View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 04:38 PM
"Custom" Title OHYEAH!
  • Jun 2006
  • Bham, AL
  • 57 Deptacon will become famous soon enough
Quote from Giants85 View Post :
I agree it is not difficult to do this, but to me it really doesn't matter as neither the hole behind the tv nor the hole where the wires will come out of the wall will ever be seen.

If the TV is ever moved I would not want an HDMI wall plate in the middle of my wall, so that would need to be taken out and covered anyway. The wall plate on the bottom could stay, as I would probably put it next to an outlet, but to me a simple hole will work just fine.

There is also the Optical Cable I am using to connect to the HTIB, not sure if they make a wall mount for this?

And I'd rather go to Home Depot anyway.
Home Depot by me sucks...hit or miss with either of them though depends on where you live.

they do make optical ports.... they do not have them at HD or Lowes though... need to order them online. It would drive me nuts knowing there was a hole there.... plus, if you ever trying to sell the house... the house can look like shit...you show most guys a pre wired wall set for a TV with HDMI, TOSLINK, etc... he will tell the wife he likes the house nod
I rep for help, good comments, assisting other's, and general good SD comments....

I flame people who call Smilie

DON'T EVER CALL! IF THEY HAD A NEGATIVE REP OPTION FOR THOSE THAT CALL I WOULD BE CLICKING AWAY