View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 09:40 AM
beeeeeer
  • Oct 2005
  • San Diego, CA - Land of Beer
  • 2,531 mattman688 has a reputation beyond repute
Last night I had Karl Strauss' Oktoberfest... my review is skewed as i drank 2 double bastards prior to it...so it seemed kinda boring...and pissed off that its a screw cap bottle Mad
no pics Sorry

Poured a copperish amber with an off white head that is paper thin and fades quickly.
Aroma is light caramel and light malt base..
Taste: The first punch to the tongue is a weak one. Slight caramel taste, a taste of toasted malt grains and a crisp clean bitterness at the end. Medium body, and pretty bubbly. Very easy drinker and my whole family enjoyed. Seems to be a pretty PAR blonde lager Oktoberfest, nothing bad but nothing special. If it was around i would drink it again, but i wouldn't spend my money on it.
7.5/10

Last edited by mattman688; 10-13-2008 at 09:45 AM..
lupulin theshold shift \ lu-pu-lin thesh-old shift \n 1. When a once extraordinarily hoppy beer now seems pedestrian. 2. The phenomenon a person has when craving more bitterness in a beer. 3. The long-term exposure to extremely hoppy beers; if excessive or prolonged, a habitual dependence on hops will occur. 4. When a "Double IPA" just is not enough.
Beer