View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 07:17 PM
beeeeeer
  • Oct 2005
  • San Diego, CA - Land of Beer
  • 2,531 mattman688 has a reputation beyond repute
Drinking Le Freak by Green Flash
its their IPA meets belgian tripple. 9.2%abv

Golden Orange beer that pours a nice 2 finger white head. Solid clarity...Slowly fading head that turns to sticky lacing that stands out for the whole beer.

Aroma- this has a very similar funkiness to my saison...so i guess thats a good sign for my saison laugh out loud I am guessing thats primarily the belgian yeast smell thats overpowering the rest of the aroma...But i do pick up primarily citrus hops, and a light whiff of apples and pine. Later in the beer i am picking up the bubblegum/banana scent...kinda interesting...stands out more as it warms...

Taste- Initial taste really punches in your mouth of a combo of sweet, sour, and bitterness... really interesting..I taste apples, caramel, pepper, and a nice earthy hop bitterness. The sweet taste lingers in your mouth as the bitterness fades. A nice touch of grain and maltiness background. Pretty tasty beer.

Mouthfeel- carbonation is great, very crisp initial hit on your pallete.medium body, and a dry aftertaste... pretty easy drinker, but be cautious as its a 9.2% beer. alcohol is present as it warms.

Overall, I am satisfied with this beer...this beer had more "flare" than stones belgian IPA, but i am craving Stones more that this one.

8.4/10

Last edited by mattman688; 11-05-2008 at 07:29 PM..
lupulin theshold shift \ lu-pu-lin thesh-old shift \n 1. When a once extraordinarily hoppy beer now seems pedestrian. 2. The phenomenon a person has when craving more bitterness in a beer. 3. The long-term exposure to extremely hoppy beers; if excessive or prolonged, a habitual dependence on hops will occur. 4. When a "Double IPA" just is not enough.
Beer