View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 08:29 AM
L2: Beginner
  • Sep 2011
  • 134 gsage will become famous soon enough
Quote from superfan86 View Post :
I own the MDR-V6, which are the exact same headphones but with a VERY slight difference in frequency response. I highly recommend them or these to anyone looking for an above average pair of cans.

Personally I would just buy the V6's and save $10 bucks (they are retailing for $70 with free prime shipping on Amazon), but for someone who insists on wanting the "professional" series go for these. Also, these are known for their legendary life span, so the warranty shouldn't be an issue.

If you plan on wearing these all day, buy the replacement Velour Padded Earcushions, although I wear mine for at least 5 hours a day with no discomfort.

From Wiki:
he Sony MDR-V6 was superseded by the Sony MDR-7506 with only minor cosmetic differences and a different frequency response, such as the latter being provided with a gold plated headphone connector and a flat frequency response of 10 Hz to 20,000 Hz instead of the MDR-V6's 5 Hz to 30,000 Hz. The MDR-V6 also costs less than the MDR-7506.

Another difference is that the MDR-V6's, labeled with "Digital" are intended for mass market distribution through Sony's consumer division, as opposed to the MDR-7506's, which are labeled with "Professional" along the side and distributed through Sony's professional division. The MDR-7506's also come with a much more accessible warranty, which is another reason for the higher price.[2] The next model in Sony's pro line, the Sony MDR-7509, use a larger driver."

Thanks for the info. Any place in particular where you would recommend we pick up the Velour padded ear-cushions? TIA