View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 08:33 AM
L4: Apprentice
  • May 2012
  • 153 drzzz has a spectacular aura about
Quote from vamos View Post :
If I understand correctly from the last hour of googling around, if I root this tablet and install gapps, I end up with a more fully featured Android tablet while preserving max stability?. ie with gapps will allow Google Play and all its apps etc?.

Getting for a child so want it to be 100% stable while also offering more than just a content delivery tablet.

Thanks for any help Smilie
Yes, rooting a Nook Color or Nook Tablet will get both to become a full android tablet, meaning it has full access to the android market and looks like most generic android tablets. Yes, the Nook Color should be quite stable after rooting. If you do it wrong, then it will have problems, much as any tablet will. If you're scared/unsure/etc., you can always buy a premade android-rooting card, like those N2A cards [n2acards.com]. From what I read about them on Amazon customer reviews, their customer service & tech support, once you buy their card, is quite good too. But, if you have a little know-how, you can easily make the same cards for FREE, since those N2A guys also get the same stuff available for free at XDA-Developers, and make you pay for their (N2A's) service essentially.

Nook COLOR Rooting Info.:

- Lots of links on how to customize your NC, can be found on this post: NC Rooting links

- Full Tutorial on How to Create an SD card to boot the nook color on android CM7 without modifying or rooting. Link [anamardoll.com]

Last edited by drzzz; 11-26-2012 at 08:41 AM..