View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 07:22 AM
L3: Novice
  • Oct 2010
  • Florida
  • 101 gat0rjay will become famous soon enough
As for the deal itself.. I guess it's a decent one for a NIB product. But FWIW, I got a very YMMV deal on a D7000 TV a few weeks back. Warehouse deals had it for $1,342 - $67 (Chase 5%) = $1,275. Then I got lucky, and there was no power cord in the box. So I called Amazon, and they gave me an additional 10% refund (which I was more than happy with, but I'm guessing that came off my original purchase price (chipping away some of my cash rewards). The bottom line is my OTD price ended up being ~$1,150 (just by dumb luck). The TV is in perfect shape, and registered through Samsung just fine too, a full 15 month manufacturer warranty.

My point is not that this is a bad deal. Like I said, it's probably a decent deal for a NIB product; and I just got lucky more than anything with my price on a D7000. But the point is that you can certainly shave ~$500 off of the low retail prices on these high end TVs if you're willing to shop around the open box sources (Warehouse deals, Searsoutlet, Big Box Stores floor models, etc). Maybe I'll save someone a few bucks.