View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 01:39 PM
L3: Novice
  • Jan 2008
  • 82 kvt will become famous soon enough
Quote from leeh795 View Post :
This seems to be a fairly common problem with this, any idea which other brand might be safer? TIA!
First of all, since these are steel (as with any other), you rather raise your hand for some clearance between the blendar and bowl/pot contents and do the blending OR simply transfer the contents into another bowl and then do the blending.

I have the kitchenaid variable speed blender that i'm using from past 5 years or so, bought it for $35 from amazon. Strong construction and quality product. I was planning to buy the wisk and chopper attachments for this and wisk alone is $15 and chopper is expensive too. OR I have to go with $80 one which includes all. anyways,

I bought this yesterday after seeing this post from costco. The wisk itself and chopper plastic are cheaply made but the blender shaft seems to be heavy and good. All in all, for $20, its worth it. I tried hamilton beach and other cheap ones from walmart and target and all are junk.... I would rather pick this cuisinart than the other ones. more over its from costco, so what do you have to loose?

b/n, I like my kitchenaid than this one but just because i was planning to buy a small chopper and wisk for existing one, I choose buy this one to save on money. In any case, for $20, don't have to think much.