View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 08:53 PM
beeeeeer
  • Oct 2005
  • San Diego, CA - Land of Beer
  • 2,531 mattman688 has a reputation beyond repute
Had the Stoudts IIPA
Whats funny is that when i popped the top it had a decent amount of trudge caked on the side of the mouth of the bottle...probably from the shipping being laid on its side and being bottle conditioned.. i made sure i poured extra slow from the other side of the neck in hope that i didn't pick up any unwanted trudge. Didn't bother me a bit...
Poured a nice golden copper look, 3/4 finger head that disapates rather quickly. Lacing was thin but hung on the glass for the entire drink.
Aroma, floral hops and a bit of citrus. I was actually expecting a bigger hop punch in my face but it didn't give it. An excellent aroma though overall.
Taste- bittering hops did their job well. very easy drinker at the begginning of each sip and then your tongue tingles with great carbonation and great hop flavors. great malt base that goes well with the hops. The hops are more present in the taste than the aroma. Very sweet and very citrisy. Enjoyed every sip as i slowly drank this while eating pasta for dinner. Alcohol is more present as this beer warms, this beer as well is a big beer being a 10%abv.
Not my favorite IIPA, but if this beer was locally i probably would buy it frequently because this is just a damn solid beer. Wish it was a little hoppier, but overall this beer left me satisfied. Licklips
8.9/10

Last edited by mattman688; 10-18-2008 at 08:57 PM..
lupulin theshold shift \ lu-pu-lin thesh-old shift \n 1. When a once extraordinarily hoppy beer now seems pedestrian. 2. The phenomenon a person has when craving more bitterness in a beer. 3. The long-term exposure to extremely hoppy beers; if excessive or prolonged, a habitual dependence on hops will occur. 4. When a "Double IPA" just is not enough.
Beer