View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 11:21 AM
L5: Journeyman
  • Mar 2011
  • 50 diamondjoker5 will become famous soon enough
Quote from ppo22 View Post :
The two laptops you mentioned do not compare at all. The laptop in this deal is Core I 5. Very fast when compared to the bestbuy deal. in my opinion this deal is the best I have seen this year. Cant imagine why this thread is not getting much attention.

I got the asus BB for the simple fact that it was the cheapest not crappy laptop for basic entry level computing. It doesnt have the ridiculously slow 1.4 amd e- cpus, or intel celerons. With the 2.4 ghz pentium dual core you can get at least something done,

Dont get me wrong, the 369$ deal for the asus is not a bad deal at all. i5 is a good processor and def worth it but its not like we had similar deal out there. Over the summer on newegg i bought an acer for $379 with same exact specs, 4gb, 500gb, 15.6 , ati 7000 onboard card (which can actually run some games too) and an nice quad core amd cpu. While the i5 is still slightly faster and more power efficient than the a6 quad core cpu (does up to 2.4ghz with turbo clock) on the acer, its not like its too far apart. The prices are similar too. But since intels are usually more expensive, the deal relative to the cpu is a good deal. I think the intel site listed the i5 here by itself for a $220 retail price. So cpu here is worth 2/3 of the laptop.