Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   32GB Microsoft Surface RT Tablet (Refurbished) $250 + Free Shipping! (eBay Daily Deal) (http://slickdeals.net/f/6204796-32gb-microsoft-surface-rt-tablet-refurbished-250-free-shipping-ebay-daily-deal)

DJ3xclusive 08-08-2013 08:02 AM

32GB Microsoft Surface RT Tablet (Refurbished) $250 + Free Shipping! (eBay Daily Deal)

1 Attachment(s)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/32GB-Micr...2a2fde5a1f

yuugotserved 08-08-2013 08:02 AM

32GB Microsoft Surface RT 10.6" Tablet (Refurbished) $249 + Free Shipping

1 Attachment(s)
eBay Daily Deal has 32GB Microsoft Surface RT 10.6" Tablet (Refurbished) for $249. Shipping is free. Thanks DJ3xclusive

Specs
  • Nvidia Tegra 3 Quad Core CPU
  • 2GB RAM
  • 32GB Internal Memory
  • 10.6" 1366x768 Display
  • WiFi N
  • 31.5Wh Battery
  • Windows RT OS

wikipost 08-08-2013 08:02 AM

This post can and should be edited by users like you :)

This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.

Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.

Price now $299.99.

psyctto 08-08-2013 08:06 AM

An XPS10 can be had refurbed for <200$, it has far better battery life than this guy. For the battery life this has, you should just get a Latitude10 and have full Win8 Pro.
The Surface RT really isn't a deal until it's <150$.

sonofabit 08-08-2013 08:10 AM

I think 250 is fair for the RT, with 300 MAX. if you can get an atom tab for that price go for it but that's not always easy to find.

if you need a cheap, capable tablet, this is a great price

lolsamsam 08-08-2013 08:11 AM

32GB Microsoft Surface RT Tablet $249 Manufactured Refurbished

1 Attachment(s)
32GB Microsoft Surface RT Tablet
90 day warranty | Fast shipping options

scl23enn4m3 08-08-2013 08:11 AM

Damn :whee:

Dajinn 08-08-2013 08:12 AM

capable of what, exactly? lol

shoprunner 08-08-2013 08:14 AM

no keyboard cover? FAIL as i heard ms store will be selling for $349. correct me if i am wrong

Mr.Le 08-08-2013 08:24 AM

MS store has been selling it for $350 for a few weeks now i think. but damn even at $250 it's not even getting any love from the SD community. this thing must really suck

awesomeness 08-08-2013 08:27 AM

$305 nib with educational discount

itsxjustin 08-08-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psyctto (Post 61188700)
An XPS10 can be had refurbed for <200$, it has far better battery life than this guy. For the battery life this has, you should just get a Latitude10 and have full Win8 Pro.

where can i find xps10 for 200?

bagwell 08-08-2013 08:35 AM

great deal.

plus you can get a squaretrade warranty on this thing for dirt cheap.

psyctto 08-08-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsxjustin (Post 61189338)
where can i find xps10 for 200?

i commented in this thread (2nd post), it was 181$ yesterday. i clicked through, is gone now.
http://slickdeals.net/f/6201692-Save-30-on-any-Dell-Outlet-XPS-or-Alienware-laptop-20-25-on-others?

and here it was available with dock for 250$. also gone now.
http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/94248/dell-home-outlet-dell-xps-10-10.1-windows-rt-tablet-w-keyboard-dock-refurbished-64gb-290-or-32gb

dougpaw57 08-08-2013 08:42 AM

Search first, repost.

http://slickdeals.net/f/6204796-32GB-Microsoft-Surface-RT-Tablet-Refurbished-250-Free-Shipping-eBay-Daily-Deal

Chris2 08-08-2013 08:50 AM

They have 594 in stock, wonder if we're going to see another price drop when they can't move these things at $250

WitnessX 08-08-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Le (Post 61189106)
MS store has been selling it for $350 for a few weeks now i think. but damn even at $250 it's not even getting any love from the SD community. this thing must really suck

I wish it did come with the keyboard cover.

I bought an RT back then for a few weeks. Loved the design, battery life, and the interface. I ended up returning it, thinking I really need a tablet with a full OS to run anything (something Android nor iPads tablets can do) including Photoshop. I picked up the Samsung Ativ 500T, and it did fit the bill. However, I realized then that other than my occasional use of Photoshop on the go, I spent 90% of my time in the Metro UI using: the (it's really not that bad browser, mail client, Reddit app, the photo app, Khanh Academy for my kids, Yelp, Weather Bug, the built-in travel app which is pretty great, a few other apps/games I can't think of at the moment, and most recently Halo. The app store has quite a few titles in there now, and unless someone needs 50 different versions of a particular app, there's really no need for it. Besides, the browser can run Flash.

Surface RT was not worth the $499 price, and the recent price drop to $350 is tempting. This refurb price is making it very difficult for me as I already spent too much lately. The Surface RT will absolutely work out for how my wife uses a tablet around the house.

Mr.Le 08-08-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WitnessX (Post 61189918)

I bought an RT back then for a few weeks. Loved the design, battery life, and the interface. I ended up returning it, thinking I really need a tablet with a full OS to run anything (something Android nor iPads tablets can do) including Photoshop. I picked up the Samsung Ativ 500T, and it did fit the bill. However, I realized then that other than my occasional use of Photoshop on the go, I spent 90% of my time in the Metro UI using: the (it's really not that bad browser, mail client, Reddit app, the photo app, Khanh Academy for my kids, Yelp, Weather Bug, the built-in travel app which is pretty great, a few other apps/games I can't think of at the moment, and most recently Halo. The app store has quite a few titles in there now, and unless someone needs 50 different versions of a particular app, there's really no need for it. Besides, the browser can run Flash.

Surface RT was not worth the $499 price, and the recent price drop to $350 is tempting. This refurb price is making it very difficult for me as I already spent too much lately. The Surface RT will absolutely work out for how my wife uses a tablet around the house.

So what's your idea of good battery life. I heard some of the complaint was battery life issue. not trying to be a smartass but i'm curious of what real world battery life is.

psyctto 08-08-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Le (Post 61190354)
So what's your idea of good battery life. I heard some of the complaint was battery life issue. not trying to be a smartass but i'm curious of what real world battery life is.

reviews say 7.5hrs for Surface RT (Win8 RT), which is about the same time for the Latitude10 (which runs full Win8 Pro). so not really great in compairson.
the XPS10 (Win8 RT) will get 10.5hrs, then an additional 8hrs or so with the dock/keyboard attachment.

agdoc2001 08-08-2013 10:26 AM

Good deal! I've been looking for a device to pair with my Zune.

Bignem123 08-08-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agdoc2001 (Post 61192306)

I lol'd.

smass 08-08-2013 10:31 AM

First there was the HP Touchpad, then the RIM Playbook and now the MS Surface. The first two are failed platforms that became good deals for tech savy folk (I bought a touchpad duing the $99 fire sale and love it, but mine is rooted to CM10 so its basically a cheap android tablet now). If you dont know what you are buying steer clear of this and go for an android tablet or an ipad. These surface tablets are 3-4 months away from fire sale fodder IMHO.

timsy 08-08-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

I'm looking for a tablet upgrade. Other right after I got it, 90% of how I use my current in order of priority is reading books, checking email, surfing the web, video on the plane, and checking weather. All fine on RT.

Problem is the last 10% is games for the kids while travelling, GPS software, and miscellaneous apps. All no-go on RT. I got my parents a pair of refurb Acer A200's for around $125 each. This still costs a lot more even if it has most of what I need.

Anyway, I wouldn't get this deal. I would use the OfficeMax 20% off at Staples to get it for $280 brand new. ($350 - $70 AC) But if I was considering that, I would probably actually get a Lenovo k3011 with real Windows the same way for $280 and take the hit on battery life for the benefit of real productivity apps. But I would have to get over not having a GPS.

Dajinn 08-08-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timsy (Post 61192482)
But I would have to get over not having a GPS.

Do you really like that the NSA is able to track you? Should be enough to get rid of it.

(lol)

Binar 08-08-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

It does.. My kids went to M$ camp and they were given surface tablets to work on. The camp was lasting 2 hours a day for a full week. The first day all the surface tablets ran out of power after 1 hour and 30 min. The M$ store had only 3 power outlets to charge the tablets so we had 14 kids sharing 3 tablets. Same story every day. The kids were using word , excel and power point not some power hungry apps. The trainers were frustrated,the parents were baffled .... the kids were happy because they were allowed to play minecraft on the Xbox consoles you find on display in any M$ store.

Dajinn 08-08-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Binar (Post 61192632)
It does.. My kids went to M$ camp and they were given surface tablets to work on. The camp was lasting 2 hours a day for a full week. The first day all the surface tablets ran out of power after 1 hour and 30 min. The M$ store had only 3 power outlets to charge the tablets so we had 14 kids sharing 3 tablets. Same story every day. The kids were using word , excel and power point not some power hungry apps. The trainers were frustrated,the parents were baffled .... the kids were happy because they were allowed to play minecraft on the Xbox consoles you find on display in any M$ store.

How could you do that to your kids? :P

Chi-YanC 08-08-2013 10:46 AM

This comes with full versions of office apps, except outlook. Not bad if you were planning to buy office and use it on an tiny notebook.

gmanvbva 08-08-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Even the Surface (non-RT w/ W8 Pro & a I5) lasts longer than 1.5 hours....
I know... I have one... Never had it die after 1.5 hours... A co-worker has a RT and has about double the battery life of the W8 Pro Surface.

Check just about any reviews as well.

Optophobia 08-08-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dougpaw57 (Post 61189594)

Read slickdeals FAQs before posting.....

"If you spot a repost, please click on the [mod] button and include the link to the repost. Please do not bump the thread by saying it is a repost."

webculb 08-08-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agdoc2001 (Post 61192306)

Even Microsoft has dropped support for Zune. I had to download the vista drivers to pair it with my windows 8 box. It's still going strong though.

mva5580 08-08-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Optophobia (Post 61192976)

"If you spot a repost, please click on the [mod] button and include the link to the repost. Please do not bump the thread by saying it is a repost."

lol, yeah right. People don't REALLY care about the rules, they just care about butting in and trying to tell other people what to do. The same person who comes on here and says "Repost, search first" or whatever has ZERO interest in privately emailing the mods. They just want attention.

GTeye 08-08-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

It doesn't suck at all.. it all depends what your goal for a device is.

dougpaw57 08-08-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Optophobia (Post 61192976)

I seldom bump the post unless the OP has very few posts and has obviously not read the posting instructions about searchiong before posting. I generally just report the repost.

Binar 08-08-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmanvbva (Post 61192920)
Even the Surface (non-RT w/ W8 Pro & a I5) lasts longer than 1.5 hours....
I know... I have one... Never had it die after 1.5 hours... A co-worker has a RT and has about double the battery life of the W8 Pro Surface.

Check just about any reviews as well.

Now that you mentioned it, they might've had another 2 hour camp ahead of us. Let's say 2 hours the first camp and 1 hour and 30 min my kids camp. Less than 4 hours battery life is still unacceptable for a tablet geared towards the business market. Give me a 8 hour battery life tablet or ill take my laptop with me on a business trip

dzuidze 08-08-2013 10:59 AM

It's not about the tablet
It's about the OS

unagimiyagi 08-08-2013 10:59 AM

Cheap crap is still crap.
It's not crappy hardware, but without any apps, it's useless.

These days you need the whole kit and kaboodle...great hardware (check for the surface) and great software (nope), with a whole ton of luck. Microsoft could produce an iPad clone and not sell well. Oh wait, Samsung did that and they are selling well. Microsoft's best bet financial wise is to start copying.

Aside: whoever decided to film the surface commercials with the clicking keyboards, have the tag line be "click in", and then make the central selling point of the surface (the keyboard) a $50 extra purchase should be shown the door. It's emblematic of what's wrong at Microsoft. It's like selling the Tesla and saying that it's an electric car for $30,000....only the $30,000 base model uses gas. To get the true electric car, it costs $70,000.

sunnybyday 08-08-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

nice story bro! First, you didn't specify what surface? My Surface RT gives me 7 hrs+ ever day for months now. Don't have Surface Pro, but it has 5-6 hrs of life easily. you may not like the product, but don't spread lies here. total BS.

jmor 08-08-2013 11:16 AM

my girlfriend has one and loves it, she gave away her laptop to her brother because he needed one. now she uses my computer for a few things, but thinking about getting rid of it and buying a laptop. personally, it's pretty nice as it has full office minus outlook, but it's still a gimped version of windows. buy it if you like having full office support, but don't expect to play mkv files or use it for much else. the app store sucks.

MecroU 08-08-2013 11:20 AM

I'll wait for the fire sale at $99.

wiiwok 08-08-2013 11:37 AM

Can't beat it for this price.

What people fail to take into account is that these come with RT Office 2013. AND 8.1 will include Outlook 2013.

There were also preview editions of Infopath made available to some reviewers.

If Microsoft bundles full RT Office 2013 suite with this, it's a no brainer.

I have the Asus TF600T and absolutely love it. My android & iPad tabs see much less use that the RT.

clearanceman 08-08-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

It just needs to have an apple symbol on it and SD would pay $450 and say how great a deal it was.

ym73 08-08-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoprunner (Post 61188884)
no keyboard cover? FAIL as i heard ms store will be selling for $349. correct me if i am wrong

It's $349 without the keyboard as well.

Binar 08-08-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clearanceman (Post 61194476)
It just needs to have an apple symbol on it and SD would pay $450 and say how great a deal it was.

So the whole medical community is full of idiots for using ipad only

Corporate America is full of idiots for choosing ipad/iPhone ( not talking of m$ or google)

Parents of autistic kids or kids with severe communication are all idiots for choosing the ipad to try to communicate or rehabilitate with their kids

We live in a consumer's market. An overprice product wont last. We have easy access to reviews, and experts opinion . Most of the IOS users have a PC as primary computer and yet they choose to pay premium for an apple mobile device. Surface has a lot of problems, mostly related to the battery life. M$ would not cust cost so often if the Surface will be a good product. I don't think we'll see a $99 fire sale but I do think a $149 is coming soon

tmtyf 08-08-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Binar (Post 61194894)
So the whole medical community is full of idiots for using ipad only

Corporate America is full of idiots for choosing ipad/iPhone ( not talking of m$ or google)

Parents of autistic kids or kids with severe communication are all idiots for choosing the ipad to try to communicate or rehabilitate with their kids

We live in a consumer's market. An overprice product wont last. We have easy access to reviews, and experts opinion . Most of the IOS users have a PC as primary computer and yet they choose to pay premium for an apple mobile device. Surface has a lot of problems, mostly related to the battery life. M$ would not cust cost so often if the Surface will be a good product. I don't think we'll see a $99 fire sale but I do think a $149 is coming soon

is corporate america full of idiots for choosing ipad/phone?

yes

ym73 08-08-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dajinn (Post 61188862)

Well, it has office. You will need to get a keyboard cover to make office useful. Otherwise, it is capable of doing more things than the ipad. It has a usb and microsd slot and it has full multitasking with the ability to look at 2 apps at once. The app store is still missing apps, but it's been growing fairly rapidly. It currently has over 100,000 apps. Otherwise, the touch browser is very good and there is a version of the browser that supports flash. With the available apps and what you have available on the web, it should provide more than enough functionality as a tablet. Once the app store improves, it will easily beat the ipad.

GIRay 08-08-2013 12:12 PM

What is RT?
Can it run Office and itunes?
I just bought a Nook HD + for $110.

Trolololo 08-08-2013 12:15 PM

please do NOT get the window RT tablet, they don't have good app support, not even google chrome, it jerk and slow, although you can browse in full webpage but still slower than a intel atom 1.1ghz netbook....

stay away

compuguy1088 08-08-2013 12:16 PM

I have a feeling that this tablet is a better deal (though the seller has a checkered history): http://slickdeals.net/f/6204070-Samsung-ATIV-Smart-PC-500T-Tablet-White-350-FS

kschlege 08-08-2013 12:17 PM

$249? Is it April 1st already?

GIRay 08-08-2013 12:23 PM

RT is NOT a full Windows OS! It's a scam.
Windows RT poor sales should surprise no one. Microsoft recently had to write off $900 million because of unsold Surface RT inventory and cut prices on RT tablets by $150.

ym73 08-08-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Binar (Post 61193188)
Now that you mentioned it, they might've had another 2 hour camp ahead of us. Let's say 2 hours the first camp and 1 hour and 30 min my kids camp. Less than 4 hours battery life is still unacceptable for a tablet geared towards the business market. Give me a 8 hour battery life tablet or ill take my laptop with me on a business trip

Are you sure they weren't using a surface pro in camp? That sounds like the battery life of the pro which is basically a laptop in tablet form. By the way, before the release of haswell, most laptops had the same 4-6 hour battery life. The previous MacBook air had around 5 hours of battery life with medium workload and 3 hours with heavy workload.

Graphikzking 08-08-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonofabit (Post 61188798)
I think 250 is fair for the RT, with 300 MAX. if you can get an atom tab for that price go for it but that's not always easy to find.

if you need a cheap, capable tablet, this is a great price

Quote:

Originally Posted by psyctto (Post 61188700)

The "tablet around the house" is the best thing for this. It's a great device. I bought my wife an Asus Vivo tab for $399 (with keyboard dock) and it does 99% of what she wants to do on a computer just fine.

The RT is not really a drawback. It runs pretty nice. Does photo, music playback and internet surfing just great. The video codec support for Windows RT/WP8 could be MUCH better.

Tegra 3 processor is a bit dated now (basically at the end of it's life cycle for "premier" devices) so looking forward to a Tegra 4 or Exynos version!

I wouldn't buy the Dell version because it loses .5" screen but it physically ever so slightly larger (which means larger bezels). Also, is the S4 processor better or worse than Tegra 3? That's important as well.

Also, surface gives full USB port which is a heck of a feature.

bagwell 08-08-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MecroU (Post 61193910)
I'll wait for the fire sale at $99.

see you in 2016 :lmao:

xadmin 08-08-2013 12:26 PM

It should be $99, then it will sell

GIRay 08-08-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xadmin (Post 61195484)
It should be $99, then it will sell

Windows RT is useless. I'd rather buy a Nook HD + for $110 .

happygooddeal 08-08-2013 12:29 PM

Can this tablet be Android ?

HempCures 08-08-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GIRay (Post 61195536)
Windows RT is useless. I'd rather buy a Nook HD + for $110 .

What makes window rt so bad? I was reading reviews on amazon not too shabby?

mirai 08-08-2013 12:30 PM

It is a dying platform. Get it only if you want a cheap Office tablet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HempCures (Post 61195572)

no app support. Expensive.

compuguy1088 08-08-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mirai (Post 61195584)
It is a dying platform. Get it only if you want a cheap Office tablet.

no app support. Expensive.

Hence why I am considering getting an x86 tablet like the one I previously linked...

mmarcoux66 08-08-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

I've had a Surface RT since launch and it does 90% of what I need to do. There is a lot of hate for this OS and it is a shame. 8.1 which will be free will even include Outlook 2013... not bad for the price. If you live in a browser, Microsoft Office, and check mail... this was the best option for my use.

SeadudeW 08-08-2013 12:34 PM

tried this POS a few months ago and after a week of using it, I have to return it. The so called student version of office is a scam. It is actually a cut down version of the student version! the regular student version of office support macro and vbscript, but the one comes with this POS doesn't support macro and vbscript. The apps store is a joke, don't even have some popular games like candy crush saga! can't use it for play, can't use it for work, couple with the low end display (not impress with the video playback at all) a true piece of shiittt! Therefore, beside surfing web, photo or video with low resolution, this POS can't really do anything else. A cheap android tablet like nexus 7 would be a much better choice.

hunter44102 08-08-2013 12:37 PM

worst $200+ tablet ever released

jornlind 08-08-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by compuguy1088 (Post 61195278)
I have a feeling that this tablet is a better deal (though the seller has a checkered history): http://slickdeals.net/f/6204070-Samsung-ATIV-Smart-PC-500T-Tablet-White-350-FS

The T500 is a nice tablet (I actually have both a T500 and a Surface RT)
I bought the T500 because I wanted the full Windows, so far the only thing I've actually used that for is spotify and that is now available in the browser, but different people have different needs.

One BIG difference I see between these two devices is the screen. The screen on the Surface is way way better, so if you're just going to use it for netflix HBOgo and some store games (that's the main use of mine) I'd go with the Surface.

[edit] oh and another difference: the Samsung feels cheap, it has better specs (witch is why I bought it) but it does not feel like a quality product.

mikemcclain8 08-08-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Binar (Post 61195220)
Sadly, you work for this idiots or pursue a degree hoping one of this idiots will ever hire you.

Don't deny it. With your mentality you can't be a business owner. You are nothing more than a follower that bites the hand that feeds him. You hate your job while they love their stock option. You spend your vacation protesting against the wealthy ones while they they spend their vacation in exotic places you never dear to dream off.

Nice spelling!

Binar 08-08-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemcclain8 (Post 61195814)
Nice spelling!

not everyone takes grammar 101 in community college.

Thank you for your constructive criticism tho. Anything else you want to add to our conversation? If you feel like sharing your personal life try to PM me.

+4 pitty rep points.. your grammar skills didn't bring you many rep points so I'll try to boost your self-esteem

smass 08-08-2013 12:50 PM

These Surface threads are getting as bad the old Playbook ones. Half bash, half defend. I am really only concerned with the comparative value in the tablet market, and at $250 I just don't see it. As others have pointed out for a laptop replacement for office apps it might have a niche...but this is not what a mainstream tablet buyer is looking for. If you know why you are buying it and are convinced it will do what you want it to do, then go ahead and buy. If however, you are just a casual slickdealer looking for cheap tablet for entertainment - stay away. At least until its at least half this price and you can buy it as a throwaway piece.

jacure 08-08-2013 12:53 PM

I hope the touch screen is more responsive than the lenovo lynx n the vivo tab that I had. It sucked so bad I had to return them back to amazon.

jacure 08-08-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Binar (Post 61195968)
not everyone takes grammar 101 in community college.

Thank you for your constructive criticism tho. Anything else you want to add to our conversation? If you feel like sharing your personal life try to PM me.

+4 pitty rep points.. your grammar skills didn't bring you many rep points so I'll try to boost your self-esteem

Can you rep me too, highness?:)

Binar 08-08-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacure (Post 61196118)
Can you rep me too, highness?:)

the screen is very responsive, the keyboard is amazing..the battery life is outrageous

+4

GIRay 08-08-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

RT is not a full Windows OS. You can only download their limited crappy apps from the so-called Windows App Store. You won't be able to run Office(Desktop version), photoshop, itunes, or any desktop applications on it. People got scammed because they don't know the differences between real Windows 8 and Windows RT.
I call it a scam because both RT version and their App Store are useless.

jacure 08-08-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Binar (Post 61196162)
the screen is very responsive, the keyboard is amazing..the battery life is outrageous

+4

Thank you, I will try this out. I just need this to print coupons, since android tablets can't do it.

SeadudeW 08-08-2013 01:02 PM

The office in this POS doesn't support macro and VBscript. If you have a decent Job, 70% of the excel or work documents can't be used with this POS. buyer beware.

Sumalee 08-08-2013 01:02 PM

I tend to agree that prices on these will keep falling towards xmas. I have use of one through my employer, but I would not buy it for myself.

I have no animosity towards Microsoft, but if you are trying to gain market share I think your product has to be quite a bit better and cheaper than the competition. While the price beats Ipads, the OS doesn't imho and droid tablets beat the price badly. For most home users, I'd get a droid based tablet.

Win 8 is ok for this tablet, and epic fail on the interface as a desktop and non touch screen-laptop. lol I even load classic shell on server 2012 installs.

fusion 08-08-2013 01:03 PM

Pretty much sucks. I really have no desire to purchase even at $50.

jacure 08-08-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GIRay (Post 61196250)
RT is not a full Windows OS. You can only download their limited crappy apps from the so-called Windows App Store. You won't be able to run Office(Desktop version), photoshop, itunes, or any desktop applications on it. People got scammed because they don't know the differences between real Windows 8 and Windows RT.

What's an itune? Is that the Apple crap stuff? Plus, I just need this to print coupons n surf the web. My nexus 7, 10 and acer 700 cant print coupons.

chukdotcom 08-08-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fusion (Post 61196298)
Pretty much sucks. I really have no desire to purchase even at $50.

Netflix looks really nice on these. Worth it for $50-100 just for that.

Binar 08-08-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacure (Post 61196266)
Thank you, I will try this out. I just need this to print coupons, since android tablets can't do it.

you are doing something wrong...as long as you have a network printer you can print coupons in Android or IOS. You need to download the right app for your printer.

JoeSmith2010 08-08-2013 01:07 PM

Looking to buy PRO when it hits this price. Possibly within 6-12 months when MS gives up on making tablets. :-)

arbitrager 08-08-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

it does suck, I have one with keyboard I hardly use it. I default to my ipad and ipad mini as the interface on surface sucks. everything lagggggs...

auxiliary 08-08-2013 01:11 PM

I would stay away from this. The sale numbers were very poor and that is the reason MS lower the MSRP.
I suspect they walk away from this soon. I think they will make a full computer tablet, but not the RT within the next year.
How did all the Blackberry Playbook and HP Touch (with stock software) make out? Case closed.
Why spend all that money for a device to surf and check email? Invest the money in a better tablet.

GIRay 08-08-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacure (Post 61196328)
What's an itune? Is that the Apple crap stuff? Plus, I just need this to print coupons n surf the web. My nexus 7, 10 and acer 700 cant print coupons.

I'm not an Apple fanboy, but I know there are billions of fanboys who use itunes out there.
I'm still using my 99-dollar TouchPad to run Jelly Bean daily.

topcat2001 08-08-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GIRay (Post 61196250)
I call it a scam because both RT version and their App Store are useless.

You don't know what you are talking about or you are willingly lying. Have you used the Surface RT? Office on this is the full desktop version. There is no metro version of Office yet that has been developed by Microsoft. I have it and love it. I can do full 1080p Netflix with 5.1 surround in addition to Office and most major apps are there (Skype, Netflix, Kindle etc). For anything else you have a full fledged browser with flash support (Youtube, hulu etc). I can edit my photos with Adobe PS Express touch and transfer files via USB. iTunes? Is there any iTunes on Android? For $250 this is a great deal. Can you play Halo on your Android or iPad? I can on my Surface RT.

Luz753 08-08-2013 01:16 PM

Wait for the fire sale.

MrPeanut 08-08-2013 01:19 PM

Eh. I'm still waiting on the next generation of Surface tablets. Too many minor flaws with these right now.

SeadudeW 08-08-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topcat2001 (Post 61196564)
You don't know what you are talking about or you are willingly lying. Have you used the Surface RT? Office on this is the full desktop version. There is no metro version of Office yet that has been developed by Microsoft. I have it and love it. I can do full 1080p Netflix with 5.1 surround in addition to Office and most major apps are there. I can edit my photos with Adobe PS Elements touch and transfer files via USB. iTunes? Is there any iTunes on Android? For $250 this is a great deal.

The office in this POS is not a full desktop version. Full desktop version support macro and VBscript. This is actually a cut down version of the student office. Anyone with a real job would need the full version the comes with macro and VBscript support.

also, please double check the spec of this POS, the screen is not even 1080p. You are really not too bright. LOL

cereza 08-08-2013 01:22 PM

Can you use Windows Glass on the RT? I luv Microsoft, please take my money. Because of Microsoft and their products I have a good salaried job. Bill is even trying to make the world a better place with his foundation.

chukdotcom 08-08-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

You don't know what you are talking about or you are willingly lying. Have you used the Surface RT? Office on this is the full desktop version. There is no metro version of Office yet that has been developed by Microsoft. I have it and love it. I can do full 1080p Netflix with 5.1 surround in addition to Office and most major apps are there. I can edit my photos with Adobe PS Elements touch and transfer files via USB. iTunes? Is there any iTunes on Android? For $250 this is a great deal.

RT does not have the full version of Office.

GIRay 08-08-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

I use Windows 8 Pro everyday, and I don't even care about the Windows App Store because their apps are very limited and crappy. Period.

norazi 08-08-2013 01:23 PM

only reason this is a bad deals because there are regular deals here to get a a full atom tablet for $300... would easily pay the extra $50 for a latitude10, samsung 500t, acer W3, etc... plus bay trail is due out soon... i would rather pay $400 for a bay trail tablet over $250 for an RT tab or $300 for a cedar trail tab... should be looking at low end core i3 performance with 12+ hrs battery life

SeadudeW 08-08-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norazi (Post 61196706)
only reason this is a bad deals because there are regular deals here to get a a full atom tablet for $300... would easily pay the extra $50 for a latitude10, samsung 500t, acer W3, etc... plus bay trail is due out soon... i would rather pay $400 for a bay trail tablet over $250 for an RT tab or $300 for a cedar trail tab... should be looking at low end core i3 performance with 12+ hrs battery life

I too waiting for the baytrail! and I think they should add more ram to it. I will definitely rather pay more for something useful than this deal!

topcat2001 08-08-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GIRay (Post 61196690)
I use Windows 8 Pro everyday, and I don't even care about the Windows App Store because their apps are very limited and crappy. Period.

This is a $250 tablet. There is no comparison to a full Windows 8 PC. The comparison is to iPad, Android and for people who need Office on the tablet (I've used Office for 10 years at an enterprise company without any VBscript). While the app store may not be as fully developed as iOS/Android the ability to run Office and the fact that you have a full fledged browser in which you can access all your websites including flash enabled websites like Hulu etc. makes up for it. Outlook is also coming for free in Windows Blue 8.1,

bunnyeric 08-08-2013 01:39 PM

Is it REAL Manufacturer refurbished?
Or just refurbished by the seller?

revoc 08-08-2013 01:39 PM

Why would you want to buy a Zune... err... I meant a Surface RT over an iPad?

titearse 08-08-2013 01:48 PM

If you can wait, these are scheduled to drop to $149 on Black Friday.

GIRay 08-08-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revoc (Post 61197040)

Because iPad is overpriced and dated. Nook HD + ($110) and Nexus 7($229) are better and slicker choices compared to iPad and Surface RT.

joeposh 08-08-2013 01:53 PM

If it came with a keyboard cover, I'd be in. As it is, I'd rather wait it out a bit more and see what the next-gen units have to offer.

GnatGoSplat 08-08-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bagwell (Post 61195454)
see you in 2016 :lmao:

With Microsoft sitting on 6-million unsold tablets ($900M worth), why wouldn't we expect to see a fire sale in the near future?

GIRay 08-08-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GnatGoSplat (Post 61197728)
With Microsoft sitting on 6-million unsold tablets ($900M worth), why wouldn't we expect to see a fire sale in the near future?

MS should discontinue RT version and fold the App Store.
It'll save money in the long run.

scorleo 08-08-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lolsamsam (Post 61188830)
32GB Microsoft Surface RT Tablet
90 day warranty | Fast shipping options

Warranty 1 yr on this item, same as new

Binar 08-08-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GIRay (Post 61197828)
MS should discontinue RT version and fold the App Store.
It'll save money in the long run.

they won't...their windows phones are a flop, their tablets are a flop, windows 8 is a flop, zune flopped already...the only product MS got right is the Office but with the new office 2013 where they try to push the cloud that might turn in a flop too.

GnatGoSplat 08-08-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Binar (Post 61197912)
they won't...their windows phones are a flop, their tablets are a flop, windows 8 is a flop, zune flopped already...the only product MS got right is the Office but with the new office 2013 where they try to push the cloud that might turn in a flop too.

I think they got Windows 7 right, but that was 4-years ago.

joeposh 08-08-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

...And believe me, a guy with a TouchPad as their avatar knows a thing or two about flops.

BlackEmac 08-08-2013 02:29 PM

I bought a XPS10 64gb for $264, used it for 30 minutes and emailed Dell for a refund. They offered me $100 back to keep it and I still returned it. It wasn't the hardware, it was the software (Windows RT). I've never been so frustrated in my life using a 'computer'. Windows RT fails at being a touchscreen OS.

jacure 08-08-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revoc (Post 61197040)

Not everyone wants the icrap stuff, so you can play angry birds on it. Why get an ipad when the nexus 7 n 10 is better?

Binar 08-08-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeposh (Post 61198006)
...And believe me, a guy with a TouchPad as their avatar knows a thing or two about flops.

..an Ipad avatar would've been too expensive. Apple charges extra for everything
..a Surface avatar would've lagged too much, an Android avatar would've been too cheesy, and finally a PlayBook avatar would've made other users to poke fan at me.

sunnybyday 08-08-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeposh (Post 61198006)

LOL !!

This guy Binar is all over this thread crapping over Surface RT. Microsoft must have done something bad to you as a kid ;) So much hate is not good for your health .. and you know what, it is not cool anymore to keep hating MS, this is not 90s. Don't like the product, move on .. we get that you don't like anything MS makes. Be happy with your touchpad and good luck finding a full day job in a company that does not use any MS products!

Binar 08-08-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnybyday (Post 61198178)
LOL !!

This guy Binar is all over this thread crapping over Surface RT. Microsoft must have done something bad to you as a kid ;) So much hate is not good for your health .. and you know what, it is not cool anymore to keep hating MS, this is not 90s. Don't like the product, move on .. we get that you don't like anything MS makes. Be happy with your touchpad and good luck finding a full day job in a company that does not use any MS products!

having buyer remorse for buying a surface, few months back when you had to shell out $500 + tax would upset me too. I never mentioned TP in this thread. And if you pay attention to an avatar that I"ve been sporting for 2 years is silly.
I love M$ heck I never owned a MAC in my life just saying Surface has serious problems if M$ is willing to slash the price so often. More than half of the users in this thread are saying the same thing.
Damn, I can't believe you paid that much on the surface. Sorry man.

dealsquirrel 08-08-2013 04:17 PM

It's still close to $400 with the type cover, which is pretty much mandatory. Too high in my book, besides why try to catch a falling knife.

SeadudeW 08-08-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topcat2001 (Post 61196994)
This is a $250 tablet. There is no comparison to a full Windows 8 PC. The comparison is to iPad, Android and for people who need Office on the tablet (I've used Office for 10 years at an enterprise company without any VBscript). While the app store may not be as fully developed as iOS/Android the ability to run Office and the fact that you have a full fledged browser in which you can access all your websites including flash enabled websites like Hulu etc. makes up for it. Outlook is also coming for free in Windows Blue 8.1,

LOL, 10 years without using any macro. that's call low productivity! u may want to learn something new like using Macro to automate jobs. Oh wait, you can't because you are using a POS surface RT ... LOL

topcat2001 08-08-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeadudeW (Post 61200176)
LOL, 10 years without using any macro. that's call low productivity! u may want to learn something new like using Macro to automate jobs. Oh wait, you can't because you are using a POS surface RT ... LOL

No thanks. I have better things to do on my tablet than write macros. What macros can you write on your iPad and Android Office version?

cyfan 08-08-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Amen. And I tried to use Office 365. It will be a flop too.

Let's face the facts. Android will win. Apple will still make money. MS and Bberry are fighting for crumbs under the table.

green_key 08-08-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnybyday (Post 61198178)
LOL !!

Google don't use Microsoft ...plenty of high paying cool job ....:)

gaijin4life 08-08-2013 04:30 PM

$99 or bust. (probably bust, tho)

topcat2001 08-08-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Binar (Post 61198316)
having buyer remorse for buying a surface, few months back when you had to shell out $500 + tax would upset me too. I never mentioned TP in this thread. And if you pay attention to an avatar that I"ve been sporting for 2 years is silly.
I love M$ heck I never owned a MAC in my life just saying Surface has serious problems if M$ is willing to slash the price so often. More than half of the users in this thread are saying the same thing.
Damn, I can't believe you paid that much on the surface. Sorry man.

Get a life man.This is a deals site. Take your fanboyism to a tech site.

catch22alex 08-08-2013 04:32 PM

nice deal but I have my eye on an xps10 hopefully less than 200

(so many gift cards to spend ^_^)

dreamer3kx 08-08-2013 04:33 PM

I want but the apps, ugh, apps are just not great, too many 3rd party apps and not official.

SeadudeW 08-08-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topcat2001 (Post 61200240)
No thanks. I have better things to do on my tablet than write macros. What macros can you write on your iPad and Android Office version?

I never said ipad or android is better than this POS. I always maintain that a cheap android tablet can do everything this overprice POS can do and more because of the lack of apps in the MS apps store. Still, 10 years using MS office without able to use macro to automate jobs just show how smart u are... LOL

dreamer3kx 08-08-2013 04:38 PM

This or n7?

Binar 08-08-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topcat2001 (Post 61200314)
Get a life man.This is a deals site. Take your fanboyism to a tech site.

Wtf is fanboyism... Wtf are you?

Half the ppl in this thread said the tablet is overpriced but they would get it as soon as it hits a certain price point. I say the same.. Read the news, read the tech sites where you send me to, they all say the same thing.

Ic wut u did there: you are boosting your post count with useless comments

Fooled me once shame on you, fooled me twice...not gonna happen

SeadudeW 08-08-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamer3kx (Post 61200442)
This or n7?

n7 or if you really need something for play and productivity, get a full window 8 tablet. Stay away from window RT. Pretty much all companies out there are dropping this version of OS, that really said a lot of how crappy of the surface RT is performing. good luck.

Steeldeals 08-08-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dealsquirrel (Post 61200130)
Too high in my book, besides why try to catch a falling knife.

Why do people insist on using the "falling knife" analogy for prices? It makes no sense. You don't risk injury by catching a falling price.

jornlind 08-08-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamer3kx (Post 61200442)
This or n7?

I would say depends what you want to use it for, I mean you're comparing a 7 and a 10.6 inch tablet...

felunk 08-08-2013 04:50 PM

Haswell will make the surface pro actually a product worth considering...RT will end up in the trash bin of technology soon. If only MS realized they are competing with Android and not Apple they would be ok. Stick with windows(somehow integrate touch screen better) and prepare for hardware that can run windows on a comparable level as the mobile cpu/gpus of today.

dealsquirrel 08-08-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeldeals (Post 61200572)
Why do people insist on using the "falling knife" analogy for prices? It makes no sense. You don't risk injury by catching a falling price.

You wallet gets injured when the price is lower tomorrow.

topcat2001 08-08-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Binar (Post 61200478)
Wtf is fanboyism... Wtf are you?

Half the ppl in this thread said the tablet is overpriced but they would get it as soon as it hits a certain price point. I say the same.. Read the news, read the tech sites where you send me to, they all say the same thing.

Ic wut u did there: you are boosting your post count with useless comments

Fooled me once shame on you, fooled me twice...not gonna happen

You have 5000 posts with just one third the reps and I have 14 posts with 14 reps and you are accusing me of trying to boost my post count?

Binar 08-08-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topcat2001 (Post 61200946)
You have 5000 posts with just one third the reps and I have 14 posts with 14 reps and you are accusing me of trying to boost my post count?

You start with 10 ... Damn, you fooled me again

blissfulyoshi 08-08-2013 05:14 PM

Why are people giving the office argument?

Since this deal (http://slickdeals.net/f/5804252-Microsoft-Office-2013-now-available-through-Home-Use-Program-for-10-if-you-qualify? ) is still valid, you can probably find some way to get a full version of office 2013 for $10 and add it on to whatever laptop you want.

topcat2001 08-08-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Binar (Post 61200972)
You start with 10 ... Damn, you fooled me again

Don't try to change the subject. Only an idiot accuses someone who was 14 posts in a year of trying to boost their post count.

topcat2001 08-08-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blissfulyoshi (Post 61201068)
Why are people giving the office argument?

Since this deal (http://slickdeals.net/f/5804252-Microsoft-Office-2013-now-available-through-Home-Use-Program-for-10-if-you-qualify? ) is still valid, you can probably find some way to get a full version of office 2013 for $10 and add it on to whatever laptop you want.

The office argument is related to iPad and Android and not to PCs.

Binar 08-08-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topcat2001 (Post 61201080)
Don't try to change the subject. Only an idiot accuses someone who was 14 posts in a year of trying to boost their post count.

you start with 10 rep points. any new account starts with 10 rep points. 10 rep points is a gift you get for starting a new account. Capisce?

and you do try to boost your post count by posting in this thread. For a year you had nothing to say and you decided to come out in this thread... I take it you are a shy one.Aren't you?

topcat2001 08-08-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Binar (Post 61201162)
you start with 10 rep points. any new account starts with 10 rep points. 10 rep points is a gift you get for starting a new account. Capisce?

and you do try to boost your post count by posting in this thread. For a year you had nothing to say and you decided to come out in this thread... I take it you are a shy one.Aren't you?

Unlike you I'm not here to blabber. I am only here occasionally to check out great deals and idiots like you are completely ruining it for us folks who are simply looking for good deals on various products. Go see a therapist and workout your anger with Microsoft.

jpk1080 08-08-2013 05:38 PM

Microsoft needs Bill back in the game.

dreamer3kx 08-08-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpk1080 (Post 61201396)
Microsoft needs Bill back in the game.

Gates is not hungry anymore, thats not happening.

lbp775 08-08-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smass (Post 61192404)
First there was the HP Touchpad, then the RIM Playbook and now the MS Surface. The first two are failed platforms that became good deals for tech savy folk (I bought a touchpad duing the $99 fire sale and love it, but mine is rooted to CM10 so its basically a cheap android tablet now). If you dont know what you are buying steer clear of this and go for an android tablet or an ipad. These surface tablets are 3-4 months away from fire sale fodder IMHO.

If you're talking about the Surface RT than I may agree. The Surface Pro is a totally different device and will wipe the floor with Android/Ipads.

lbp775 08-08-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Either there's something wrong with all of those tablets or you're exaggerating. My Surface Pro with the real processor last much longer than that gaming.

lbp775 08-08-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmor (Post 61193820)
my girlfriend has one and loves it, she gave away her laptop to her brother because he needed one. now she uses my computer for a few things, but thinking about getting rid of it and buying a laptop. personally, it's pretty nice as it has full office minus outlook, but it's still a gimped version of windows. buy it if you like having full office support, but don't expect to play mkv files or use it for much else. the app store sucks.

Supposedly Outlook will be included in the next update.

joannayoung1984 08-08-2013 06:22 PM

Having owned the Windows Phone HTC HD 7, I know firsthand just how limited Windows Marketplace is, the Mango update (WP 7.5) that was the "big" thing 2 years ago? A huge joke was what it was.

I personally wouldn't want to own anymore Windows phones or tablets until they up their game in the app world. Specs might be important but when you're frustrated every time you're searching for an app or game on Marketplace only to find out that it isn't available or is available but with limited capabilities, it's just isn't worth spending the money on.

To me, the last successful things they've managed to release was Windows 7 and Office 2010. I have yet to try Office 2013 so I can't comment there. Tried Windows 8 for 2 months and ended up downgrading back to Win7.

As a PC and laptop user, I'm pro Linux and Windows, but for tablets and phones? Android all the way. (I've tried Apple, but having to constantly jailbreak the devices for each update gives me a headache). The future of Android is limitless now with every other device out there having Android os.

rockyct 08-08-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbp775 (Post 61201728)
Supposedly Outlook will be included in the next update.

It's already out in preview version of Windows 8.1 RT. The final version of 8.1 should be out within a month.

tipstir 08-08-2013 07:23 PM

This deal would be better if it was $149 since is used or factory repaired. No keyboard and Microsoft Store has limited app software. The Store app for windows is Allmyapps is better for those of us still on Windows 7. Although to me that software likes to take over our PC. Task Scheduler has daily task for that software to run. I disable it. Run as in the Registry, removed! Don't see the need for such an app to be running in the background.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
without Microsoft Office 2010

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
with Kingsoft Office 2013 Free

I also have MS Office 2013 it's okay but on Windows Dual Core Tablet running 8 Pro it uses so much RAM. I did try Opensource Office that use to be with Sun Micro Systems and now Apache runs the software. Looks dated to me uses less memory.

I only have one Windows tablet here but it was made for Windows 7 Professional. It came with 7 and 8 Preview on it. It's okay very heavy though 2.6lbs Uses 19V 2100mAh, I had to use ANKER 2000 Pro with it made it to work. So now it uses 20,000mAh battery.

Dual core 1.5GHz 64-bit Intel Atom runs @ 1.4.9GHz
2GB DDR3 Memory
32GB ES microsd slot
320GB SATAIII IS
2 USB slots
HDMI port Full
9.7 IPS Panel
BT

More for business but still for what it does it can run Windows 8 Pro but I don't like the way 8 is with 7 under the shell or more overlay.

I use 5.1 with a Microlab B51 can clip on to any tablet, laptop, netbook and LED/LCD thin Monitor. Powered by USB and has 3.5 stereo connector has 2x speakers 2 watts each total 4 watts has power on and off. Works great.

Anyway Android tablets are more the norm and since 2010 for me over 45 of them now. Smart phone I use is Android might as well be since that's what I do program ROM Upgrades for tablet and might now use Android smart phone. Windows smart phones never take off as well as Android smart phones has.

timsy 08-08-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dajinn (Post 61192608)
Do you really like that the NSA is able to track you? Should be enough to get rid of it.

(lol)

What do you mean? I watched several Senators and Congressman (fonts of knowledge and wisdom) tell me that they only have my phone number and meta data (apparently including lat/lon) so they don't know it's actually me, right?

I mean the NSA couldn't do a Google search to find my name from my phone number like I would on a Craigslist ad for a used car? right? right?

Cause they say they're not doing that, right?

On a completely unrelated topic, that's an awful funny looking airplane over my house. It doesn't look big enough for a pilot...

JanisPeterson 08-08-2013 07:27 PM

great deal thank you

ntdatter 08-08-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chi-YanC (Post 61192868)
This comes with full versions of office apps, except outlook. Not bad if you were planning to buy office and use it on an tiny notebook.

Sorry if I sound uninformed, which I may be, but it says office "preview"... is this the full version and not demo/preview of the full version?

Thanks!

mrviper100 08-08-2013 08:34 PM

FYI, On November 14, 2012, Microsoft was sued for false advertising and unfair business practices due to the fact that about half of the total storage space on its 32 GB Surface RT tablet was used by the operating system, applications, and recovery data. Microsoft responded that the suit was without merit, because it had advertised the discrepancy on its website.

max1001 08-08-2013 09:02 PM

Tempted but I have no clue what I would do with this. I use my tablet mostly for gaming and the gaming selection for RT is a joke.

Quote:

Originally Posted by joannayoung1984 (Post 61202048)
Having owned the Windows Phone HTC HD 7, I know firsthand just how limited Windows Marketplace is, the Mango update (WP 7.5) that was the "big" thing 2 years ago? A huge joke was what it was.

I personally wouldn't want to own anymore Windows phones or tablets until they up their game in the app world. Specs might be important but when you're frustrated every time you're searching for an app or game on Marketplace only to find out that it isn't available or is available but with limited capabilities, it's just isn't worth spending the money on.

To me, the last successful things they've managed to release was Windows 7 and Office 2010. I have yet to try Office 2013 so I can't comment there. Tried Windows 8 for 2 months and ended up downgrading back to Win7.

As a PC and laptop user, I'm pro Linux and Windows, but for tablets and phones? Android all the way. (I've tried Apple, but having to constantly jailbreak the devices for each update gives me a headache). The future of Android is limitless now with every other device out there having Android os.

And the simplest apps cost money.

agentkhiem 08-08-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Are you this contentious in person, or does your disposable screen name empower you?

maddoggyusa 08-08-2013 09:09 PM

give em a break... the ipad losers are still mad they can't run MS Office. it's like buying a car that runs on kerosene... yea it kinda works but it's not the standard.

get an android device and you have to give up all your personal information everytime you want to add a program

Win8 tablets will take over the tablet market over the next few years

trojanvirus 08-08-2013 09:11 PM

If Windows RT actually has a Chrome browser, this might be worth considering. Definitely not using IE

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddoggyusa (Post 61204820)
give em a break... the ipad losers are still mad they can't run MS Office. it's like buying a car that runs on kerosene... yea it kinda works but it's not the standard.

get an android device and you have to give up all your personal information everytime you want to add a program

Win8 tablets will take over the tablet market over the next few years

Yes, that must be the reason why Win8 is selling like hotcakes and no one is downgrading back to Win7

Futureproof 08-08-2013 09:12 PM

$250 w/ the keyboard, and then we'll talk.

xon3R4Te 08-08-2013 09:24 PM

This tablet isn't a deal until at least 200 USD new, IMO.

I have nothing against Windows RT; but, we all know that Microsoft has $900 million wholesale value worth of Surfaces growing mold in a warehouse somewhere and its a race against the clock as Tegra 3 is getting older and older.

If Microsoft is serious about recuperating any of the Surfaces value, it will be 200 USD or less soon. Come next year who knows how much a Surface will be worth? <100 USD fair value is likely.

ipp 08-08-2013 09:26 PM

lol not a deal.

charlie hustle 08-08-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

You are being super annoying here.

cheap_bastid 08-08-2013 09:28 PM

As an owner of all three major platforms (Windows 8 touchscreen laptop, iPad, Android tablets), I'm struggling to justify the reason for the existence of these tablets.

These RT tablets exist in a black hole where they are almost useful enough for some very limited purposes, but really pale in comparison to the competition.

My true hope is for Bay Trail or Haswell Windows 8 tablets running full desktop of Windows. The next version of Windows Surface Pro with Haswell would mop the floor with Android and iPad tablets. But the RT tablets truly lack purpose for most people.

This is a very strange situation indeed. I don't know if I could justify owning an RT tablet even at $100, but stepping up to full Windows 8 with next gen hardware would instantly blaze the competition.

So yea I'd stay from these for now (and maybe forever).

mrviper100 08-08-2013 09:39 PM

This will only get worse with any new updates. On November 14, 2012, Microsoft was sued for false advertising and unfair business practices due to the fact that about half of the total storage space on its 32 GB Surface RT tablet was used by the operating system, applications, and recovery data. Microsoft responded that the suit was without merit, because it had advertised the discrepancy on its website.

killertofu 08-08-2013 09:40 PM

Pretty useless tablet. No apps...

PooMBA 08-08-2013 09:40 PM

Does the battery problem still exist in these tablets?

ChadOath 08-08-2013 09:42 PM

thanks. i'm comparing a lot of the tabs listed lately.

BigBlue10989 08-08-2013 09:43 PM

I'd rather pay the $279 for a refurbished Galaxy Note 10.1

hbsjr 08-08-2013 09:43 PM

APPS APPS APPS APPS APPS APPS APPS APPS APPS APPS APPS APPS is my problem here... Android tablet has more apps..

uknowsana 08-08-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

You lost all credibility by using M$. Period!
Next time, every for a makeup story, try to be a little bit realistic
and please dont go to MS camps if you call them M$

uknowsana 08-08-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeadudeW (Post 61196644)
The office in this POS is not a full desktop version. Full desktop version support macro and VBscript. This is actually a cut down version of the student office. Anyone with a real job would need the full version the comes with macro and VBscript support.

also, please double check the spec of this POS, the screen is not even 1080p. You are really not too bright. LOL

and any one with a "real" job should go for the Pro version
I agree the screen is not 1080p but it wont stop it playing a 1080p video.

Scurbdog 08-08-2013 09:55 PM

Slow day if this made FP. Maybe with the keyboard included.

leavi24 08-08-2013 09:55 PM

Surface?? his balls!! Piece of non recyclable waste on earth.

uknowsana 08-08-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrviper100 (Post 61204336)
FYI, On November 14, 2012, Microsoft was sued for false advertising and unfair business practices due to the fact that about half of the total storage space on its 32 GB Surface RT tablet was used by the operating system, applications, and recovery data. Microsoft responded that the suit was without merit, because it had advertised the discrepancy on its website.

And 16GB Galaxy S4 comes with 9 GB useable memory.
The hue and cry died off sooner than later b/c users were able to remove the recovery partition. This law suit was just a cheap try to get famous by an anonymous lawyer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by trojanvirus (Post 61204842)
If Windows RT actually has a Chrome browser, this might be worth considering. Definitely not using IE

Yes, that must be the reason why Win8 is selling like hotcakes and no one is downgrading back to Win7

Chrome browse is still unstable on Android. Only Chrome OS and Chrome for desktop has worth.

Binar 08-08-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uknowsana (Post 61205198)
You lost all credibility by using M$. Period!
Next time, every for a makeup story, try to be a little bit realistic
and please dont go to MS camps if you call them M$

I call them M$ since they released win 3.1 network edition and they charged extraa for it even if it was just a service pack for windows 3.0 . I can also provide you the phone number for the M$ location were the camp was. I can give you the name of the 2 trainers and most likely they'll confirm the story. Do you own a Surface? If yes tell us your settings and how much battery life you get out if it. Are you able to write macros or pivot tables in excel? If yes explain to us how you do it? If your answer is no STFU because you have no idea what you are talking about and you do nothing more but to steer ppl to buy an obsolite tablet.

uknowsana 08-08-2013 10:04 PM

Surface RT is not a good investment as of now. NVidia and Qaulcomm both have been claiming to be working on "next" generation of Surface. $900 Million write off by Microsoft means Microsoft already expected no return from the remaining inventory. So, it is wise to not buy it now for any reason. It will definitely be hitting bottom prices sooner than later[May be Microsoft use them during holiday season for dirt cheap prices just to boost sales and create some buzzz]

cfishy 08-08-2013 10:06 PM

I can't believe this thing made front page. without a keyboard cover!

EdMcK515 08-08-2013 10:09 PM

Can I ask what are the must have apps that are on iPad and Android. Outside of games, most of the popular apps out there are just an optimized version of a website for a tablet/phone, something not needed on RT as the built in Internet Explorer has fill flash support and renders full Web pages no problem. Meanwhile full office is great on the tablet, particularly Outlook. Probably the best tablet email functionality.

Binar 08-08-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfishy (Post 61205436)
I can't believe this thing made front page. without a keyboard cover!

That plus I'm so gonna laugh if it turns out the seller is a scammer. 200+ feedback with so many tablets in stock willing to sell at a big discount price makes one wonder if this is not a scam.

xveganrox 08-08-2013 10:13 PM

I'll probably pick one up if they hit $99.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ntdatter (Post 61203318)
Sorry if I sound uninformed, which I may be, but it says office "preview"... is this the full version and not demo/preview of the full version?

Thanks!

It is the full version. "Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013 RT Preview" was basically what they called the version of Office on the tablets before it was finished. If you connect it to the internet it will update it to "Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013 RT" and remove the "Preview."
Quote:

Originally Posted by topcat2001 (Post 61201344)
Go see a therapist and workout your anger with Microsoft.

Oh, you're going to fit in well here.

slick5dealer 08-08-2013 10:17 PM

How come this is on FP and also who gave this deal a flaming hot icon?

pfloyd 08-08-2013 10:19 PM

good deal! :thumbsup:

ubiquitous 08-08-2013 10:19 PM

Price isn't bad but, in my humble opinion, you just can't beat the software support and customization that an Android tablet provides.

maddoggyusa 08-08-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trojanvirus (Post 61204842)

you are probably one of those people who:
1) used win8 for 5 mintues
2) never used win8

most of the people who use win8 and work through it eventually like it. it's not perfect, but it has quite a few big improvements. for one, it's uber fast compared to win7. bootup in less than 10 secs with an ssd. I have win8 on 2 desktops, 1 laptop, and 1 tablet. I have an unused win7 license sitting on my desk. win7 was just vista without the warning prompts... microsoft fooled all you microsoft haters.

Kollegekaffee 08-08-2013 10:56 PM

I wonder if any of the negative posters here in the thread has actually used a surface rt.
i got an ipad3 i'm currently typing on, a surface pro, a surface rt and a couple of other android tablets (job related). the surface rt with 8.1 and outlook is the perfect device to get work done.
I'm not a gamer but I find all my needs addressed in this device. Sure the ipad display is a bit more crisp, but for 249 it's a steal.

AznCracker 08-08-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psyctto (Post 61189580)
i commented in this thread (2nd post), it was 181$ yesterday. i clicked through, is gone now.
http://slickdeals.net/f/6201692-Save-30-on-any-Dell-Outlet-XPS-or-Alienware-laptop-20-25-on-others?

and here it was available with dock for 250$. also gone now.
http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/94248/dell-home-outlet-dell-xps-10-10.1-windows-rt-tablet-w-keyboard-dock-refurbished-64gb-290-or-32gb

well the tablet is back in stock but the coupons dont work on it.

B/B 08-08-2013 11:00 PM

Binar been hating here all night. lol Get a life mate.

Binar 08-08-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddoggyusa (Post 61205894)
2) never used win8

most of the people who use win8 and work through it eventually like it. it's not perfect, but it has quite a few big improvements. for one, it's uber fast compared to win7. bootup in less than 10 secs with an ssd. I have win8 on 2 desktops, 1 laptop, and 1 tablet. I have an unused win7 license sitting on my desk. win7 was just vista without the warning prompts... microsoft fooled all you microsoft haters.

With the new service pack coming in sept win 8 will get the start button back. And the start up tiles are easy to disable http://mauriciogracia.com/win8desktop/

smartdeals 08-08-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xveganrox (Post 61205514)
I'll probably pick one up if they hit $99.

yes, we bought touchpad for that price!

huzaifas 08-08-2013 11:04 PM

Somebody above mentioned the Dell XPS 10 having better battery life, some guy is selling a bunch of them on eBay also at the same price:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-XPS-...2581318dd6

cheap_bastid 08-08-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B/B (Post 61205976)
Binar been hating here all night. lol Get a life mate.

I find he's provided some good info. Don't know why quite a few people seem to be taking his posts personally.

If you guys have issues with him use the report button and deal with it offline ( although I don't see any issues with his input in the thread) . Let's keep the thread on topic.

xveganrox 08-08-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartdeals (Post 61205998)
yes, we bought touchpad for that price!

Still have one, it was worth every dollar :)

B/B 08-08-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheap_bastid (Post 61206042)
I find he's provided some good info. Don't know why quite a few people seem to be taking his posts personally.

If you guys have issues with him use the report button and deal with it offline ( although I don't see any issues with his input in the thread) . Let's keep the thread on topic.

Cool story mate. People don't need to be here constantly putting down the product. State your opinion and move on.

AznCracker 08-08-2013 11:13 PM

<p>
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdMcK515 (Post 61205468)
Can I ask what are the must have apps that are on iPad and Android. Outside of games, most of the popular apps out there are just an optimized version of a website for a tablet/phone, something not needed on RT as the built in Internet Explorer has fill flash support and renders full Web pages no problem. Meanwhile full office is great on the tablet, particularly Outlook. Probably the best tablet email functionality.

</p> well the SD app is a start. The ones third parties make are mediocre.i just google SD everyone In looking for a deal on my phone. C'mon SD if you are gonna promote windows deals make an official app for it.

Binar 08-08-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheap_bastid (Post 61206042)

While I don't "hate" on M$ , heck I have 4 pc's and 1 laptop using M$ products, I bought 2 windows phones for my elder parents (Titan and lumia) I consider Surface a sup par piece of hardware . If you take the time to read the whole thread, excluding my posts, you'll see that my opinion is shared by majority of users. SD is about sharing a deal and sharing a personal opinion regarding the product . As a previous poster said I think we'll see bigger price cuts in the future. The main problem is the battery life, dumbed down OS on RT and office 365 ( I don't trust cloud and I'm against monthly subscriptions) . What I love is the keyboard.

trojanvirus 08-08-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uknowsana (Post 61205344)
And 16GB Galaxy S4 comes with 9 GB useable memory.
The hue and cry died off sooner than later b/c users were able to remove the recovery partition. This law suit was just a cheap try to get famous by an anonymous lawyer.

Chrome browse is still unstable on Android. Only Chrome OS and Chrome for desktop has worth.

Chrome browser on Android is as good as I need it. Don't see any problem with it at all. Chrome OS is like that unwanted child

trojanvirus 08-08-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

2) never used win8

Well you are wrong as I have win8 on my laptop. And please source your "data" on most people used win8 eventually like it

gadman56 08-08-2013 11:26 PM

I have seen this sell on Ebay for $350 by a person simply adding "iPad iPod Tablet..." to the title of the auction. I wonder if I can flip this to more consumer idiots...

inertially 08-08-2013 11:31 PM

Should be $24.99

Microsoft should just tell a couple of their devs to port Android to it, and the value will instantly jump by several orders of magnitude.

Binar 08-08-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadman56 (Post 61206208)
I have seen this sell on Ebay for $350 by a person simply adding "iPad iPod Tablet..." to the title of the auction. I wonder if I can flip this to more consumer idiots...

I've seen empty boxes going for that much. The seller would list the picture of the tablet and write somewhere in the lenghty description of the auction "box only "

Probably would've made FP on SD

DontTaxBeer 08-08-2013 11:55 PM

I smell something burning. Could be a fire sale coming soon?

Binar 08-08-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DontTaxBeer (Post 61206478)
I smell something burning. Could be a fire sale coming soon?

Black Friday is arround the corner

itsxjustin 08-09-2013 12:04 AM

Id buy for 150.'

cheap_bastid 08-09-2013 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Binar (Post 61206148)
While I don't "hate" on M$ , heck I have 4 pc's and 1 laptop using M$ products, I bought 2 windows phones for my elder parents (Titan and lumia) I consider Surface a sup par piece of hardware . If you take the time to read the whole thread, excluding my posts, you'll see that my opinion is shared by majority of users. SD is about sharing a deal and sharing a personal opinion regarding the product . As a previous poster said I think we'll see bigger price cuts in the future. The main problem is the battery life, dumbed down OS on RT and office 365 ( I don't trust cloud and I'm against monthly subscriptions) . What I love is the keyboard.

I do happen to agree with you btw.

Quote:

Originally Posted by trojanvirus (Post 61206164)
Chrome browser on Android is as good as I need it. Don't see any problem with it at all. Chrome OS is like that unwanted child

Agreed, not sure what he's smoking.

thehash 08-09-2013 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trojanvirus (Post 61206178)
Well you are wrong as I have win8 on my laptop. And please source your "data" on most people used win8 eventually like it

source...me...data...i like it:cool:

but seriosuly if ur issue is with the ui and u cant figure out how to make it the way u want it, then ur either really old or just ignorant. download classic shell and bam ull love windows 8 for the performance enhancements. im running it on a 7200rpm harddrive and this boots up in 15-20 seconds.

thehash 08-09-2013 12:38 AM

Quote:

2) never used win8

u can convince the retards why windows 8 is better, its like they cant take 2 seconds to download classic shell and make it look like win7 and never have to deal with the ui. id never go back to windows 7, windows 8 is fast and uses little resources, also gives better benchmarks.

thehash 08-09-2013 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrviper100 (Post 61204336)

really? are people stupid?...of course its going to use some of the storage, thats something people should have looked into when buying it.

thehash 08-09-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GIRay (Post 61197252)
Because iPad is overpriced and dated. Nook HD + ($110) and Nexus 7($229) are better and slicker choices compared to iPad and Surface RT.

my man repped :cool: ios is a crap phone os its had its run, they need to do more then make folders lol

scv91355 08-09-2013 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dajinn (Post 61188862)

I would be thrilled to produce a commercial with you to address this exact topic:bounce:

ArthurSpooner 08-09-2013 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bagwell (Post 61189378)
great deal.

plus you can get a squaretrade warranty on this thing for dirt cheap.

I see you're not aware STrade no longer covers refurbd items.. there's at least one site that does. ')

Xiroteus 08-09-2013 02:05 AM

Quote:

2) never used win8

Have to agree that Windows 8 really is not that bad once a little time is spent with it. Some things are a bit odd compared to Windows 7 yet there will be a time the move to Windows 8 will have or need to happen anyway, likely not for many years since my new computer is using it, why not.

I doubt Windows 8 is any different then someone trying a Mac for the first time and calling it horrible because it is taking longer then half a minute to get used to it. Now if someone has tired something long enough and dislikes it then that is fair. (LINUX!!!! thing can't do anything)