View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 07:26 PM
L2: Beginner
  • Feb 2010
  • 100 tcpoob will become famous soon enough
Quote from rkanyok View Post :
Even if that is true, that it is Macallan, that doesn't change my review of the product. Call it what you like, it's not a very interesting Scotch, which leads me to believe it's not Macallan. I can only call it like I taste it, and I've tasted a lot of different Scotch over the years. What I tasted, regardless of what it's called, does not want me to go buy more than one bottle. I'd rather spend $10 more and get Highland Park 15 or even spend $10 less and get Glenlivet Nadurra.

If it was what I remembered Macallan 18 tasting like, I was prepared to go back and get a case. I really wanted that to be true. Unfortunately, this smacks of Glenfiddich, which means it's merely break even to me at this price. YMMV.

It's also possible it's a Macallan experiment gone wrong and they dumped it on Costco rather than risking it under their name, but I'd be surprised if that's true. No Macallan is this dull or if it is, count me as unimpressed.
Nadurra for $10 less? where I am, Nadurra is about $60, often more. So that's $15 more than the 20 yr KS. I understand prices vary by region. And thx for sharing your review.