Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   BenQ W1070 1080P 3D Home Theater Projector - $869.00 @ Amazon (http://slickdeals.net/f/6129110-benq-w1070-1080p-3d-home-theater-projector-869-00-amazon)

efto 07-03-2013 02:30 AM

BenQ W1070 1080P 3D Home Theater Projector - $869.00 @ Amazon
 
2 Attachment(s)
BenQ W1070 1080P 3D Home Theater Projector - $869.00 @ Amazon

lowest price ever

link [amazon.com]

wikipost 07-03-2013 02:30 AM

This post can and should be edited by users like you :)
 
This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.

Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.

undermined 07-03-2013 02:35 AM

same price over at B&H too:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/pro...s_xga.html

very good projector for the money

bereader 07-03-2013 07:22 AM

lowest price ever according to the Camel. Good deal on a great starter projector! Although with the way the price has been falling, it may be down to $800 by the end of summer. All depends on when you need it.

FYI, if anyone is wondering if they should get a screen or pain a wall, here's a fantastic article [projectorcentral.com]on how to make a projection wall for $100.

kovy 07-03-2013 07:23 AM

I have this projector. It's pretty good. Be aware that the fan makes a decent amount of noise. Also, it's not good for SBS MKV 3D files. It has a limit on the resolutions that it will enable 3d for. You have to do 1080i 60hz to enable SBS 3D.

Also black levels aren't great. Compounded by my high gain screen, making black levels pretty crappy.

pokymon 07-03-2013 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kovy (Post 60479510)
I have this projector. It's pretty good. Be aware that the fan makes a decent amount of noise. Also, it's not good for SBS MKV 3D files. It has a limit on the resolutions that it will enable 3d for. You have to do 1080i 60hz to enable SBS 3D.

Also black levels aren't great. Compounded by my high gain screen, making black levels pretty crappy.

Thanks for your review. I was about to jump, now I am thinking of getting Acer H6510BD.

tvbi 07-03-2013 07:51 AM

:( Amazon refund the difference for my order yesterday when it was $886 so they won't do it again for me at this price.

JKDon 07-03-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kovy (Post 60479510)
I have this projector. It's pretty good. Be aware that the fan makes a decent amount of noise. Also, it's not good for SBS MKV 3D files. It has a limit on the resolutions that it will enable 3d for. You have to do 1080i 60hz to enable SBS 3D.

Also black levels aren't great. Compounded by my high gain screen, making black levels pretty crappy.

Hows non-3D experience . I am not sure i will watch lots of 3D. If its decent for 2D and no noise during 2D then wouldnt be bad. Is black level good in 2D or same as 3D?

picasa99 07-03-2013 08:17 AM

Any other place available for the same price where I can leverage Cashback? Discover has 5% cashback if I get it from TigerDirect, but its for $899 on their site. Trying to see if they can price match.

koblu 07-03-2013 08:20 AM

Thanks. PMed my earlier placed order for 896 - 27$back will cover my projector mount cost - sweet!

beldar3648 07-03-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgstewar (Post 60479490)
lowest price ever according to the Camel. Good deal on a great starter projector! Although with the way the price has been falling, it may be down to $800 by the end of summer. All depends on when you need it.

FYI, if anyone is wondering if they should get a screen or pain a wall, here's a fantastic article [projectorcentral.com]on how to make a projection wall for $100.

I would like to paint the wall but is there some sort of material I could use instead and paint that? I guess I could get some sheetrock and just paint that or maybe some plywood? I would like to be able to remove the screen if need be.

I have been looking at this projector for a while but guess I'll wait as I do not need it right away. This is a great sign of the price dropping though.

albert_c 07-03-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efto (Post 60476296)
BenQ W1070 1080P 3D Home Theater Projector - $869.00 @ Amazon

lowest price ever

link [amazon.com]

Actually, the lowest price ever was $866 just a few days ago on Amazon as reported in this thread: http://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=60417422&postcount=47

Quote:

Originally Posted by beldar3648 (Post 60481016)
I would like to paint the wall but is there some sort of material I could use instead and paint that? I guess I could get some sheetrock and just paint that or maybe some plywood? I would like to be able to remove the screen if need be.

I have been looking at this projector for a while but guess I'll wait as I do not need it right away. This is a great sign of the price dropping though.

Everyone uses blackout fabric (used for curtain backing) from Joann Fabrics.

Strmtrper6 07-03-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kovy (Post 60479510)
I have this projector. It's pretty good. Be aware that the fan makes a decent amount of noise. Also, it's not good for SBS MKV 3D files. It has a limit on the resolutions that it will enable 3d for. You have to do 1080i 60hz to enable SBS 3D.

Also black levels aren't great. Compounded by my high gain screen, making black levels pretty crappy.

Wow, that turned me off. Crappy SBS MKV 3D support seems ridiculous.

Guess I'll wait for the inevitable cheap 4k projectors.

ewa8949 07-03-2013 08:54 AM

I have been browsing craigslist for projectors without luck. I need something for my patio for outside so I can watch on a big screen. Obviously light control will suck big time but I care more about watching my shows outside than perfect picture quality but at the same time I don't want to have darker scenes where I can't even make out what is going on.

Would 2000 lumens be enough for brightness? I figure something like this with a meritline pull down screen might be ideal.

PyRo1509 07-03-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by picasa99 (Post 60480656)
Any other place available for the same price where I can leverage Cashback? Discover has 5% cashback if I get it from TigerDirect, but its for $899 on their site. Trying to see if they can price match.

For us in Taxifornia TigerDirect has cashback & No Sales tax. This will be a better deal than amazon. Except for returns.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kovy (Post 60479510)
I have this projector. It's pretty good. Be aware that the fan makes a decent amount of noise. Also, it's not good for SBS MKV 3D files. It has a limit on the resolutions that it will enable 3d for. You have to do 1080i 60hz to enable SBS 3D.

Also black levels aren't great. Compounded by my high gain screen, making black levels pretty crappy.

I have this projector too. I only watch 2D content. I like the projector. I am happy I have it. It has a great short throw. The blacks maybe could be better but it's got a 10,000:1 contrast ratio. Not sure they could get much darker. In a dark room I think the picture is awesome. The wheel on this unit is 144hz which helps with rainbowing. It is miles better than 60hz models.
I do wish the fan was quieter.
TL;DR: I am happy with this projector.

PyRo1509 07-03-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ewa8949 (Post 60481546)
I have been browsing craigslist for projectors without luck. I need something for my patio for outside so I can watch on a big screen. Obviously light control will suck big time but I care more about watching my shows outside than perfect picture quality but at the same time I don't want to have darker scenes where I can't even make out what is going on.

Would 2000 lumens be enough for brightness? I figure something like this with a meritline pull down screen might be ideal.


2000 is not enough.
lumens to perceived brightness isn't linear. 3000 lum doesn't seem to be 50% brighter than 2000lum.
Best I can say is get a projector and try it out.
I have this projector and I have to close my blinds from the street lights outside because it messes with my blacks too much.

dbbcooper 07-03-2013 09:02 AM

you cant continually have buyers remorse and getting price changes if you buy something be satisfied with the price and move on.

scoobydude 07-03-2013 09:04 AM

i bought this yesterday as well, and they just price matched if for me. should be getting it today and am pumped!

JKDon 07-03-2013 09:05 AM

Would newegg price match to 869 then use 10% off that would make it to 869-86.90 = 799.40

bob.bb 07-03-2013 09:15 AM

I just bought this from B&H to save tax:) I hope the black levels are good! my last projector was horrible in dark scenes....

kovy 07-03-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKDon (Post 60480468)
Hows non-3D experience . I am not sure i will watch lots of 3D. If its decent for 2D and no noise during 2D then wouldnt be bad. Is black level good in 2D or same as 3D?

Non 3D is very good when the room is pitch black. Only then are the black levels just decent. A lot of people buy a neutral density 2x filter to make the blacks a little better while supposedly not effecting too much of the contrast or sharpness or otherwise. I bought one and it basically just makes things less bright. Not much difference from lowering brightness in my honest opinion and it effects the shadow details.

I should once again emphasize that I have a 2.4 high gain screen. And that definitely makes the black levels that much worse.

efto 07-03-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albert_c (Post 60481268)
Actually, the lowest price ever was $866 just a few days ago on Amazon as reported in this thread: http://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=60417422&postcount=47

The price posted in that thread was $886, not $866.

picasa99 07-03-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKDon (Post 60481884)
Would newegg price match to 869 then use 10% off that would make it to 869-86.90 = 799.40

I had called them when the price was at $899 on Amazon, they did not. NewEgg does not do price match.

kovy 07-03-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strmtrper6 (Post 60481516)
Wow, that turned me off. Crappy SBS MKV 3D support seems ridiculous.

Guess I'll wait for the inevitable cheap 4k projectors.

I know. That's why I thought I'd mention it. I was pretty shocked. I never thought of even researching because I thought that was standard these days for a 3d projector.

I haven't tried any full bluray 3d yet or and top bottom files for comparison since all of my movies are SBS.

JKDon 07-03-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by picasa99 (Post 60482432)
I had called them when the price was at $899 on Amazon, they did not. NewEgg does not do price match.

IRON egg Guarantee?

Hrshycro 07-03-2013 09:27 AM

I just had my Optoma HD20's factory bulb burn out after 300ish hours... $250 for a new, legit one. I'm thinking about just buying a new projector for that price. Never buying another Optoma again, though. ;(

mychaelp 07-03-2013 09:29 AM

This projector is a steal at this price. A lot of people, including myself have considered it along with the Optoma HD25. Here http://thecreativealternative.com...projector/ they're compared. I still haven't updated my old HD65 and as this price is so low I just might be able to convince my wife we need this upgrade. I can use some of my swagbuck Amazon gift cards to make it even cheaper. Thanks OP for tracking the price and posting the now even lower price. reps

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hrshycro (Post 60482652)
I just had my Optoma HD20's factory bulb burn out after 300ish hours... $250 for a new, legit one. I'm thinking about just buying a new projector for that price. Never buying another Optoma again, though. ;(

I know what you mean... this may be how I convince my wife to let us upgrade to this BenQ. My old HD65 was in the shop twice in the first 6 months, so long that they ended up extending my warranty for me. I love the projector but hated to be without my movie-nights.

mfeuell 07-03-2013 10:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have this projector. It's very good.

Some comments:

1) the fan makes as much/more noise than an xbox 360. You'll only notice the sound when you're turning the projector on though. If you're hypersensitive to it though it has an "eco" mode that is quieter.

2) This thing is a light cannon. I watch movies/play games with all the lights on, or with the blinds open in the middle of the day. It is less washed out than my old 50" LED LCD. That said, the picture is considerably better when you dim the lights.

3) The 3D is better than expected, but requires glasses sold separately at $30 per.

4) I still have not bought a screen yet, it's that bright of an image. I project it onto an off-yellow bumpy wall. I was sure I would need a screen right away.

5) I have it in a smallish room, 12'x14' projecting onto the 14' wall. The image is pretty big.

Attached is a picture of netflix which looks pretty good. Blu-ray pictures look better!

m5blitzer 07-03-2013 10:06 AM

I purchased this from Amazon a while back -

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/...UTF8&psc=1

2500 lumens and it is bright enough with some lingering sunset light on a 12' (or larger - don't have the specs handy) diagonal screen.

albert_c 07-03-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efto (Post 60482424)
The price posted in that thread was $886, not $866.

I stand corrected!

Mine should be arriving any moment now. I also picked up two pairs of the Sainsonic 144hz glasses. The only thing that concerns me is the audible noise. If I can't live with it, it is going back to Amazon.

joeH1974 07-03-2013 10:25 AM

How do the blacks hold up in a dedicated theater room? New house build will have a 13x20 theater room. Was thinking of picking this up with a 120" or 133" screen.

Hrshycro 07-03-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mychaelp (Post 60482724)
I know what you mean... this may be how I convince my wife to let us upgrade to this BenQ. My old HD65 was in the shop twice in the first 6 months, so long that they ended up extending my warranty for me. I love the projector but hated to be without my movie-nights.

Yep... It's only 11 months old, but their bulb warranty is only 90 days. The longer I'm alive, the more I realize you get what you pay for.

mychaelp 07-03-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hrshycro (Post 60484694)
Yep... It's only 11 months old, but their bulb warranty is only 90 days. The longer I'm alive, the more I realize you get what you pay for.

I'm taking that quote. Very true. If only we all could afford to get the best of the best huh?

horn34 07-03-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeH1974 (Post 60484602)
How do the blacks hold up in a dedicated theater room? New house build will have a 13x20 theater room. Was thinking of picking this up with a 120" or 133" screen.

It depends where you plan to mount it. The W1070 is a short throw projector, so you need to use the throw projector calculator first. If you need a longer throw, go with the HD25.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/B...or-pro.htm

http://www.projectorcentral.com/t...ectors.htm

bereader 07-03-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beldar3648 (Post 60481016)
I would like to paint the wall but is there some sort of material I could use instead and paint that? I guess I could get some sheetrock and just paint that or maybe some plywood? I would like to be able to remove the screen if need be.

I have been looking at this projector for a while but guess I'll wait as I do not need it right away. This is a great sign of the price dropping though.

Here's [amazon.com] a DIY screen with blackout cloth and materials all bundled up, sold on Amazon. Great reviews, $40.

gorcorps 07-03-2013 12:27 PM

Man... I really want to jump on this. I've got a pretty good setup in the basement for one and I've been trying to decide between TV and projector. The way it's set up now I won't have as big of an image as some (only ~90" of horizontal room which is ~103" diagonal size) but it still seems to be big enough to warrant a projector over TV. Bah, I've spent far too much money recently.

GCS 07-03-2013 12:40 PM

I put this in place of my 2 year old BenQ W6000 and I am thrilled with the picture quality. Fan noise on this unit sucks though. I sit underneath the projector which is about 8 feet above my head and during quite movie scenes the projector noise is very noticeable.

I use a dedicated 3D BR player for watching 3D BRs but use a Dune player for everything else. Works great and the bang for the buck on this thing is very high.

Got mine a month ago and more than $100 more than this price.

JKDon 07-03-2013 01:02 PM

Hope Optoma HD25 comes cheaper!!!

maademperor 07-03-2013 01:21 PM

wow, this has come crashing down in price...I was really wanting the benq w7000 (horizontal offset would be very handy in my basement) but for almost HALF the price this is tough to ignore.

joeH1974 07-03-2013 02:19 PM

Well, I bit. Damn house won't be done for 4/5 more months, and I already have the projector. Couldn't pass up the lowest price I've seen on it.

albert_c 07-03-2013 02:21 PM

Ordered mine on Sunday and it just came in today. Amazon already refunded the difference (originally purchased for $889). Plugged it in and I must say that the fan noise is well within my tolerances. I can hear it, but it is no where as bad as I expected. Tested out the onboard audio as well since my room isn't set up yet to see how bad the fan would drown out the audio. To be honest, the fan isn't even noticeable with sound and the onboard audio is better than expected. I am sure things will be better once I mount it on the ceiling and it is further away from me than it is now sitting on my coffee table. I would put the noise somewhere between a big loud laptop on the fainter side and an Xbox360 on the louder side. But closer to the X360. What a relief!

It is 2:16pm at the time of this writing and there is plenty of light soaking through my house, and the video is still watchable. WIll spend the rest of the day ceiling mounting it. Can't wait till the sun goes down!

bjohnrini 07-03-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horn34 (Post 60485706)
It depends where you plan to mount it. The W1070 is a short throw projector, so you need to use the throw projector calculator first. If you need a longer throw, go with the HD25.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/B...or-pro.htm

http://www.projectorcentral.com/t...ectors.htm


I believe W1070 is normal throw. 1080ST is the short throw version.

horn34 07-03-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjohnrini (Post 60491932)
I believe W1070 is normal throw. 1080ST is the short throw version.

Read the reviews and the owners thread on avs. Pretty much everyone considers it a short throw projector.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1435626...t-for-1000

Jasiono 07-03-2013 08:00 PM

Does it kick out a true 1080p picture? I hear so many mixed reviews about every projector

undermined 07-03-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasiono (Post 60496360)
Does it kick out a true 1080p picture? I hear so many mixed reviews about every projector

yep, full HD 1080p the only fault on this projector is slightly loud fan, not awesome black levels and it doesn't do 2:2 pulldown.

Not of these are really an issue for the $870 price on a really good 1080p 3D projector.

Plenty bright, fairly accurate out of the box, vertical lens shift, low lag.

Just not another projector that is going to be better at this price.

For the $1200-$1800 price range there are options that might be better, but even a lot of professional reviews talk about $3000-$4000 projectors that do worse for light output or 3D crosstalk.

Here a few reviews in case people want more info:

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/pr...ector.html

http://www.projectorcentral.com/b...review.htm

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/...-projector

http://www.hometheater.com/conten...-projector

hale_image 07-03-2013 11:04 PM

thumbs up

pwdbyndroid 07-04-2013 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GCS (Post 60488326)
I put this in place of my 2 year old BenQ W6000 and I am thrilled with the picture quality. Fan noise on this unit sucks though. I sit underneath the projector which is about 8 feet above my head and during quite movie scenes the projector noise is very noticeable.

I use a dedicated 3D BR player for watching 3D BRs but use a Dune player for everything else. Works great and the bang for the buck on this thing is very high.

Got mine a month ago and more than $100 more than this price.

I have a W6000. Are you suggesting that this is better (for almost half the price)? Or did something happen to your W6000?

Jasiono 07-04-2013 06:32 AM

Sweet! Thanks for that. Ill browse through those websites. I've wanted one for the basement for a long time now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by undermined (Post 60498924)
yep, full HD 1080p the only fault on this projector is slightly loud fan, not awesome black levels and it doesn't do 2:2 pulldown.

Not of these are really an issue for the $870 price on a really good 1080p 3D projector.

Plenty bright, fairly accurate out of the box, vertical lens shift, low lag.

Just not another projector that is going to be better at this price.

For the $1200-$1800 price range there are options that might be better, but even a lot of professional reviews talk about $3000-$4000 projectors that do worse for light output or 3D crosstalk.

Here a few reviews in case people want more info:

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/pr...ector.html

http://www.projectorcentral.com/b...review.htm

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/...-projector

http://www.hometheater.com/conten...-projector


guyland123 07-04-2013 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PyRo1509 (Post 60481550)
For us in Taxifornia TigerDirect has cashback & No Sales tax. This will be a better deal than amazon. Except for returns.



I have this projector too. I only watch 2D content. I like the projector. I am happy I have it. It has a great short throw. The blacks maybe could be better but it's got a 10,000:1 contrast ratio. Not sure they could get much darker. In a dark room I think the picture is awesome. The wheel on this unit is 144hz which helps with rainbowing. It is miles better than 60hz models.
I do wish the fan was quieter.
TL;DR: I am happy with this projector.

I didn't realize this projector would work at close distances, figured I would have to get the
BenQ W1080ST, since my TV room isn't that deep. What is the shortest distance this thing will work from.

PyRo1509 07-04-2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guyland123 (Post 60501882)
I didn't realize this projector would work at close distances, figured I would have to get the
BenQ W1080ST, since my TV room isn't that deep. What is the shortest distance this thing will work from.

I am throwing a 150" at 15'.
It can throw a 207" image at 15'
The HD22 only did around 140" at 15'

Flyingboat 07-04-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by picasa99 (Post 60480656)
Any other place available for the same price where I can leverage Cashback? Discover has 5% cashback if I get it from TigerDirect, but its for $899 on their site. Trying to see if they can price match.

Bestbuy will price match and you can get 5% cashback along with BB rewardzone points. You do have tax though, so it is a bit of a wash.

BB won't pricematch this last offer with me, so I may need to return to BB and order from Amazon.

terminal33 07-04-2013 12:52 PM

Went to BB this morning and price matched Amazon for $869. I put it on my BB card to take advantage of the RZ points 18 month financing. I'm glad I have 60 days to return it too.

GCS 07-04-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwdbyndroid (Post 60501482)
I have a W6000. Are you suggesting that this is better (for almost half the price)? Or did something happen to your W6000?


My response to this is yes for the most part.

Nothing happened to my W6000. I was quite pleased with it for the 2+ years I had it. The picture was never as sharp as I would have preferred but it was a stellar projector.

The 1080 has a nice sharp picture, good color, bright picture (120" screen for me). The fan noise is much noisier than I would like but for $1000 or less I am honestly not sure it can be beat.

I would recommend you pick one up and try it out.

It will have be mounted MUCH closer to your screen than the W6000 though.

Greg

undermined 07-05-2013 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guyland123 (Post 60501882)
I didn't realize this projector would work at close distances, figured I would have to get the
BenQ W1080ST, since my TV room isn't that deep. What is the shortest distance this thing will work from.

it isn't specifically as short throw projector, it is just that compared to others in the same price range and spec, it doesn't need as much throw distance so it is sorta an in between range.

if you need more detailed ranges check here:

http://www.projectorcentral.com/B...or-pro.htm

just plug in you throw distance and from there you can see all the options and light-output

kaabob 07-05-2013 02:32 AM

Practically useless 5% vertical lens shift (via screwdriver) and NO horizontal lens shift is a no-go for me.

Other than that, value for price is not bad

The newer model is coming out soon

I'd prefer a refurb Epson 8350

ALS 07-05-2013 03:17 AM

Thinking of pulling the trigger, to replace an Epson 6500UB - Anyone know if this will be a downgrade in picture quality, black levels and brightness from that? Will I have buyer's remorse?

I bought the 6500UB because it was very highly regarded, and in its day carried obviously a much higher MSRP -- But has this one surpassed it?

guyland123 07-05-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaabob (Post 60515506)
Practically useless 5% vertical lens shift (via screwdriver) and NO horizontal lens shift is a no-go for me.

Other than that, value for price is not bad

The newer model is coming out soon

I'd prefer a refurb Epson 8350

Was looking at 8350 also, but couldn't find a decent price on one.
Actually amazon shows the 8345 as a new model for the 8350, but it appears
to have some lower specs.

Where did you find a refurb 8350, and why not the 8345 (released May 2013)

kaabob 07-05-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guyland123 (Post 60519050)
Was looking at 8350 also, but couldn't find a decent price on one.
Actually amazon shows the 8345 as a new model for the 8350, but it appears
to have some lower specs.

Where did you find a refurb 8350, and why not the 8345 (released May 2013)

http://www.visualapex.com/Epson/P...ema-8350-R

VisualApex, and some other CA-tax free sites.

I didn't even know there was a 8345 released... it has less impressive specs but prob showed up on amazon recently as it was available from futureshop.ca back in 2011
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1340391/epson-8345

turbodog 07-08-2013 07:35 AM

Bought at $899, will amazon price adjust now that it's out of stock at $869....?

turbodog 07-08-2013 07:50 AM

They did -

Quote:

Me:Something I Ordered > I have a problem with the order - pricing

Hi


XXXXX: Hello . My name is XXXXX.I'm here for whatever questions or concerns you have. I'll do everything I can to help you.


Me:Hi, I purchased a BenQ W1070 for $899 recently and just saw that the price dropped to $869 on both your website and B&H. Is it possible to get a price adjustment or store credit?


XXXXX:I'd be happy to help you with your inquiry.May I have the order number so I may check on the order details?


Me:Sure - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX


XXXXX:Thank you and Would you mind waiting for a couple of minutes 2-3 while I look into this for you?


Me:ok, thank you


XXXXX: Turbodog, Thanks for waiting I recognize you have a choice of retailers and appreciate that you prefer to order from us. Since the price of the item has changed within seven days of the delivery of the order,I will issue a refund for the price difference of $30.97,

Would you mind waiting for a couple of minutes 2-3 while I process into this for you?


Me:Yes, that is excellent and very much appriciated, thank you!


XXXXX:Great. Let me go ahead and process that for you.Please give me a couple of minutes.

terminal33 07-09-2013 06:27 PM

Best Buy has now matched Amazon's price of $876.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:37 AM.


1999-2014