View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 11:59 AM
L3: Novice
  • Oct 2004
  • 72 avian will become famous soon enough
Quote from FAMIR View Post :
Pentax is horrible in creating WR as weather resistant, when WR had been defined as Water Resistant. Like the Casio g-shock watch I have, can use when submerge. We are talking about amateur, more likely a P&S water resistant camera will get enough amazing video/picture for the little dive we have.
Famir,

WR has been used to describe both "water resistant" and "weather resistant" cameras. The K7 and K10d are "weather resistant" . They are not waterproof which I am well aware of. "Weather resistant" = should be OK in inclement type weather. The Pentax Optio is supposed to be waterproof and advertised in this way.

If you have the Pentax lenses you may just want to build on them rather than going to a completely new system. However, if you only have 2 then you are not all that invested and, as you noted, you can just "throw all the line out." Because the K5 II and IIs are now out the price of the K5 should continue to drop. Canon 6d vs Pentax K5: now there's a big price difference - $2000 for body only vs @$850 body only.

Back to the K-01: anyone who ordered from Adorama and received the backordered notice get a shipping email yet? I know they estimated 10-14 days but just curious.

Last edited by avian; 11-08-2012 at 12:14 PM..