View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 09:14 AM
L6: Expert
  • Jun 2006
  • BAg ipple
  • 832 shoitz is a splendid one to behold
Free $10 eBay GC from eBay Green & Patagonia Pledge (YMMV)
Just got this email. If you sign up here and help get them over 50k pledges, you'll get a Free $10 eBay Gift Certificate. Doesn't say it's limited to only those who received the email:

http://campaigns.ebay.com/patagon...sIncentive

However, here's the fine print (first 1,000 only, which may or may not have already happened):

Quote from eBay :
*Limit of 1 US $10 eBay Gift Certificate per person. 1,000 eBay Gift Certificates will be awarded to the first 1,000 non-employee sellers to take the Common Threads pledge (the "Pledge"). Use of eBay Gift Certificates is subject to terms and conditions at . The eBay Gift Certificate shall be deposited in your PayPal account within 20 days of your Pledge. To redeem an eBay Gift Certificate, you need to log into your PayPal account when purchasing an item on eBay. No cash back will be available. eBay reserves the right to hold back, reverse or otherwise suspend any eBay Gift Certificate in its sole discretion to investigate compliance with eBay's policies.
I got the email at Noon EST. As of 12:12PM EST there were 38,487 signed up*. So either they already had their 1,000 who had pledged and nobody will be getting the certificate, or they meant 1,000 from when they sent the email. Since it's eBay, I wouldn't hold my breath, but figured I'd share anyway.

*Even this is suspect... that's what the graphic in the email and on the site say, which leads me to believe it's static and not actually a real meter. That's the number they had posted on Nov 7 on their blog. So basically I don't see a current count anywhere.

Last edited by shoitz; 11-10-2012 at 09:38 AM..

11-10-2012, 09:14 AM

Guests, join the SlickDeals.net Community for free to remove this ad.