View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 12:33 PM
L5: Journeyman
  • Dec 2006
  • Sacramento - Calif.
  • 143 nocreditcardebt will become famous soon enough
Quote from Bakman View Post :
If you go to a Costco where Blendtec is having a roadshow, you can get the total blender with a Wildside jar for $300. You don't need the four side jar for $100 extra unless you plan on grinding a lot of grain. They don't cover fogging of the jars in the 8 year warranty because of pitting when grinding grains, so suggest you have a separate jar for that. In my opinion, the Twister jar is far more useful and faster for making nut butters, hummus, thick shakes, pesto, and smaller servings. The Twister jar usually sells for $119 but also comes with a $25 spatula (spoonula) or an upgraded version (spectacula?). However, you can order it from BBB using a 20% coupon when they have their free shipping events.

It seems like good practice not to buy products sold via some dude on a PA system inside a warehouse. After breaking a $400 "Vitamix" I found a $20.00 Oyster at Sams Club that I am far more satisfied with. The margins on these nonsense devices is something only surpassed by Apple. Seriously check your logic here folks. Oh the two companies are (like Apple) actively protecting their 200% markup with patent lawsuits. I laugh everytime I use my $20.00 blender and it works better.