View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 12:01 PM
L2: Beginner
  • Jan 2008
  • 38 MAH4546 is finding his bearings
Quote from shifty1 View Post :
I bought the school but then looked at it again. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like the school is not the Playmobil 4324 school building that is linked but is actually a toysrus exclusive one -playmobil 5923. The reviews on amazon are positive for 4324 but mixed for 5923.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/in...Id=4107130
Correct, it's a bit smaller.

I bought the bigger one a few months ago when all the school sets were 40% off (in-store only) and it's really an awesome toy. The main difference is that the bigger set has some more details - more accessories, a principal's office and bathrooms. It can also be expanded with an add-on pack. I don't think most kids care, though.

Also, Playmobil is expensive, but it is, bar none, the single highest quality toy by a major toy manufacturer sold in the United States. These things last forever - and that's because Playmobil has always and continues to largely refuse to outsource manufacturing. It's manufacturing facilities are still in Germany and Malta. They had a short run of China-manufactured sets sold at low price points in the United States, but that is over (although the sets - a school bus, fire truck and garbage truck - can still be found in stores).

Last edited by MAH4546; 11-15-2012 at 02:26 PM..