View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 06:58 AM
beeeeeer
  • Oct 2005
  • San Diego, CA - Land of Beer
  • 2,531 mattman688 has a reputation beyond repute

had brians Oatmeal stout...

Pours damn near black(darker than mine), didn't get any head, maybe only a few tight bubbles around the rim of the glass. Lacing was minimal but a creamy light brown in color and was definately there. Carbonation was on the lower side, but suited this beer nicely.
Aroma: sweet malt, roasted grains, touch of coffee, and bitter chocolate...excellent just what i would expect out of an oatmeal stout. Licklips
Taste- It actually had a lot of comparisons to my oatmeal stout. This one had a full flavor from beggining to end, mine doesn't quite compare to it but i would consider the little brother of this beer. Initial taste is a splash between roasted grain, coffee and then a hint of dark chocolate. I picked up a trace of smokiness, but it was super faint. Bittering hops are hiding in this beer, but are well balanced for this beer... Very crisp taste to the tongue and to me this would be another great beer for anytime of the day. Not too much alcohol warmth, but you can tell the alcohol is hiding behind this beer. Still a very delicious beer.
i wish i had more Frown
overall, this beer is one that i can have at any time. Very delicious, not heavy but very dark, goes easy on my palette(though i gave my wife a sip and her face clinched in disgustlaugh out loud) i would recommend this beer to a friend.
8.4/10 Thumbup
lupulin theshold shift \ lu-pu-lin thesh-old shift \n 1. When a once extraordinarily hoppy beer now seems pedestrian. 2. The phenomenon a person has when craving more bitterness in a beer. 3. The long-term exposure to extremely hoppy beers; if excessive or prolonged, a habitual dependence on hops will occur. 4. When a "Double IPA" just is not enough.
Beer