Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Refurbished Samsung Google Nexus 10 10" 32 GB Android 4.2 JellyBean Wi-Fi Tablet - Black ~ $350 + FS @ eBay Daily Deal (http://slickdeals.net/f/6148438-refurbished-samsung-google-nexus-10-10-32-gb-android-4-2-jellybean-wi-fi-tablet-black-350-fs-ebay-daily-deal)

gabe23111 07-12-2013 09:11 AM

Refurbished Samsung Google Nexus 10 10" 32 GB Android 4.2 JellyBean Wi-Fi Tablet - Black ~ $350 + FS @ eBay Daily Deal

1 Attachment(s)
Link [ebay.com]

wikipost 07-12-2013 09:11 AM

This post can and should be edited by users like you :)

just a warning this seller is very flakey about returns!!!
they will try to tell you they have a 15% restocking fee.

....even tho their return policy is...

Quote:

After receiving the item, contact seller within 30 days
Refund will be given as Money back or item exchange (buyer's choice)
Buyer pays return shipping

Return policy details
You may return an item to us for a refund or a replacement, provided that the procedures and requirements referred to in our Warrant/Return policy are followed. All product returns require a return merchandise authorization number (RMA). A RMA number must be issued within 30 calendar days after the date of purchase; it will be valid for 14 calendar days after it is issued. For further detail, see the Auction Polices section of our ad for complete warranty and return information.
For shipping, they stuff the box into a Priority Mail envelope with zero packing to protect it.

NUKO, Inc (whoever that is) does the refurbing it appears. http://www.beforeireturnthis.com/...2/Nuko-USA

hughjaas 07-12-2013 09:26 AM

Nice!

cnovamd 07-12-2013 09:58 AM

That for a refurb at this point is to much to me, the new ones are right around the corner.

nightanole 07-12-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnovamd (Post 60651196)
That for a refurb at this point is to much to me, the new ones are right around the corner.

Sauce? The 7 is getting a small refresh in oct/nov. No news on the 10 refresh till 2014. I can see why with the worthless refresh of the galaxy tabs.

MetalGOnlinePro 07-12-2013 10:41 AM

Just bought a galaxy note 8.0, should I return it and wait for the new nexus 7 or 10? Still undecided =/.

tnynyn 07-12-2013 10:42 AM

Anyone bought one of these nexus refurbs before? Just wanted to see if there were any issues (scratches on screen, body, etc...)

endlesscash 07-12-2013 10:45 AM

Have the Nexus 10, TF700T, and multiple Ipdas incl Ipad4-128. My go to is the Nexus, the colors are bland vs the Ipad4 and especially the TF700 which has the very best tablet screen out there. The largest TF700 issue is the slow I/O caused by the memory Asus chose to use, causing lag in many operations. I even have is rooted with cromiX. So I use the Nexus 10 and yes, the extra resolution it has over the other two is evident in photos and games. Epoch comes to mind.
The Nexus 10 is far from perfect, and my perfect tablet would be the Asus with better memory chips, but for now it is tough to beat the Nexus. The Ipad4 is also very nice and does have better battery, but IOS is downright Pinto boring.

bob19740 07-12-2013 10:48 AM

9.5% Wa TAX.. pass

munboy 07-12-2013 10:50 AM

Ehh not enough of a discount for a refurb when they are still $399 new. Hopefully it is refreshed soon.

Knighthawke 07-12-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munboy (Post 60652176)
Ehh not enough of a discount for a refurb when they are still $399 new. Hopefully it is refreshed soon.

Ah the 16GB version is $399 new...this is the 32GB version which is $499 new.

And would you know it...my luck....bought from another seller on ebay not less then 5 MINUTES before this popped up for $399. What timing. Trying to cancel that other auction and bought this as well.

dealbaker 07-12-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Ehh not enough of a discount for a refurb when they are still $399 new.

Yeah, for $299 I'd bite but this is too close to retail (16GB retail, which is all I need) and too close to a new model debut.

Plus the ebay seller's feedback isn't fantastic. A lot of people complain about slow shipping.

Knighthawke 07-12-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnovamd (Post 60651196)

No 10in new ones "around the corner". Get your facts straight. Only the lesser speced Nexus 7 will be updated soon.

contemporer5 07-12-2013 11:06 AM

i pass this time. already bought new asus tablet a month ago. but this one has tempted me too...

AznCracker 07-12-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knighthawke (Post 60652346)
Ah the 16GB version is $399 new...this is the 32GB version which is $499 new.

dunno why companies charge $100 more for more storage space. it should only cost them like $10-20 more for that flash memory,

Dajinn 07-12-2013 11:08 AM

I think what he meant by "right around the corner" is that 50 bucks off wasn't much when the 16GB can be had new for 399.

hughjaas 07-12-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by endlesscash (Post 60652066)
Have the Nexus 10, TF700T, and multiple Ipdas incl Ipad4-128. My go to is the Nexus, the colors are bland vs the Ipad4 and especially the TF700 which has the very best tablet screen out there. The largest TF700 issue is the slow I/O caused by the memory Asus chose to use, causing lag in many operations. I even have is rooted with cromiX. So I use the Nexus 10 and yes, the extra resolution it has over the other two is evident in photos and games. Epoch comes to mind.
The Nexus 10 is far from perfect, and my perfect tablet would be the Asus with better memory chips, but for now it is tough to beat the Nexus. The Ipad4 is also very nice and does have better battery, but IOS is downright Pinto boring.

I agree. I also have the Asus TF700 and the screen is really nice, but overall it is a dog. The speakers (actually 'speaker' - only 1 horrible mono on the back) are what put me in the market for a Nexus 10. I was literally just about to pull the trigger on a refurb Note 10.1 at Walmart for almost this same price with tax.

Not sure what they can do to improve on it, so I'm in for 1.

tnynyn 07-12-2013 11:10 AM

399 for the 16GB new. This is the 32GB which goes for 499 new

recklessk 07-12-2013 11:10 AM

Woulda pull the trigger, but I just used up all my ebay bucks on something that I didn't really want. Good price, but I feel a new version is just around the corner.

algorhythm 07-12-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AznCracker (Post 60652600)
dunno why companies charge $100 more for more storage space. it should only cost them like $10-20 more for that flash memory,

If the price difference was that small they wouldn't have people buying the lower-end. With such a larger price gap you get two kinds of consumers: ones who just want the lowest-end and then the ones who are willing to pay for more storage space. The ones who don't care will likely go to the cheaper one and the ones that do are willing to spend the money according to their research.

BestDealer83 07-12-2013 11:46 AM

$299 and I would bite maybe... Remember this is a Dual Core processor{Yes it beats some Quad Core's} but a dual core is still a dual core. They were offering the Note 10.1 with a Quad Core for $299.
Pass.

BestDealer83 07-12-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightanole (Post 60651460)
Sauce? The 7 is getting a small refresh in oct/nov. No news on the 10 refresh till 2014. I can see why with the worthless refresh of the galaxy tabs.

I dont know where u are getting ur twisted facts but the New Nexus 7 is going to be announced and available for ordering in the next week or two.

FAL 07-12-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Yeah, Asus tablets use Slow Class SSD at half the speed of other tablets. Only the ASUS Nexus 7 has decent IO speeds. The best way to speed up the ASUS tablets to wait for Android 4.2.2 and use Dolphin Mini. Your get close to zero scroll stutter,but still some page load tiling.

With the Nexus 10,4,7 you can change the color values to your liking since Google likes to set dull color setting on their devices. So increase the sat. and contrast values.

BestDealer83 07-12-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalGOnlinePro (Post 60651982)
Just bought a galaxy note 8.0, should I return it and wait for the new nexus 7 or 10? Still undecided =/.

Definitely return it, but if you still have time to play around with it until the new nexus 7 will be released which shouldnt be that long{by end of this month} - then keep it, and once the new nexus 7 is out - return it{that is if u didnt pass the window of returning it back to the store where you bought it from}.

sensui0000 07-12-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tnynyn (Post 60651992)
Anyone bought one of these nexus refurbs before? Just wanted to see if there were any issues (scratches on screen, body, etc...)

I own one of these refurbs and it has been almost 3 months without issues. They made this look like brand new and even had a certificate and its own unique serial number to claim service or warranty if needed.

ilikemoneys 07-12-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

XPERIA Tablet Z has the best screen by far on any tablet I have owned or used extensively. That includes the Tablet Z, Nexus 10, Galaxy Tab 10.1, TF700T, Nexus 7, Ipad 3 and 4, Galaxy Note 10.1, and Ipad Mini. It is the most responsive and functional tablet I have owned, including the TF700T. I loved that tablet, but the I/O issues drove me crazy. My Tablet Z is amazing. I just wish it weren't $500. In my opinion, 10'' tablets are way overpriced in general.

bagwell 07-12-2013 01:35 PM

just a warning this seller is very flakey about returns!!!
they will try to tell you they have a 15% restocking fee.

vshun 07-12-2013 01:39 PM

Bought refurbished version back in April for $440, really like it. Good deal.

cnovamd 07-12-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knighthawke (Post 60652506)
No 10in new ones "around the corner". Get your facts straight. Only the lesser speced Nexus 7 will be updated soon.

expect them by Mid Septemberish ;) and no I will not show you anything to verify this.

Dajinn 07-12-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAL (Post 60653840)
Yeah, Asus tablets use Slow Class SSD at half the speed of other tablets. Only the ASUS Nexus 7 has decent IO speeds. The best way to speed up the ASUS tablets to wait for Android 4.2.2 and use Dolphin Mini. Your get close to zero scroll stutter,but still some page load tiling.

With the Nexus 10,4,7 you can change the color values to your liking since Google likes to set dull color setting on their devices. So increase the sat. and contrast values.

The Nexus 7 is not exempt either, it too actually is a piece of garbage.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/s...?t=2106763

eugenile 07-12-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikemoneys (Post 60654468)
XPERIA Tablet Z has the best screen by far on any tablet I have owned or used extensively. That includes the Tablet Z, Nexus 10, Galaxy Tab 10.1, TF700T, Nexus 7, Ipad 3 and 4, Galaxy Note 10.1, and Ipad Mini. It is the most responsive and functional tablet I have owned, including the TF700T. I loved that tablet, but the I/O issues drove me crazy. My Tablet Z is amazing. I just wish it weren't $500. In my opinion, 10'' tablets are way overpriced in general.

Quote:

i have the tablet z, i love that its water proof dust proof. microsd, super thin..

would like to put CM on it, but therse still some bugs. it was no question becuase i only got it for $300 thanks to sony rewards.

i really do love the asus and i like the hardware attached keyboard instead of bluetooth.a lso expanding battery life. but the fact that it just SLOW compared to the rest. maybe in asus' next offering .

i need a smart cover with bt keyboard or something for the tablet z.

only wish the tablet z had a flash on the back so i can use it as a flashlight or flash for camera. and that it vibrated.

gakkuken 07-12-2013 02:10 PM

I'm already debating on getting the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, which have quad-core, but lower screen resolution..... which one to get???

any opinion is greatly appreciated.

bagwell 07-12-2013 02:25 PM

don't forget there's ZERO accessories available for the Nexus 10 from Google....oh sorry, they offer 1 case that's it....gotta go aftermarket if you want anything else.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gakkuken (Post 60656598)
I'm already debating on getting the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, which have quad-core, but lower screen resolution..... which one to get???

no SD card reader on the Nexus 10 is a dealbreaker for me....how dumb is that? and I've cursed apple for not including the sd card reader as well.

endlesscash 07-12-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

I'm going to check out the Xperia Z, the drop in resolution I can live with if the rest of the tablet is in true Android form. I have used color programs with the Nexus 10, but even so, can't touch the TF700, especially with it's IPS+ mode which is very bright yet still with great color.

endlesscash 07-12-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bagwell (Post 60656894)
don't forget there's ZERO accessories available for the Nexus 10 from Google....oh sorry, they offer 1 case that's it....gotta go aftermarket if you want anything else.

no SD card reader on the Nexus 10 is a dealbreaker for me....how dumb is that? and I've cursed apple for not including the sd card reader as well.

Case offerings are about as good as your getting for Android. The very one thing about iPads I love are the available of accessories. The Seido Active case on my iPad4 is awesome. Now I have a 360 brown leather case for the Nexus. It's nice. For the TF700 I had the two tone Caseen red/black case which I really did like.

I do agree about the lack of memory on the Nexus also. I had a ton of movies on the sdcard and microsd card. But the 32gb does fine for me and I have plenty of apps with photos and a few movies I will actually watch. Then I have everything else on Dropbox with 60+gb which I received when buying my Note II.

royial 07-12-2013 03:11 PM

why not the 16GB for 250$?

Knighthawke 07-12-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

True dat...

Bought a few accessories today in readiness for the tablet (of which I just got a tracking number).

Bought this Pogo charger

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370817166...1497.l2649

A recommended travel/home charger

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/...UTF8&psc=1

And this Poetic case

Got the one I paid $399, not more than 10 min before this got posted refunded and cancelled so I'm happy about that!

ilikemoneys 07-12-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by endlesscash (Post 60657258)
I'm going to check out the Xperia Z, the drop in resolution I can live with if the rest of the tablet is in true Android form. I have used color programs with the Nexus 10, but even so, can't touch the TF700, especially with it's IPS+ mode which is very bright yet still with great color.

I rarely used the IPS+ mode on my TF700T. 400 nits was more than enough even outdoors for me. I do miss my keyboard dock but that is why I have a laptop. As a pure tablet, the XPERIA Z is by far my favorite. The remote app controls all my electronic devices with 90 to 100% function of a dedicated remote. The mini apps are really useful for multitasking. I do wish there was a multi screen mode like my Note 10.1 had. It feels a little different than pure android on my N10 and N7 but is actually better in many ways in my opinion. The drop in resolution is barely noticeable but the increase in color accuracy and better black levels is extremely noticeable.

ilikemoneys 07-12-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eugenile (Post 60656554)
i have the tablet z, i love that its water proof dust proof. microsd, super thin..

would like to put CM on it, but therse still some bugs. it was no question becuase i only got it for $300 thanks to sony rewards.

i really do love the asus and i like the hardware attached keyboard instead of bluetooth.a lso expanding battery life. but the fact that it just SLOW compared to the rest. maybe in asus' next offering .

i need a smart cover with bt keyboard or something for the tablet z.

only wish the tablet z had a flash on the back so i can use it as a flashlight or flash for camera. and that it vibrated.

I could definitely use vibration and flash would be useful.
The fact that it is as easy to hold and use as even the best 7'' tablets is what really makes it such a great tablet though. I do wish they put in a snapdragon 600 or 800 instead of the S4 Pro.

menace33 07-12-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Nexus 10 without a doubt. Better processor and graphics hands down. The Note is far cheaper but admittedly you get what you pay for. Go with the lesser price if you don't think the lesser specs will bother you.

BestDealer83 07-12-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

If you dont mind it being a 7 inch tablet - wait for the new nexus 7 - full hd screen + quad core processor 2 cameras at $199 to $220 - should be out before end of this month.

smartdeals 07-12-2013 06:30 PM

waiting for $250

gakkuken 07-12-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by menace33 (Post 60661080)
Nexus 10 without a doubt. Better processor and graphics hands down. The Note is far cheaper but admittedly you get what you pay for. Go with the lesser price if you don't think the lesser specs will bother you.

thanks, but the Note have a quad-core (the samsung tab is dual core) and this nexus is just a dual-core processor.

Sammich 07-12-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

9.5% Wa TAX.. pass
Ouch! you would think by now that heavy online purchaser's would ship to their PO box in Oregon. Even with the forwarding fees youve got to pay less than 9.5%

Quote:

thanks, but the Note have a quad-core (the samsung tab is dual core) and this nexus is just a dual-core processor.
Doesnt the nexus have a sexy video card in it? Tegra something for fast paced shooters and what not?

Kingram 07-12-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

The 32gb is $499

Kingram 07-12-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gakkuken (Post 60661426)

Compare the resolution for note vs Nexux and Nexus blows it away Note -1280 x 800 -
Nexus 2650 x 1600

menace33 07-12-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Duly noted. Then if not processing power then screen, then screen and resolution. I'm sure there are quite a few reviews of the N10 vs Note out there on the web.

Kingram 07-12-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knighthawke (Post 60658798)
True dat...

Bought a few accessories today in readiness for the tablet (of which I just got a tracking number).

Bought this Pogo charger

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370817166...1497.l2649

A recommended travel/home charger

And this Poetic case

Got the one I paid $399, not more than 10 min before this got posted refunded and cancelled so I'm happy about that!

I just ordered one also, why the extra chargers , are they better than the
included chargers?

ilikemoneys 07-12-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Quad core Arm cortex a9 vs dual core arm cortex a15. The exynos 5 in the Nexus 10 beats the quad core exynos 4 in every category. It is like comparing a dual core i3 to a quad core a8.

NateRules 07-12-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

The Note all the way, The S pen makes up for the lower resolution and then some, plus expandable storage.

sfo_giants 07-12-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikemoneys (Post 60662698)
Quad core Arm cortex a9 vs dual core arm cortex a15. The exynos 5 in the Nexus 10 beats the quad core exynos 4 in every category. It is like comparing a dual core i3 to a quad core a8.

that's not true , look at engadget review of nexus, note 10.1 beats it in almost every category. not to name note 8.0 is still better. this A15 is mostly the early prototype.

FAL 07-13-2013 12:46 AM

Quote:

The Nexus 10 aren't selling well. Its really rare in the wild since Google isn't selling at nearly half the price of an iPhone 5 and iPad Mini.

No SD reader is ploy to make you buy another device in 2 years,but the 32GB on the Nexus 10 is ultra fast compared to the Asus TF700 IO issues. I rather have fast IO storage speed with 1600p than a slow tablet with an SD reader. Android makers like to cut corners if you know what I mean.

Knighthawke 07-13-2013 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingram (Post 60662690)
I just ordered one also, why the extra chargers , are they better than the
included chargers?

Yes definitely. The Nexus 10, as I have read, is a bit slow to charge up with the stock charger. You get the POGO charger, and I think you charge about 25% faster. The ones I ordered were specifically mentioned in online "best in quality" columns discussing 3rd party nexus

Knighthawke 07-13-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NateRules (Post 60663788)
The Note all the way, The S pen makes up for the lower resolution and then some, plus expandable storage.

I laughed when I read THIS. If you think the S Pen makes up for 2011 style graphics and the extra bloatware on the tablet....fine.

Only way I would agree with you is if you are a student or worker which REALLY needs the capabilities of the pen. I think most people who go on about the pen, other then those I speak of, won't really use it after the first month. To each his own....but thanks for the laugh.

sklar 07-13-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AznCracker (Post 60652600)

Easy, by leaving out the sd card slot, they can charge $100 extra and get you to buy a new device for big bucks when you use that up.

I loaded up an ipad 2 16gb full with just apps and then had to delete some apps to get others on it. No more tablets without SD card slots for me, ever.

Knighthawke 07-13-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sklar (Post 60671498)
Easy, by leaving out the sd card slot, they can charge $100 extra and get you to buy a new device for big bucks when you use that up.

I loaded up an ipad 2 16gb full with just apps and then had to delete some apps to get others on it. No more tablets without SD card slots for me, ever.

Before making that bold statement.....it may depend on what you "know" you will use. And, no, I'm not including those who like to load tons of pics and videos. But after a few years of using tablets...you should "know" by now what your comfort level is for needing space.

For me...'16gb" probably would be fine....but I will grow. Which is why I doubled my expectation and went for this 32GB version.

And yes...within two years I will most likely upgrade.......but then again...who won't? My purchase is based on "Will I be fine with space/performance for the next 6 months to a year?"

sklar 07-13-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knighthawke (Post 60671566)
Before making that bold statement.....it may depend on what you "know" you will use. And, no, I'm not including those who like to load tons of pics and videos. But after a few years of using tablets...you should "know" by now what your comfort level is for needing space.

For me...'16gb" probably would be fine....but I will grow. Which is why I doubled my expectation and went for this 32GB version.

And yes...within two years I will most likely upgrade.......but then again...who won't? My purchase is based on "Will I be fine with space/performance for the next 6 months to a year?"

With an SD card slot, I don't need to guess at what my storage requirements will be six months or a year from now.

And I upgrade electronics when I have to, and the ipad 2 was fine for its needs, just not enough storage and no way to upgrade it.

Plus the inability to load stuff onto an sd card on a pc and stick it in or swap it with other people (music, movies, etc) is worth picking a model that has it. Maybe not for you, but for me and many others.

If this was stupid cheap that'd be one thing, but its not.

Knighthawke 07-13-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sklar (Post 60671650)
With an SD card slot, I don't need to guess at what my storage requirements will be six months or a year from now.

And I upgrade electronics when I have to, and the ipad 2 was fine for its needs, just not enough storage and no way to upgrade it.

Plus the inability to load stuff onto an sd card on a pc and stick it in or swap it with other people (music, movies, etc) is worth picking a model that has it. Maybe not for you, but for me and many others.

If this was stupid cheap that'd be one thing, but its not.

In other words..you are CLUELESS what your requirements are. Don't blame that on any manufacturer. If you don't even KNOW yourself and your own uses....maybe you should not even buy anything.

Oh and tossing the name of "ipad 2" in there was a nice laugh

Lastly if you are THAT ignorant of how to move stuff around WITHOUT an SD card...maybe you want a Leapster instead of a tablet

sklar 07-13-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knighthawke (Post 60671718)
In other words..you are CLUELESS what your requirements are. Don't blame that on any manufacturer. If you don't even KNOW yourself and your own uses....maybe you should not even buy anything.

Oh and tossing the name of "ipad 2" in there was a nice laugh

Lastly if you are THAT ignorant of how to move stuff around WITHOUT an SD card...maybe you want a Leapster instead of a tablet

Thanks for letting me know that you're an ideal candidate for the ignore list.

Another butthead that thinks what they want is what everyone wants.:lol:

Knighthawke 07-13-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sklar (Post 60671834)
Thanks for letting me know that you're an ideal candidate for the ignore list.

Another butthead that thinks what they want is what everyone wants.:lol:

Thought that was the best you could reply to.....thanks for proving me right. Anm dI'm sure you did not ignore me....you love me.

FlyBri 07-20-2013 04:19 AM

Quote:

The Tablet Z screen is pretty good, but if you're a person who craves higher resolutions and PPI like me (and who can actually see the difference), I still prefer the screen on the iPad 4 (I haven't seen an Nexus 10 in person yet). 1920x1200 definitely isn't low compared to many 10.1" tablets, but I think for a top end tablet it's still a bit to low for 2013. I'm sure for most people it's more than fine, but again, for me personally, it's still too low.

I checked out the Tablet Z at my local Sony Store, and it really is amazing how thin and light it is -- by far the easiest tablet to hold. All tablets this size should be this thin and light. In regards to the screen, while it is a good quality panel w/ very good resolution, I am one of the people who can still see the pixelation, especially on text. Of course it's not anywhere near as bad as the tablets out there that have much lower res (and I would assume most people can't even notice the Tablet Z's pixelation), but compared to the iPad, the PPI is low enough where I can still see jaggies in text.

Don't get me wrong, it's still a phenomenal tablet, and I'm still contemplating getting it, but the price (at least $50 too expensive IMO) and the resolution are giving me some hesitation. If it had a resolution around the Nexus 10, I personally feel it's worth the current MSRP, and I'd be all over that thing. For most people though, the resolution is more than enough, and combined with everything else it has, it's easily worth it. -- I'm just speaking for myself.

ilikemoneys 07-20-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyBri (Post 60807050)
The Tablet Z screen is pretty good, but if you're a person who craves higher resolutions and PPI like me (and who can actually see the difference), I still prefer the screen on the iPad 4 (I haven't seen an Nexus 10 in person yet). 1920x1200 definitely isn't low compared to many 10.1" tablets, but I think for a top end tablet it's still a bit to low for 2013. I'm sure for most people it's more than fine, but again, for me personally, it's still too low.

I checked out the Tablet Z at my local Sony Store, and it really is amazing how thin and light it is -- by far the easiest tablet to hold. All tablets this size should be this thin and light. In regards to the screen, while it is a good quality panel w/ very good resolution, I am one of the people who can still see the pixelation, especially on text. Of course it's not anywhere near as bad as the tablets out there that have much lower res (and I would assume most people can't even notice the Tablet Z's pixelation), but compared to the iPad, the PPI is low enough where I can still see jaggies in text.

Don't get me wrong, it's still a phenomenal tablet, and I'm still contemplating getting it, but the price (at least $50 too expensive IMO) and the resolution are giving me some hesitation. If it had a resolution around the Nexus 10, I personally feel it's worth the current MSRP, and I'd be all over that thing. For most people though, the resolution is more than enough, and combined with everything else it has, it's easily worth it. -- I'm just speaking for myself.

I agree about the pixel density, I can definitely see the difference between it, my Nexus 10, and the Ipad 4 I often use. The problem that I have with the Ipad and the Nexus 10 are color reproduction and black levels. Neither are nearly as good as the TF700 or the Xperia Z tablet. For me, that is far more important than pixel density. But by far the main benefit of the Z for me is that it is a 10" tablet that is as easy to hold and use as the best 7" tablets. It mostly eliminates the main problem of a large tablet: weight and girth. Not that those other tablets are heavy or big, they are just slightly above the threshold of extreme portability and extended usability.