View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 11:27 AM
L3: Novice
  • Jan 2009
  • 217 EnragedGnome has a spectacular aura about
Electronics 1GB Bonus Dropbox Storage for FREE
Via the Dropbox Forums [dropbox.com]:

Quote :
I'm very happy to announce the very first Dropquest! Dropquest will be a special event that gives YOU a chance to win free space and fantastic prizes not available anywhere else! While the actual event won't start until Saturday, I thought I'd give you guys an idea of what to expect.

The Details:

◦Who: You!
◦What: Dropquest is a multi-step scavenger hunt that will test your wits and knowledge. Expect to hop around the Dropbox site and the internet to find answers to easy and not-so-easy puzzles.
◦When: Saturday January 15, 2011 11:00 AM PST (7:00 PM GMT).
◦Where: The link will be available from this thread, but you can bookmark this link [dropbox.com]for the actual day (deactivated for now)
Prizes:

Completion: 1 GB for life
Dropquest will also be timed, and the fastest finishers will be rewarded with even more fantastic prizes. So don't be late on Saturday!

◦1st place: (1) Dropbox hoodie (Psychobox), LIMITED EDITION Dropbox Hack Week t-shirt (actual design), Dropbox drawing by Jon signed by the Dropbox team, 50 GB for life!
◦2nd place: (10) Dropbox hoodie (Psychobox), Dropbox print by Jon signed by the Dropbox team, 10 GB for life!
◦3rd place: (20) Dropbox t-shirt (Psychobox), 5 GB for life!
◦4th place: (50) 1 GB for life!
...and more!
Based on the wording, I believe that anyone who completes the quest will get 1 GB of free space. The fourth place (50) 1 GB for life prize is on top of the completion bonus, but I'm not sure on that.

Good luck everyone!

UPDATE: Prizes are all long gone, but everyone can follow the steps in the wiki to earn 1 GB of free bonus space for your dropbox account.

Last edited by EnragedGnome; 01-15-2011 at 04:38 PM..

01-13-2011, 11:27 AM

Guests, join the SlickDeals.net Community for free to remove this ad.