View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 07:20 PM
L6: Expert
  • May 2006
  • NC
  • 116 SEGMA98 will become famous soon enough
i had KDL52EX701 LED. It died after 14 months of use. sony initially denies my warranty. i had to fight and threaten to sue them so they finally acknowledged that i have 3 yr of warranty rather than 1 yr as they claimed. it took forever to try and fix it.the power source just died out of no where..they sent one to repair it, he nicked my LCD screen and broke it while fixing it, then claimed that my 4 yr old broke it (he was the only one with the tv in a locked room). he refused to give me paper work about what he fixed and what happened. sony did the same and refused to send me any documents. then sony denied my request to repair it and claimed that my son did.i told them to send me the written denial to fix it because im letting my lawyer handle it..after countless hours of phone conversations with some idiots over sea i demanded to talk to someone from USA headquarters. they were so unprofessional. eventually one day i got a call from them saying they will replace it with a refurbished KDL52NX800..they treated me like i was stealing. i had proof with pictures that my screen was clear of any damage prior to him coming,once they heard that, they offered to replace it.

this is my second sony tv that ends up in bad shape within 1-1.5 yrs (i had XBR1 SXRD TV-Paid 3500 for it)

I dont know if a good deal or not but honesty, i will never buy sony tv again..i paid total $5000 for 2 tvs..they both died within 1-1.5 yrs of use.
never again

Last edited by SEGMA98; 10-12-2012 at 07:24 PM..
I heart Slickdeals