View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 08:08 PM
Blue Jay~
  • May 2008
  • 1,400 XReflection has much to be proud of
Quote from getdealsonline View Post :
I couldn't get this thing to work ... anyone can offer a step by step way to get this extra space... thanks!!

on windows 7
Before doing this make sure you install the beta version of dropbox (from the forum link)
1) Find a removable storage device (usb drive is what I used)
2). Transfer 4.5GB (or more) worth of photos to a folder named DCIM in the root of the drive (not sure if this is necessary, I did it as a precaution).
3). Unplug the drive and plug it back in
4). In the autoplay window that pops up select "Import pictures and videos using dropbox"
5). A bubble notification on the notification bar should say "Finding photos to upload, click here for info." Click it.
6). Let the photos import to your dropbox folder (wait till the bar fills up).
7). Your dropbox folder should open after it finishes. Go ahead and delete all the photos. You don't need to actually let it upload.
8). Another notification should say that your space has been increased.

Alternatively, if you don't have 4.5GB of photos, just repeat the process twice. You might need to reupload the photos into your usb drive for it to work, not sure.
~~~~~~~~~~~ Check out my Youtube [youtube.com] ~~~~~~~~~~~
~~ Corsair Carbide 500R | ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z | Intel i5-2500k 4.7GHz [canardpc.com] | Cooler Master Hyper 212 | MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | 4x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz | Seasonic X650 PSU | Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD 2TB HDD 1x750GB HDD 1x640GB HDD| CM Storm Quickfire Rapid | Gigabyte Thor M7 | ASUS VS247H-P 23.6" Monitor x2 | Windows 7 Pro 64-bit~~

3DMark Firestrike Score [3dmark.com]

XBox Live Gametag - Reflection X13
Steam - jhu' X13_Y [steamcommunity.com]