Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Klipsch Image ONE Premium On-Ear Headphones with Mic and 3-Button Apple Control (Black) $70 + Free Shipping (http://slickdeals.net/f/6241584-klipsch-image-one-premium-on-ear-headphones-with-mic-and-3-button-apple-control-black-70-free-shipping)

Discombobulated 08-26-2013 09:36 AM

Klipsch Image ONE Premium On-Ear Headphones with Mic and 3-Button Apple Control (Black) $70 + Free Shipping

7 Attachment(s)
World Wide Stereo

For those interested
  • Klipsch Image ONE Premium On-Ear Headphones with Mic and 3-Button Apple Control [wwstereo.com] (Black)
    • $69.99 + Free Shipping (price will reflect at final checkout with promo code)
    • Promo Code: SDIMG1
      • Features
        • Professional grade foam ear cups provide premium comfort and noise isolation
        • Full music and/or voice control on select Apple products and Echo-cancelling 360 degree mic
        • Adjustable leather headband for custom fit
        • Ear cups fold flat for easy storage/travel
          • Includes
            • Klipsch Image ONE Premium Headphones /w black finish and chrome leather accents
            • Premium Carrying Case
            • Clothing Clip
            • Airline Adapter
            • ¼-inch Adapter
            • 2-year warranty
        • Reviews [amazon.com] here on these bad boys

brisar 08-26-2013 09:36 AM

Klipsch Image ONE Premium On-Ear Headphones with Mic and 3-Button Apple Control (Black) $70 + Free Shipping

1 Attachment(s)
World Wide Stereo has Klipsch Image ONE Premium On-Ear Headphones with Mic and 3-Button Apple Control in Black (1012313) for $69.99 when you apply promo code SDIMG1 at checkout. Shipping is Free. Thanks Discombobulated

heavymetal 08-26-2013 01:24 PM

Now lets get a deal on the bluetooth version!

ppnff 08-26-2013 03:12 PM

Wow. That's a great price. Sadly, I just bought V-Moda Crossfade LP. Bummer.

DaVinci312 08-26-2013 06:22 PM

Are these better or worse than the reference one?

Doyourhomework 08-26-2013 08:57 PM

These will come down lower. They are trying to move stock.

mitsuko1211 08-27-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavymetal (Post 61557202)
Now lets get a deal on the bluetooth version!

i looked up the bluetooth version, added into B&H cart, and in the card it comes to $171. It's showing $250-300 everywhere else.

im not familiar with these headphones, but is that a deal?

edit* forgot to provide a link, but seems not to work anymore and showing $250 http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/pro...hones.html

mjzglr 08-27-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaVinci312 (Post 61562444)
Are these better or worse than the reference one?

Better. Cord is better. Fit is better. Subjectively sound better too.

I like these better than the image II and ref one. Have 'em all.

tlp 08-27-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitsuko1211 (Post 61572460)
i looked up the bluetooth version, added into B&H cart, and in the card it comes to $171. It's showing $250-300 everywhere else.

edit* forgot to provide a link, but seems not to work anymore and showing $250 http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/pro...hones.html

Amazon has the bluetooth version for $199. Sold by... World Wide Stereo. They're also available through Amazon directly for $171.99 but ships in 3-5 weeks.

fujirio 08-27-2013 10:57 AM

to bad promo code doesnt work on amazon since WWstereo sells them as well on amazon

heavymetal 08-27-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitsuko1211 (Post 61572460)

That would be a pretty good cut in price! too bad it's not working anymore :(
I would compare these to the bose AE2w, which I would actually prefer, they look like they fit over the ears better and some of the reviews of the image one say that particular model is aimed more towards young people with the more amplified bass. However I would say both are quality name brand and worth getting but $250 is a good chunk of change
P.S. both models also have an optional aux in line so if the batteries are dead or you cannot use bluetooth they are still operational.

heavymetal 08-27-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tlp (Post 61573278)
Amazon has the bluetooth version for $199. Sold by... World Wide Stereo. They're also available through Amazon directly for $171.99 but ships in 3-5 weeks.

do you have a link for those? i cannot find them :rolleyes:

tlp 08-27-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavymetal (Post 61579098)
do you have a link for those? i cannot find them :rolleyes:

Here [amazon.com] is the link to the Bluetooth version on Amazon. It looks like the WWS stock is depleted but if you look at More Buying Choices along the right, it shows Amazon for $171.99.

If white is your thing, there are a bunch of retailers [amazon.com] that have it for around $149.

Solarium 08-27-2013 01:29 PM

How do these compare to the Sennheiser PC 360's, I'm looking for good quality headphones with a mic for PC gaming mainly (and music). Looking to upgrade from my current Logitech G35's

beerdude 08-27-2013 02:05 PM

How do these stack up the UE 6000?

tlife 08-27-2013 02:13 PM

Isnt the reference model supposed to be better than regular one?

Areed67 08-27-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tlife (Post 61580644)

See the previous thread from two weeks ago (I bought them).

The summary is: they're the same in every way except for the trim color (ONE = black, REFERENCE = copper), but most likely Apple's licensing issues prevent companies from upgrading a "compatible" item and using the same name, even when the upgrade has to do with Apple technology that has changed. The specs on the box for the REFERENCE and the ONE are identical.

They are bass-heavy compared to the Senns/Grados/UE's I have, and it is a little fatiguing but I have not messed with EQ at all yet - still waiting for the proper burn-in first. These are ON EAR headphones, so they can also make your ears a little sore over extended periods of time.

For my MacBook Pro, they work great. I no longer have to switch headsets for Skype calls when I've been using a higher quality set for music. Everyone noticed the mic clarity when I switched over the iPhone earbuds, the ambient mic and a logitech mic.

panfist 08-27-2013 03:28 PM

To people talking about the bluetooth version, how is bluetooth audio quality? That has always put me off from buying bluetooth or any wireless headphones. Is bluetooth audio good enough for music listening? I wouldn't really call myself an audiophile, but I definitely appreciate a good pair of head phones. Not much point if the bluetooth connection limits the quality.

debonas 08-27-2013 04:21 PM

My only gripe about these headphones is the two wires vs one wire to the cups in other models/sets. Why do they have to put two wires ?

mjzglr 08-27-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tlife (Post 61580644)

No. The reference are to match the speakers.

BUT

The cord on the reference is a horrible material that crimps. The cord on these is much better although still two ears. I still think these are more comfortable and sound better.

Resiroth 08-27-2013 06:33 PM

Image one has more bass than reference one, (anyone that isn't a bass-head would say too much, for a bass-head it would be finally enough...seriously there is a TON of bass). I bought the reference ones a while back for 62 bucks. These headphones in particular seem to be sensitive to what is driving them, and not in a way you would expect. They sound the best (BY FAR) being driven by portable devices/with the volume down on computer. They will be plenty loud, they just have low resistance so with high input volume the quality goes to shit (and for some reason doesn't seem to get much louder).

Even though I own the reference ones and not image one they are quite similar (in resistance especially) so I expect my comments apply to the image one.

These headphones are open, very portable (on account of them being on-ear) but have a VERY heavy bass emphasis. If you're looking for closed cans (block noise more) that are less portable look into ATH-M50 for around 100 on sale. I bought these (basically the same) and realized after the fact I don't really need a portable headphone set. Still, if you're looking for portable headset that is high quality (and more importantly allows you to hear what the heck is going on around you to some extent aka car horns/shouting) then either the image one or reference one (a bit less bass) are great bets.

oppa82 08-27-2013 08:31 PM

I've been eyeing the Vmoda Crossfade M100 for a while but it was too expensive for my blood. Thanks for this deal OP I can't wait to try them out

Krunk 08-28-2013 12:58 AM

Anyone else getting "Invalid promotion – Please contact 1.866.961.7781 for assistance"

Shad0wguy 08-28-2013 09:10 AM

I've had these headphones for over a year. Paid $130 for them. Still love them. The best sounding headphones I've ever had.

Areed67 08-28-2013 09:26 AM

These are most certainly NOT open headphones - these are closed and extremely isolating.

dannynjoni 08-28-2013 04:49 PM

I purchased the Reference One's a couple weeks ago @ $62 as well. Love them. Not quite as comfy as my old Sennheiser 555's but I think the sound is more musical overall.

Anyways I read about an app named Audessey that supposedly used the digital signature of certain headphones and makes them sound the way they should. I got it and agree that it makes them sound the best out of any of the EQ settings I tried on my iPhone 5. I mentioned the app in the other thread too in case it helps - especially if you don't like being bass heavy. The app helps them sound more balanced IMO.

Just a FYI

*edit: I don't usually post what amounts to free advertisement for apps. And I don't work for the company lol. I really like how it paired with THESE headphones. I have no idea how it might work with others...

memphisboi55 08-30-2013 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ppnff (Post 61559464)
Wow. That's a great price. Sadly, I just bought V-Moda Crossfade LP. Bummer.

I lied really just got a pair in mail earlier this week too.

memphisboi55 08-30-2013 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memphisboi55 (Post 61636410)
I lied really just got a pair in mail earlier this week too.

*literally

deshwasi 08-30-2013 06:54 AM

so which one is better? V-Moda M-80 or this Klipsch

nealh 09-01-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannynjoni (Post 61607754)
I purchased the Reference One's a couple weeks ago @ $62 as well. Love them. Not quite as comfy as my old Sennheiser 555's but I think the sound is more musical overall.

Anyways I read about an app named Audessey that supposedly used the digital signature of certain headphones and makes them sound the way they should. I got it and agree that it makes them sound the best out of any of the EQ settings I tried on my iPhone 5. I mentioned the app in the other thread too in case it helps - especially if you don't like being bass heavy. The app helps them sound more balanced IMO.

Just a FYI

*edit: I don't usually post what amounts to free advertisement for apps. And I don't work for the company lol. I really like how it paired with THESE headphones. I have no idea how it might work with others...

I received my Image one yesterday. Shipping was very fast!

I had Sennheiser 555 and modded them to more like the 595. After short term use with Image one, I know I prefer a closed headphone over an open one(ala sennheiser).

The Klipsch definitely have more bass than the 555 and with the wrong song can be too much but I think these sound great so far after couple hours of use.

I am 48 and listen to the 1980/90's music(non-metal non-bass heavy music-- more pop), Symphony and on sirius the Blend and Pulse.

They seem very comfortable, not too tight and my ears are not large so that I can make them on-ear or over the ear. The leather is slight warm but not a big deal. I can't believe how good these sound for $70.

Mine unfortunately came with a bad kink/crimp in the right cord near where they attached to the headphone. I think I will need to exchange it as I am worried the underlying wire is damaged??. I am not 100% as the sound is so good but with long-term use in mind I dont want the defect to become an issue