View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 09:28 AM
L3: Novice
  • Mar 2004
  • 210 sudeh has a spectacular aura about
Quote from teaberry View Post :
I'm tempted to sell my Alienware m11x Sandybridge i3 to get this one, but couple of concerns.

OP - how is the battery-life in real-world usage? Let's say screen brightness about 30-50% with wifi on and just surfing the web? I see 5hr battery life listed but I'm curious if that's optimal or real-world type usage? With above settings, I can get 7-8hrs out of my m11x.

- How easy is a clean install? Some laptops have proprietary software and drivers for special buttons and hardware that a clean Win7 install and just simply installing drivers doesn't get you full function back? How is bloat-ware with stock Asus WinOS?

TIA Wink
I was installing all sorts of apps, downloading, running windows updates, etc. I got about 4 hours of life (and the screen wasn't turned down very much). Sorry, that's not too scientific but I've only had it a day.

I was thinking about a clean install, but I'm currently running with what they gave me. I uninstalled the annoying stuff (Bing bar, Asus eTutor, etc) immediately. The rest doesn't seem horrible (yet), but I can't really comment on how easy it is to get all the drivers up and running again. Someone on the NotebookReview Forums [notebookreview.com] looks like they tackled it though.