View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 10:31 PM
beeeeeer
  • Oct 2005
  • San Diego, CA - Land of Beer
  • 2,531 mattman688 has a reputation beyond repute
So i went to Oggi's rest. and brewery...first off i ate their texas burger...all i can say is disgusting...i would rather eat at McDonalds...should of had their pizza..wife had a pepperoni calzone and that was disgusting too...i went there once before and never thought their food was that bad... 2/10

I had their Torrey Pines IPA on tap.
It poured a golden orange pour, no head with tight white sticky lacing that lasted through the whole beer.
Aroma- they claim that they used 5 different hops in making the beer...fine, but what are the quantities?! Aroma was a weak scent of citrus...still wondering where it was...
Taste- clean bittering, mostly citrus with a strong grapefruit overtone. A hint of earthy pine. Still, the bitterness was still lacking in my books. Sweet caramel backbone stood out in the crowd of hops. Wish it was hoppier.
Body was medium and the carbonation was excellent for this beer...
8/10
but the fact that they poured it into a COORS LIGHT pint glass....
7/10...wasn't worthy of a pic in that kind of glassMad
lupulin theshold shift \ lu-pu-lin thesh-old shift \n 1. When a once extraordinarily hoppy beer now seems pedestrian. 2. The phenomenon a person has when craving more bitterness in a beer. 3. The long-term exposure to extremely hoppy beers; if excessive or prolonged, a habitual dependence on hops will occur. 4. When a "Double IPA" just is not enough.
Beer