks and inform them of your experience. Especially if you have the receipt or a rewards card. I don't believe that is their policy because it would be enforced in all locations.

However, I was told that they are restricting the use of Trenta cups for Vente purchases. I suppose those multi shot affogato Frapps in a larger cup may be a thing of the past. :)

Tornadochaser 06-27-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Ah thats depressing :( lol I just spent $5.75 on a venti vanilla bean frapp with banana mixed in; they cost a lot but they're so good! But for a glorified milkshake itd be cheaper to go to dairy queen i guess lol

lilprincess 06-27-2013 04:08 PM

I ordered the Very Berry sans ice and extra berries. It is very good. This is a nice way to experiment with other drinks without breaking the bank. My daughter had the Valencia Orange. It's okay, but I couldn't see myself purchasing this.

For fans of the beverage, Costco is offering a $3 dollars saving in its monthly coupon booklet. There's also the option of purchasing the Via packs at your local grocer or Starbucks. They have a coupon booklet with a $1.00 coupon that can be used in or outside the store. If you opt to use it there (SB), purchasing two will net a free item (buy 2 get 1). The latter special ends on 6/30.

shuriken 06-27-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

:crylol: that is the dumbest thing i've ever heard. i almost always order my drinks w/ light ice since they overdo it and have never been refused.

like you, i got the valencia orange too today and ordered it light ice. if they told me to pay extra, i'd laugh in their face....oh wait, all my drinks are free anyway.... :lol:

shuriken 06-27-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornadochaser (Post 60378608)
Ah thats depressing :( lol I just spent $5.75 on a venti vanilla bean frapp with banana mixed in; they cost a lot but they're so good! But for a glorified milkshake itd be cheaper to go to dairy queen i guess lol

i love those strawberry banana vivannos (they call them smoothies now? :dontknow:) w/ a few scoops of matcha. one of my ex's got me hooked on the drink and it's a go-to for me during the summer. it is definitely o/p, but so good.

secret menu items are very good too. with my funds and unlimited rewards, i've been able to try just about every variation out there...and still discovering more. :D

shuriken 06-27-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slickydoll (Post 60370870)
Yeah, totally. :lol: this dude repeated that free gc a while back deal over and over.

:highfive:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradallaround (Post 60369450)

Seems legit....

sorry, did you sleep thru this deal?
http://slickdeals.net/f/5876538-Free-5-Credit-with-First-Time-Card-Registration-New-Starbucks-Rewards-Accounts-Only-Feb-28-Mar-14-2013

blinkxzero 06-27-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

I just got a Venti Valencia Orange ... So I just asked for light ice. As for the drink, it reminds me of Tang.

I got "light ice" Venti Valencia Orange as well. Came out to $1.98 total, which actually is a good price (where it should always be priced).

Anyway, my coworker and I both got one and we both said the EXACT same thing you said, "reminds me of Tang" -- not a terrible thing but not what I was expecting.

I actually really like the Berry one (red) and was going to order it, but I decided I would "forever question my decision" unless I tried the orange one at least once.

If anyone is interested in trying these and is on the fence, the Red one is the best one IMO! I like the "light ice" idea too, makes the drink feel a little more "full" (been getting these randomly and never tried light ice).

lovegooddeal 06-27-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Exactly! This is THE reason why Starbucks keeps doing this so-called 50% thing. For what they are selling, it does NOT worth 50 cents! This really boost up their profit!

Last time I bought a large size of white chocolate Mocha at 50% off, cost at $2.40 after tax. In that 20oz cup, they filled 16 oz of Ice cube! and I ONLY sucked 4 small mouthful of watered down Mocha, then all it left was ice cube. What a scam! I complained to the Starbucks, and they told they relayed my complain to the store where I bought. What is the point of that?

NEVER buy ANY ice drink from them! ALL they are selling is ice cubes, at the gold price.

calwatch 06-28-2013 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMan (Post 60361456)

Not for the refresher, BUT you can switch to iced tea, iced coffee, or even a warm drink (which would actually be more expensive than the refresher). http://www.starbucksmelody.com/20...starbucks/
http://customerservice.starbucks..../a_id/1882

05Aucrarsx 06-28-2013 12:46 AM

i like my $1 sweet tea from McDonald better

escapingreality 06-28-2013 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shuriken (Post 60381124)
i love those strawberry banana vivannos (they call them smoothies now? :dontknow:) w/ a few scoops of matcha. one of my ex's got me hooked on the drink and it's a go-to for me during the summer. it is definitely o/p, but so good.

secret menu items are very good too. with my funds and unlimited rewards, i've been able to try just about every variation out there...and still discovering more. :D

wtf you still have money from that deal

behrboy 06-28-2013 06:27 AM

Could you please change the title of post to "Starbucks Haters Unite"? If you don't like prices or products of an establishment, no one forces you to go there.

That said, we tried the new orange flavor and reminded us both of Tang. Not our favorite, but it was 100 degrees out so it was indeed refreshing as the name implies.

dewayneecho 06-29-2013 05:23 AM

Quote:

Didn't see this at my Starbucks. Better go in today and check it out.

ghitz 06-29-2013 11:12 AM

nasty nasty drinks. Colored water for $4 regularily

sweet_sarah 06-29-2013 11:17 AM

these drinks didnt impress me at all..... not worth it

jiggytom 06-29-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweet_sarah (Post 60413338)
these drinks didnt impress me at all..... not worth it

Standing in line for one now. Good timing while being at the mall.

lilprincess 07-05-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Update.

I had a conversation with my barista a week ago when I ordered an iced coffee without the ice. She indicated that she attempted to do the same at another location and was told she would have to pay more since she's receiving twice the amount. And she's an employee! In all fairness to you it appears the allowance is ymmv. :)

wario76 07-05-2013 04:50 PM

Even though they have other drinks i do like, these colored water drinks are not all that great.

zodolyk 07-06-2013 05:35 AM

Woho! I'm beginning to love summer again. What a hot summer it has beem...