View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 11:21 PM
L5: Journeyman
  • Aug 2012
  • 264 tenwinecans is a jewel in the rough
Quote from GeoffreyN View Post :
There are member organizations in this "program"? I find that ridiculous! Not one of the benefits of being in the bank [...] at work program is actually a benefit of the program. Every feature they list is open to personal account holders (e.g., online banking, direct deposit, no debit charge liability (this one is federally mandated I think)...). So yea, can anyone verify the people at this branch know what they're talking about with the "you have to work for a member organization" thing??

well... I went down to the BoA branch with a million in cash, ready to open an account,
in order to get the $100 bonus. Big Grin The manager asked me what company I worked
for and typed it in on the application on her computer. It came back showing "eligible
organization? No" I brought along a print out of the BoA website with this $100 new
acct offer which mentioned "Bank of America at Work Program". That's what the
manger typed on her computer. She said she never heard of this program and asked
where I heard about this offer. I just said a friend told me about it. (not going to mention
Slickdeals, obviously Big Grin )

The manager did say that she was happy to open a new acct for me, but couldn't
guarantee 100% that the $100 will show up in my acct. (due to the fact that my
company name came back as a "No") FYI, my current employer is the one of the
four biggest pharmaceutical companies in the US.

I ended up not opening the acct and left BoA.