View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 05:06 AM
L6: Expert
  • Dec 2007
  • Southern CA
  • 1,354 MrVietnam has much to be proud of
If I am not a Costco member, is there anyway I can use the gift card to buy gas? Do they have non-member rates at Costco gas pumps? I like the idea of buying a $100 Costco gift card for $75 as long as I am able to use the gift card. Does Costco give one day free shopping passes like Sam's Club does periodically?

EDIT: I went to Costco.com and put a $100 cash card into my cart and when I went to check out it said:

A Costco Membership is required to purchase this item.

Costco Cash Cards may only be purchased by Costco members. In order to process your request, we must verify your membership information. Please provide your membership number in the field below. This information will automatically be updated in the My Account section of the site.

Bummer Frown

Do you think if I just borrow a Costco membership number from a family member will that work? Can I use a gift card at the gas pumps w/o having a physical membership card with me? I wonder if you borrow a number if they cross check to see if it your online information matches your membership card name and address.

Last edited by MrVietnam; 10-31-2012 at 05:11 AM..