View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 07:29 AM
beeeeeer
  • Oct 2005
  • San Diego, CA - Land of Beer
  • 2,531 mattman688 has a reputation beyond repute
Hopslam by Bells Brewery
Appearance - poured a copper/orange in color...poured fairly quickly and obtained a little head. White lacing was fairly sticky as in put notches on my glass after each sip. Little hazy, but probably due to hop haze. Great carbonation!
Aroma - actually my nose picked up the hop aroma once i popped the top... and it was even better once i poured into a glass and took a big wiff.. Grapefruit, floral and pine is what over powers this hop bomb. Great aroma that made me super satisfied even before i took a sip.
Taste - Awesome. pretty good caramel malt base and the grapefruit is the first impression that mouth gets of this beer. As the beer goes to the back of the throat your mouth starts to sense the pine bitterness. Definately not a taste bud killer, only a slight numbing feel to the tongue. Tasted some of the pine oilyness. Bitterness isn't super harsh, but lingers in your mouth for a good period of time. Alcohol is well masked, especially for being 10%. Could feel a little warmth, but its very subtle and was more present later in the pint. Ended with a fairly dry touch. Overall, this is a almost balanced beer, balanced for a DIPA because DIPA's can't be fully balanced due to bitterness levels. But this one drank really easy and sadly i just drank it too quick.
Body is medium to light, carbonation was tight in my mouth, and was fairly crisp...
9.4/10 Cheers

sorry for a crappy pic, i didn't even look at it and just wanted to drink mah beer

i wish i had more Crying2

Last edited by mattman688; 10-23-2008 at 07:34 AM..
lupulin theshold shift \ lu-pu-lin thesh-old shift \n 1. When a once extraordinarily hoppy beer now seems pedestrian. 2. The phenomenon a person has when craving more bitterness in a beer. 3. The long-term exposure to extremely hoppy beers; if excessive or prolonged, a habitual dependence on hops will occur. 4. When a "Double IPA" just is not enough.
Beer