View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 05:12 AM
L2: Beginner
  • Aug 2010
  • 22 4ML is finding his bearings
Quote from denisiel View Post :
Tried doing that but they found out it was under my spouse's name and immediately terminated our services and installation. Then they would not offer any more deals as an existing customer because they said I was a "fraud". Literally spent hours on the phone with DT and spoke to several supervisors in each department. The only thing they would agree is if we would take the full price service and they would mail us our old equipment back. We basically wanted the Genie so that is why we wanted to start a new contract. We were already out of contract for many months and our equipment was incredibly slow.

Even if you and your wife have different last names and telephone numbers, if DT sees that service is terminated and restarted, they may ask the old subscriber for verification of a new address.

Two weeks later, they sent a please come back email with this exact same deal (but minus they Costco Cash card). Now they are bombarding me with we-miss-you offers.
What I did was - scheduled a move to a different address at a later date. They have no problem if you continue the old service at a new address and install a new service under different name but at the same address. Once you get the installation - you call them a day later and cancel your scheduled move.