View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 02:17 PM
L2: Beginner
  • Sep 2008
  • 13 backpack is finding his bearings
Quote from prankies View Post :
I have a Cherry Red version and love it to death. I haven't run into the USB problem, but it wouldn't surprise me if I did down the road.

However, I did have to send my first keyboard back because of a squeaky space bar, and some of the keys on the right side of the keyboard stopped working (I think it may have had something to do with the way I angle my keys when I game). My replacement keyboard did not have a squeaky space bar at all, and now I have been using it about 6 months and have had no problems with any of the keys. Could have just been a faulty unit, but to be honest it feels like this one is completely different than the first one I received (even though they were both models from before 2012). Do they switch these up?

The Cherry Reds have been awesome for all types of gaming: FPS, RTS, MMO... and of course typing is a dream.
I also had to return two (one red, one brown) because of squeaky keys & annoying ping'ing noises. Overall, these keyboards have low build quality and I decided to go with a more reputable brand. The Rosewill keyboard has a nice hefty weight to it, which is nice, but their larger keys are poorly designed (you can't hit them at certain angles, otherwise you'll get friction/squeaky/unpleasantness in your fingers).

I think $64 is warm, considering the quality. If you get the clicky ones (Cherry Blue's), then you won't notice the squeaking/pinging as much. If you're looking to get the Red's or Browns, like I did, then I wouldn't suggest these.