View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 09:20 PM
beeeeeer
  • Oct 2005
  • San Diego, CA - Land of Beer
  • 2,531 mattman688 has a reputation beyond repute
So i had the Clipper City Heavy Seas Peg Leg Imperial Stout
Appearance- pours a dark brown almost black beer... thin light brown head, lacing that falls rather quickly down the glass.

aroma- deep chocolate tones, roasted grains, very sweet, faint alcohol tones.

taste- very sweet chocolate tones, coffee very noticeable in this beer, roasted grains, very very sweet. dry crisp bubble that take the later half of the mouth. ends with nice earthy hop bitterness...alcohol very noticable and warmth is very present later as it warms. doesn't feel like an imperial stout, rather mild feeling for that style. very smooth but very delicious.

overall, if i could find this beer, i would definately pick up a sixer, and maybe even frequently...kinda tastes like a sweet candy beer. clive, you should ask david to send you one...tasty yummy

8.9/10 on the taste, and not a rating on the supposive imperial stout style.

lupulin theshold shift \ lu-pu-lin thesh-old shift \n 1. When a once extraordinarily hoppy beer now seems pedestrian. 2. The phenomenon a person has when craving more bitterness in a beer. 3. The long-term exposure to extremely hoppy beers; if excessive or prolonged, a habitual dependence on hops will occur. 4. When a "Double IPA" just is not enough.
Beer