View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 02:45 PM
beeeeeer
  • Oct 2005
  • San Diego, CA - Land of Beer
  • 2,531 mattman688 has a reputation beyond repute
Drinking Bells Two Hearted Ale...received from a trade with 120 minute man....

Poured a perfect 2 finger head, creamy white head that lasts for about 1/2 the beer. Frothy lacing sticks to the glass... pretty thick lacing...Peachy gold beer with decent clarity, a little hazzy but not bad. Solid carbonation.

Aroma- light citric, floral hops with a sweet backdrop in your nose. Not a hop bomb but very mellow and quite enjoyable. The sweet backdrop is a sweet fruit smells to it...

Taste- very smooth, very sessionable, mouthfeel is a little light, but delicious. I think this beer has a very distinct taste of grapefruit and sweet maltiness. The end taste has a bit of spiciness and alittle bit of earthy and sprucy overtones as your mouth awaits another sip. This beer is pretty creamy as it reaches the back of your mouth... I think this is a great beer, definately not a hophead dream come true, but then again this is an IPA and not a DIPA. So overall, i feel this beer is quite tasty.

overall, i like this beer...this beer you can drink a bunch without realizing.. very sessionable. nod

8.6/10

Last edited by mattman688; 11-22-2008 at 02:48 PM..
lupulin theshold shift \ lu-pu-lin thesh-old shift \n 1. When a once extraordinarily hoppy beer now seems pedestrian. 2. The phenomenon a person has when craving more bitterness in a beer. 3. The long-term exposure to extremely hoppy beers; if excessive or prolonged, a habitual dependence on hops will occur. 4. When a "Double IPA" just is not enough.
Beer