View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 11:51 PM
L8: Grand Teacher
  • Apr 2011
  • 1,542 ThatOneGuyWho1 has a brilliant future
Quote from Anthony Thomas View Post :
I haven't brought a PS3 yet either. I had the money several times to buy it, even at launch. When it launched again I said it and many others did as well, no blockbuster games and no GT5. Combined with a higher price point (and I am not one to complain about pricing) I didn't deem it worth my money.

I bought my Slim PS2 below $199 when they dropped the price to $179. There have been some discounts on the core system but again I don't feel like spending $200+ to play a handful of games. Plus "gaming" as sort of taken a backseat to other things, I was never a hardcore gamer anyway.

Playstation 3 provides value at below $200 at this point, I may actually get a older backward compatible model since space is valuable. As I said its just taken a backseat to other things...
Unless you use your 360 for most third party games, the PS3 has more than a handful of great titles. You just have to ask yourself what you want to play (genre wise) and if you're willing to try new things.

I love my PS3 250GB and got it for $300+ (with Uncharted 2, LittleBigPlanet and another DualShock 3 controller) at BestBuy about 2 years ago and I love it. I have all 3 consoles but I tend to play most of my multiplatform games on the PS3 as well as a long list of exclusives.

It really depends on if your willing to game a lot though. For $200 for a PS3 this Black Friday, I'd say that's a great deal.