View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 05:45 PM
L10: Grand Master
  • May 2010
  • St. Louis, MO
  • 50,419 TDMVP73 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote from Tasso View Post :
They rejected the Systemax USB Keyboard & Bling 123 Copy DVD Platinum 2012 Software when I ordered and both times I used a TigerDirect gift card. Hopefully, they don't reject this one. Tired of filling out rebates for nothing lol
Yeah, I've found out the hard way that you have to order by phone when using TigerDirect Gift Cards.

If the order is below the gift card amount....

Say you're ordering a $9.99 keyboard and the gift card is for $35.00... it will still ask for a credit card to process the order online (even though it will be charged $0.00) because the gift card covers the full amount.

When the system sees it's charging the credit card $0.00, it automatically rejects the order and it won't go through. You won't receive a shipping update or any details of this "rejected" status. The order will show up in your Order Center, but when you click on the Order it will say "Invalid Order #", it won't show any details. It also sends you an Order Confirmation e-mail... so you would think the order had gone through... but it does not.

So... moral of the story, always phone in orders when you're using a gift card... especially if the items you are purchasing are below the gift card face value.