View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 01:05 PM
Shitty Thread Crapper
  • Aug 2004
  • in the wind
  • 1,607 BikerEric has a brilliant future
Quote from bzhayes View Post :
Ok, I took everything apart and nothing appears damaged or cracked. The cup was full of ice... so I guess that is why the water was leaking out. It was flowing into the cup... and the cup runneth over.

I'm not sure why the cup was frozen up. I thawed everything out and stuck it back in there. I then turned everything back on and let it run overnight. The next morning there was no ice. No water that I could see was delivered to the ice maker at all.

I've no taken out the solenoid valve and disassembled it. Nothing seems to be cracked or broken. I couldn't find anything blocking the flow path through the valve.

I'm stumped... I would appreciate any insight you could provide. I am thinking maybe something is fried in the electronics. The resistance of the solenoid is ~180 ohms.
BE VERY CAREFUL USING THESE NEXT TECHNIQUES AS THE POWER IS ON AND CONNECTED!!!!

using a stripped ( on each end) solid wire , jump T to H (tstat to Heater) THIS IS A LIVE CONNECTION ~~~ MAKE SURE THE WIRE IS STRIPPED ON EACH END ~~~ NOT ENTIRELY!!!!
LOOK to see if the fingers are moving!
Listen for a light CLICK sound
remove jumper and watch and listen
Listen and Look for the water valve to open and fill the Icemaker
Watch for the fingers to stop

then post back!

Use this diagram as a guide!

n to v will test the water valve
t to h will fire up the heater underneath
and then after the click the unit will run through a cycle

Last edited by BikerEric; 07-07-2009 at 11:37 AM..
"Lord, make me quick and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun." And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home Let me die in a pile of empty brass."
Amen

"I CELERITER TEMPUS DEFICIT" look it up

"It is said , That some suffer from insanity. I, however, choose to enjoy it!"