View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 05:07 AM
L4: Apprentice
  • Jan 2005
  • 35 DX_Psycho is finding his bearings
Quote from alterego View Post :
I got in on the BHP $649 deal for the T3i with 2 additional lens, memory card and bag... Should I ditch that one to take this???
T4i's photo and video quality is 95% identical to the T3i and T2i. In almost any situation, you'd never be able to tell the difference between the three.

BHP is also a Canon Authorized dealer so you'll have no trouble with the warranty if you have to use it.

In any case, I'd take the camera with more lenses over the camera with less lenses any day. Those telephoto lenses that you get are decent. Once you've learned enough about using your DSLR you'll want to update your lenses anyways. It may be a little harder to fully learn the ins-and-outs of DSLR photography without having a telephoto lens. The T3i combo comes with the best sub $600 telephoto lens.

Though it depends what you want to take pictures of. I rarely use my telephoto lens as I like shooting portraits and landscapes.

So... I'd say go with the T3i, enjoy being able to zoom into things with your telephoto lens.