Copied from the "old" thread...
I found this on the ShopRite thread and tried it today at Kroger. Worked like a charm!!
I have not seen this noted in the Kroger thread before.
For those who don't know the penny trick ...
At the self checkout,
1. Scan all your items & shopper card
2. Hit the "finish and pay" button
3. Choose "cash" on the payment screen
4. Put in one penny (or a nickel, dime, etc.)
6. Then, hit the "go back" button at the very bottom of the screen
If you have triggered a CAT in your transaction, it will start to print at this point
You can then go back to the main screen and hit the "coupon" button to scan your couppns and complete your transaction -- if you didn't get the right items, I guess that you could cancel the transaction....
I did this with the McCormick spices twice today. Did the penny trick, got the CAT, and paid the remainder of my tax. No need to lay out the cash and you don't have to hold the CAT for the next order!
Last edited by mdthomas8368; 10-22-2010 at 07:28 AM..
Reason: spelling correction