View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 07:43 AM
L1: Learner
  • Apr 2012
  • 31 martinjg98 is finding his bearings
Best Buy Black Friday: HP Envy 17.3" Laptop DV7-7255DX - Intel Core i5-3210M CPU, 6GB RAM, 750GB HD $529.99
Best Buy [bestbuy.com] has HP Envy 17.3" Laptop DV7-7255DX - Intel Core i5-3210M CPU, 6GB RAM, 750GB HD for $529.99 on November 23rd (BLACK FRIDAY).

Additional info:

Description: Surprised nobody has posted this one already, because it's the one I'm buying tomorrow night:

https://blackfriday.bestbuy.com/product/6933747

I guess the plain-vanilla Intel GPU means it's not the best for gaming, but for what I do (audio production), this CPU smokes. Nice to have the big screen, big hard drive, and 6 GB RAM. Anyone have any experience with Beats Audio, positive or negative?

MANUFACTURER INFORMATION
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-3rd Gen Intel® Core™ i5-3210M processor
Features a 2.5GHz processor speed with Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz.

-Intel® Core™ i5 processor
Features smart 4-way processing performance with a speed boost.

-Intel® Turbo Boost Technology
Delivers extra performance when you need it and increased energy efficiency when you don't. Intel® HD graphics provide extra graphics power for your laptop when you need it.

-6GB DDR3 SDRAM
For multitasking power.

-Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive
Create custom DVDs and CDs.

-17.3" LED-backlit high-definition display
With BrightView technology and 1600 x 900 resolution showcases movies and games in stunning clarity.

-750GB hard drive (5400 rpm)
Offers spacious storage and fast read/write times. HP ProtectSmart hard drive protection helps keep your data safe.

-Intel® HD Graphics 4000
Feature up to 1696MB total video memory for lush images and vivid detail. HDMI output for connection to an HDTV.

-Built-in TrueVision HD webcam
With integrated dual-array digital microphone makes it easy to video chat with family and friends.
Multiformat media reader

- Beats Audio
HP and Beats by Dr. Dre have partnered to create these studio-inspired computer speakers. Finally, you can hear your favorite artists the way they should be heard. You use your laptop for everything; with HP now you can experience everything you do with incredible audio and stunning sound.

-Supports Secure Digital and MultiMediaCard formats.
3 USB 3.0 ports and 1 USB 2.0 port
For fast digital video, audio and data transfer.

-Built-in high-speed wireless LAN (802.11b/g/n)
Connect to the Internet without wires.

-Built-in 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
With RJ-45 connector for quick and easy wired Web connection.

-Weighs 6.9 lbs. and measures just 1.4" thin
For portable power. Full-size, island-style, backlit keyboard with a numeric keypad enables comfortable typing and simple data entry, even in low-light conditions.

-Brushed aluminum body in natural silver
Offers a stylish appearance.

-Microsoft Windows 8 operating system preinstalled
Provides a stable platform for word processing, Web navigation, gaming, media storage and more.

-Software package included
With CyberLink Power2Go, CyberLink PowerDVD and more. Microsoft Office Starter 2010 also included (product key card required for activation; sold separately).

-ENERGY STAR certified
Designed to use less energy and meets strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the Environmental Protection Agency and U.S. Department of Energy.
Manufacturer: HP
Model: DV7-7255DX
Sku: 6933747
Category: Laptops & Notebooks