View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008, 09:44 PM
beeeeeer
  • Oct 2005
  • San Diego, CA - Land of Beer
  • 2,531 mattman688 has a reputation beyond repute

Dogfish Head Palo Santa Marron

appearance is dark brown ale, good carbonation, 1/2 finger head that stayed through the whole beer. Lacing was excellent, showed the 7 lines of which i drank from..light brown head and lacing.
Aroma was very sweet, picked up a strong caramel scent, as well as a bunch of vanilla.
taste- a mix between a brown and a porter...hint of oak, but i primary pick up the caramel and molasses flavor. call me weird but i tasted a butter tone in there, but you know what? it was actually pleasent. Slight alcohol warming despite the 12%abv, chocolate tones later on and the end mouth taste is roasted grains...very balanced and very good. Seems somewhat of a dry ending..
great mouthfeel, very easy drinker but punishes you with a 12% abv, can get very dangerous if you picked up a few 4packers...
overall, very satisfied, luckily i saw this at holiday last time i went so that makes me happy...
8.8/10

despite both of you i went with a brown ale Harhar i wanted to stay hoppy but not super hoppy so my wife wants to be near me tonight..Evil

Last edited by mattman688; 10-17-2008 at 09:49 PM..
lupulin theshold shift \ lu-pu-lin thesh-old shift \n 1. When a once extraordinarily hoppy beer now seems pedestrian. 2. The phenomenon a person has when craving more bitterness in a beer. 3. The long-term exposure to extremely hoppy beers; if excessive or prolonged, a habitual dependence on hops will occur. 4. When a "Double IPA" just is not enough.
Beer