View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 12:46 PM
Stop The Hating
  • Apr 2007
  • at iamynot videos on justin.tv
  • 9,465 slayers750 has a reputation beyond repute
How to Count Characters in the Wiki
Credit goes to Bailey327 for helping me to figure out the following. This came up because of concern over how to determine if the wiki's are going over the 80,000 character limit:

How to count characters in the wiki:

1. Go the wiki in question.

2. Click on "Edit Contents" in the Right Hand Corner.

3. Click on the box in the very upper right hand corner that has "A/A" (Switch Editor Mode) Until the wiki comes up in code format:

Example of Code Format: [SIZE=4][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][SIZE=4][SIZE=2][B][SIZE=4][COLOR=Blue][SIZE=5]Welcome to the Kroger Thread on Slick Deals! [/SIZE]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=Blue][B]
[SIZE=2]Please do not edit Wiki #1 or #2 you can post changes in the thread or PM one of the Kroger Team members:[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black][COLOR=Blue][B]ank220, cawoodkid and dealznstealz[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][COLOR=Black]We [U]still[/U] need several people to help with updating wiki and have several openings for Kroger Team Leaders. A few of the items we need help with are: doing weekly sale match-ups, weekly sales free/cheap list, catalinas, catalina coupon match-ups, in-store coupons, etc. If you want to be part of the Kroger Team please PM me. Thanks dealznstealz.[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]

4. Copy the entire wiki by highlighting the entire text (which as to be in code format as shown above) and hitting CTRL+C. DO NOT SAVE THE WIKI - JUST EITHER CLICK AWAY OR HIT CANCEL SO YOU DO NOT MESS UP THE WIKI.

5. Paste the entire wiki into Microsoft Word 2007 using CTRL+V

6. On the lower left hand corner there is something that says "Words: xx" - click on that and you will get the number of characters the wiki is currently taking up with all code included. The limit is 80,000 characters with code.

Please keep in mind that if you don't have Microsoft Word 2007, you cannot be assured your character count will be accurate.
After seeing this - I wish I was there. Rare that the local mall gets an actual celebrity to show up as part of a "flash mob". Smilie