View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 03:32 PM
beeeeeer
  • Oct 2005
  • San Diego, CA - Land of Beer
  • 2,531 mattman688 has a reputation beyond repute
Holy pumpkin pie batman!Bigeye i can smell it from far away...never had a pumpkin ale, so this will be a mattman first! ***I am not a fan of pumpkin pies***

Drinking Weyerbacher's Imperial Pumpkin Ale... as per request/sent by Wiles...

Pours a hazy dark amber beer with a thing creamy head that faded away after a few minutes...light splotchy lacing clinging to the side of the glass..

Aroma- As mentioned prior, this thing is full of pumpkin pie aromas... aroma is somewhat sweet with a spicy aftertone...cinnamon, nutmeg, and another spice(can't point it out) really stand out...

Taste- the taste is fairly sweet, creamy but still fairly light on your palette, but then finishes off with a spicy dryness. The caramel malt tones really keep the spices in check and adds another dimension to this beer.. Full in flavor, great mouthfeel.. nice carbonation especially at the end mouthfeel. whats nice it doesn't feel artificially flavored... for me, this isn't sessionable as these kinds of spices aren't my favorite and its a bit sweet for me..I like this beer, but not my favorite. I am glad this is my first pumpkin ale i have had, as i am starting the bar high in expectations for the pumpkin ale category..

Delicious beer to have as a late night snack...
i would give it a 8.8/10 on style
and a 8.0 on personal preference...
lupulin theshold shift \ lu-pu-lin thesh-old shift \n 1. When a once extraordinarily hoppy beer now seems pedestrian. 2. The phenomenon a person has when craving more bitterness in a beer. 3. The long-term exposure to extremely hoppy beers; if excessive or prolonged, a habitual dependence on hops will occur. 4. When a "Double IPA" just is not enough.
Beer