View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 05:41 PM
L3: Novice
  • Jan 2007
  • 88 MLDoc will become famous soon enough
Based on the limited amount of looking back I have done, I'm pretty sure there will be some deals on DSLRs. Take a look at the RadShack ad. It's only a T3, and the deal is warm at best, but its a start. I'm sure that BB and some of the other big box retailers will have at least 1-2 options, though I'd be willing to bet that the best deals will be online. I don't think we have seen the lowest price yet in the T3i + 2 lenses + printer + accessories - $400 rebate offering. The leader so far has been Amazon at $516, but I think we might get a little below $500 AR around BF. Thatis pure speculation though. Anyway, most likely the cameras offered in the big box stores will be more on the consumer end (ie the Canon Rebels), though I wouldn't discount the larger camera shops and Amazon having more prosumer models. As another option, if you are looking in the prosumer range and are a Costco member, they have greatly expanded their selection both online and B&M in the past month or so. They have both the Canon 60d and 7d in store right now, along with a good selection of Nikon (not sure which models, I'm in the market for a Canon).

Just for the sake of discussion, what do each of you plan on shooting with a DSLR once you get it? I do aviation photography and am currently using a fairly old yet rock solid Canon S2 IS. I'm looking for an upgrade to something that is faster and more versatile. My search is for a T3i bundle at a great price so I have money left over for a long (400mm) telephoto zoom.

Last edited by MLDoc; 11-05-2012 at 05:52 PM..